Author Topic: Prayers for Ben  (Read 31209 times)

smallfry

Re: Prayers for Ben
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »
Dear Kathyx
Its very hard to know just what to say,my hopes and prayers are with Ben and and your famliy.
Smallfry

yodeb

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »
Kathy,

I am wishing you and your family and Ben much comfort and peace.  You are all in my prayers.

~deb

season

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »
I send my love.

My prayer is that he will remain strong and all those around him as he will need support.

lynnmarie219

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 09:41:40 PM »
Prayers continue to go up for Ben and his/your whole family...

Meld256

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 01:43:58 AM »
Thank you updating us about Ben's surgery. 

Wanted to let you know there are prayers happening for him all over.  I posted a bit of his situation on my FB and I know that there are people praying and thinking of you and your family in at least 5 states in the US and with another of my friends in London.

I pray for his strength and the strength of you and your entire family.  Please try to take care of yourself, too, during this stressful time.
Sending our positive thoughts from across the pond.  ;)

eyeamdry

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »
Kathy,

I am so sorry to read about your nephew and his extensive injuries.  I can't think of the right words, but I will join the others with prayers for Ben.  I have several grown nephews and I know he means the world to all of you.  Lucy

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 04:02:04 AM »
Kathy,
You and your family are in my prayers, too. 
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Carebear

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »
Dear Kathy,

I'm so sorry to hear about Ben.  Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 12:33:56 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about this event. War is certainly bad--other words to describe it that are more appropriate. I will also pray for him and his recovery both physically and emotionally.

Also will pray for his child and significant other. This can be such a terrible strain on a relationship and hope and pray that the gal is up to the task. He will really need her and that baby now. Please keep us posted.

Also, please try to get some rest so you don't go into a massive flare. Irish ;D

Katybarstool

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
Hi everybody

I have just spoken to my sister. She is bearing up, although absolutely exhausted. The doctors have started to reduce Ben's sedation. He has responded to stimulus, but is still asleep. They will continue reducing the sedation gradually, and are hoping he will wake up tomorrow.

The pardre has been to see my sister and her husband, and prayed with them. She found that very comforting. She is not usually very religious, so I made her laugh when I told her my 'God-bothering friends' and I had all been praying for Ben and his family. She thanks you from the bottom of her heart. So do I.

Kathyx

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 12:56:24 PM »
Kathyx

I am so sorry to hear of Ben's ordeal.  I have sent up prayers for him and his little family.  Please keep us posted and get some rest so you don't go into a flare.

Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 12:57:52 PM »
Praying for Ben and for your whole family.  Please keep us in the loop as he progresses.

Also -- remember to take care of yourself.
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Katybarstool

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »
My niece has been in contact. This is what she says:

Ben's sedation was reduced and he woke up briefly. He had a coughing fit and was sick, so they increased the sedation again. He is going back to theatre tomorrow, to have his wounds checked, so they will keep him sedated until after that. The nurse who was with him when he awoke said he was very calm, which is a good sign, however they don't know how much he understands of his situation.

My sister, her husband and family are bearing up. They are desperate to hold Ben, but fearful of his emotional state. His partner is with them, but the baby is with her family, which is good for him, but is mum is missing him greatly. And he won't be allowed in the hospital, as it seems lots of nasty infections come from the war zones, and of course, he is really vulnerable.

Thank you for keeping our family in your prayers.

Kathyx

Meld256

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 12:23:51 AM »
Thanks for the update again. So much for this young man to go through, as well as your family. 

I apologize, but do you mean he'll be back in surgery when you say "theatre"?  Or is he going back to a war zone? Either way, I and a lot of friends are keeping him in our prayers, as well as you, too, dear.

Blessings,
Melinda

Katybarstool

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:42 AM »
Thank you Meld. Sorry for the confusion - we British expect everyone to understand us :)Yes, theatre means surgery. It shouldn't be lengthy, but long enough to check and clean his wounds. He had an infection in one of his major wounds, so they need to be very careful. Apparently,there are lots of dirty bugs where he came from, so they have to be extremely vigilant.

Your prayers and thoughts are a cgreat omfort to myself and my family.

Kathyx