Author Topic: Prayers for Ben  (Read 31214 times)

Katybarstool

Prayers for Ben
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:22:09 AM »
I need to ask all you special people to pray for my 19 year ol nephew, Ben. Ben has been serving in Afghanistan for just two weeks, and was seriously injured yesterday.

Details are still unclear, but we know he has had both legs amputated at the knees, has a broken pelvis, and injuries to his upper body. He is heavily sedated and due to be repatriated at 1 am UK time on Sunday.

As you can imagine, we are utterly devastated. He has a partner and has taken responsibility for her 9 month old his. Stacey, his mum and dad (my sister) are being taken to the military hospital to be with him later today.

So, please will you pray for him and his little family, his brother and sister, and his dear parents?

Kathyx

Patze

Re: Prayers for Ben
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:56:34 AM »
Oh my gosh Kathyx, you know he'll be in my thoughts and prayers!  I know that you must be beside yourself with worry, but please please please take care of yourself too, okay?

And keep us updated, okay????

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:02:08 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this news. War tends to damage bodies and souls.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

engy

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 09:35:56 AM »
I'm sorry, I will definitely be praying for Ben.

Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Daisy1234

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »
Kathy:

I was very saddened to learn of the extensive injuries suffered by your dear courageous nephew Ben who has given so much in the service of his country.  Prayers for his recovery and rehabilitation are being said by me right now and I've also just made a special request to have prayers incluced for him during our church service tomorrow.

Sending many positive thoughts and heartfelt prayers,

Daisy

Katybarstool

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:32:23 AM »
Thank you so much. i knew I could rely on you.

My sister has now set off for the military hospital. She will keep in touch with me, and I will let you know how Ben is, when I know.

Kathyx

Happy

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »
I hope he comes out of all this in good spirit,, war is definately heck,,

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
Oh Kathy - I'm so sorry.

Sending all the positive thoughts I can muster for Ben, for you and for his family.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
(((Kathyx))) - I'm so sorry to hear about your dear nephew, Ben.  I can only imagine having that happen or hearing the news that your loved one has been seriously hurt.

Ben has a long road ahead of him.  It will definitely be "one day at a time". 

Keeping Ben, his little family, his parents and siblings and you and your family in my prayers. 

Please keep us updated when you can.

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Katybarstool

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »
Thank you. It's been a horrible day. I went to take my d-i-l and the little grandchildren to an appointment and just after I dropped them off, an elderly lady stepped off the kerb and fell at the back of my car. I was the only one to pick her up. The poor girl was just recovering from a broken hip. She said she was fine, and a relative came to collect her - she didn't need an ambulance, but I think I've strained my chest muscles when lifting her up. She wasn't very big, but I'm not either so, as well as hoping she's okay, I'm hoping I can keep moving tomorrow.

My sister and her husband have been allocated accomodation at the hospital. They are on standby for 2 am, when Ben will be taken from the airbase to the ICU at the hospital. I will update you tomorrow.

Thank you for your prayers. My church is praying for him too, so if prayer can move mountains, I'm sure it will help Ben get through this.

Kathyx   

lynnmarie219

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »
I am so so sorry to hear of your nephews injuries....sending lots of prayers up for him, his family, and all of you to have the strength and courage to get through this together. He has made such a sacrifice for our country...

Yes, please keep us updated as you can...and please take care of yourself. Maybe with some rest your muscles will feel ok on their own....and if not hopefully your doc can help you out to make you feel better and heal!

genko_b

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 05:31:15 PM »
Ben and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayers. It's hard to find words that mean anything.

Genko

harrigan

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 02:17:29 AM »
Oh Kathy. My heart goes out to you all. When i think of the self centred lives of so many teens, its tragic to hear that Ben has suffered like this for the safety of others.  He is still a teenage boy,for all his responsibilities.

You have always been so kind and supportive on here. Hope you feel the love and support from your family here and all those around you in the coming days.  Keep us posted when u can. Hope u r ok after lifting the poor lady up yesterday. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers  xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Meld256

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 02:32:18 AM »
Our dear Kathy,

My heart also goes out to your entire family.  Of course, you are devastated by the news of your nephew's injuries.  What a young man to have to go through so much in his life right now.   I'm sure your presence as well as his partner, and his mum and dad will mean so very much to him.

My family is praying for him, as well as letting everyone I know to also pray for his strength and care from his doctors, and for strength for your family as you go through such a horrible time.

Please know we are all with you in spirit, dear.  Keep us posted as you can.
Blessings,
Melinda

Katybarstool

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 01:02:18 PM »
I've just heard from my niece that Ben has come through the surgery well. I don't know the findings, but he is holding his own. He may be woken up tomorrow - depends on how things go overnight.

Kathyx