Author Topic: Prayers for Ben  (Read 31168 times)

Meld256

Re: Prayers for Ben
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 03:45:01 AM »
Kathy,

No problem at all; I think we here in the US expect everyone to know what we mean, too. :)   I love some of the different wordings.  My London friend told me once she was cleaning house and "hoovering" which was totally new to me, but I understood.

I'm sure they will be using every precaution while cleaning and checking Ben's wounds to assure there's no spread of infection.
Continued prayers,
Melinda

lighthouse33

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 07:03:26 AM »
Kathy,

I was so sorry to hear the news about Ben.  I've been praying and thinking about him all week.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

Catilee2

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 05:48:23 PM »
Dear Kathy,
   Sorry to be coming aboard the prayer train so late( haven't been visiting here too often), but will keep you, Ben and Ben's family in prayer.  Watching a loved one recover from injuries is not an easy thing.  May the love all of ;you have for him, keep his spirits up and willing to endure the long recovery he may face. An extra prayer thrown in that the infection clears up quickly.
God Bless you.
Catilee 2

Katybarstool

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 12:35:20 AM »
Thanks Catilee, and all.

Ben woke up again yesterday. He is very confused, and can't work out why his mum and dad were visiting him in Afghanistan. Of coure, they were all in the UK, but he can't understand that. He did know that his partner was there, and took his oxygen mask off to kiss her goodbye. The nurse said he could be confused and angry for a few days yet, but slowly he will comprehend.

He doesn't know about his injuries, so prayers are needed now for his acceptance and eventual peace of mind.

God bless.
Kathyx

engy

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2011, 03:14:18 AM »
Yes, he has a long road of recovery both physically & emotionally.

I will continue to pray for him & your family.

Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Daisy1234

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »
Kathy,
I am following Ben's journey and keeping the prayers going that he may find acceptance and hope and eventually happiness.  Please continue to keep us updated on what transpires in his so moving story. 

Hugs,
Daisy

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
Ben woke up again yesterday. He is very confused, and can't work out why his mum and dad were visiting him in Afghanistan.  The nurse said he could be confused and angry for a few days yet, but slowly he will comprehend.

He doesn't know about his injuries, so prayers are needed now for his acceptance and eventual peace of mind.

When Ben is more alert and awake longer it is going to be a real shock to him to discover the extent of his injuries.  It's going to be a really tough time for him. 

I hope your sister and her husband and Ben's partner don't take anything that Ben might say or the way he might act personally.  It will take a long time for Ben to get to the acceptance part and eventual peace of mind.  This is not something you can just put a bandaid on, kiss it, and make it all better. 

Keeping the prayers coming.
Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

lynnmarie219

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2011, 10:32:30 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updated Kathy...I continue to keep Ben and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers!

Katybarstool

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
Thank you so much for your continued prayers - Ben is still in critical care but his family are just so pleased that he is awake and neurologically seems okay. He is still on lots of drugs and deeply traumatised, but his family understand that he's not responsible for his words.

Bucky, you are so wise. Ben is going to need all the strength he can muster in the future. My sister is convinced he will overcome his disabilities - he's such a determined young man. I just pray that she's right.

We are not allowed to visit him in critical care, but my son is going to drive me the two hours journey to see her and give her some moral support next Thursday.

Ben is going in  to surgery again on Monday to check and clean his wounds. I will update you if there are any changes.

God bless
Kathyx

Meld256

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »
Kathy,

My family also continues our prayers for Ben.  I can imagine he is deeply traumatized; he's been through a horrible time of it.  It seems someone in this situation goes through many stages of grief, just as we do when given a diagnosis of disease.  I pray for his strength; both physically and emotionally.

He sounds like a very determined young man.  That determination will do him well in the days and months ahead, and he may make a surprisingly good recovery.  Love of family will mean the world to him.  Continuing our prayers for all of you.  ;)

Melinda

genko_b

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
We are continuing our prayers for Ben, and for your whole family, as well. It's great you will go to be with your sister. Just know we are all here cheering you on as best we can.

Genko

aussie mum

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
Kathy,
I just wanted to let you know that Ben is in our thoughts. You all have a long road ahead and I hope that your friendships on this board can give you strength through this difficult time.
Sending many (((((hugs))))))) from OZ.
Aussie Mum
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

harrigan

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »
Hello Kathy - I kept thinking of Ben today and wondering how he was after his wounds were cleaned, and how you are all managing.  Lots of love to you - let us know when you can xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Katybarstool

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »
Ailsa, thank you for remembering. The wound cleaning has been postponed until Wednesday.

Ben has had a good day today. He had some cereals first thing. For a few days he's only been allowed clear liquids, so that's a big improvement. He's also looking much better, according to my sister, although he gets very tired, which is to be expected.

If Ben continues to improve, he may be on the military ward by Thursday, which will be good, as then we will be able to see him. Otherwise, I'm just going to see my sister and her DH and give them both hugs.

Kathyx

Meld256

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2011, 09:27:04 AM »
Ben is certainly improving! I wondered about the wound cleaning, too.  Thank you for your update. 

Hopefully, he will be on the military ward by Thursday so you are able to see him.  I'm sure he will appreciate your trip to visit whether you see him or are able to support your sister and her DH.  What a courageous and strong young man.

My continued prayers and thoughts are with you all.
Melinda