Author Topic: Addiction to Soda?  (Read 10183 times)

c991

Re: Addiction to Soda?
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:10 AM »
I think Im addicted to ice cream though. Dairy bothers me so I try to stay away but I havn't given up my ice cream! We gotta have some indulgences  ;D Carie

I really love "So Delicious" coconut milk ice cream, no dairy. In fact, just writing about made me think I better head off to the natural food co-op.

Clint

engy

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »
I will look for it next time I go to Whole Foods, thanks ;)
Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Patze

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:53 PM »
Hey Carie, what is your favorite flavor of ice cream???

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Sensei98

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
Yes, Mine is Pepsi...

Love the stuff.

engy

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2011, 12:53:58 PM »
Favorite flavor of ice cream? I will start a post on this in social forum. I don't think I could list just 1!
Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Doxie

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »
I love soda too.  I tried to stay off it for years, then, when my Sjogrens came and hit hard, I hit the pop.  My favorite thing to do was to put pop in the freezer for a bit to make it slushy. Then reality came crashing down, I developed diabetes. I really believe the pop (and a few steroids) threw my blood sugar out of whack. Though I have other risks for diabetes, I know all the sugar from the soda put me over the edge.

Now I drink diet soda, but limit it to 0-2 cans a day. However, I do like sugar free lemonade and other flavors of punch too.  Unfortunately, there is something about the artificial sweeteners and freezing it - it just makes a lump of ice, I don't get the slush. So now I sometimes use the blender, but that takes more effort.

Patze, I'm like you. I have to have tons of ice in my glass. At restaurants, it there isn't enough ice in my water or drink, I ask for a glass of ice!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »
doxie, I am like you---drinking the real pop along with the steroids probably kicked me over the edge with the diabetes. I do have a pretty extensive family history also so any way you look at it I was doomed. Oh, I miss my Pepsi in a glass with a lot of ice.

I drink the diet Mt. Dew with ice and the decaf diet MT Dew is pretty good also. I have found that the diet Mt. Dew is the only diet pop that I don't get an after taste from. I love it. They have a couple other flavors to choose from now too so that is great.

I had bought some Stevia a few months ago but I keep putting off trying it cause I have allergies to the mum pollen. I am not going to be happy if I have a reaction to the Stevia. The diet pops are just the pits though. I would rather give myself a shot of regular insulin to cover me when I drink the regular Pepsi. I will probably end up on insulin some day and then I can probably give that try!!!! Irish ;D

Just a little notation about diet drinks. I like the Snapple diet drink that Bret Michaels developed when he was on the The Apprentice TV show. I also found out something that I find interesting. The drink he concocted has become a good seller for Snapple. It has several fruit juices in with the tea. I have found that it sort of  helps loosen the mucus in my throat. When I don't drink it I seem to have more issues. So I have been drinking one bottle a day. I have also found that it tastes so good in the summer and in the winter it tastes like heck as I don't have such a heat driven thirst at that time. Irish ;D

Patze

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »
Shucks Doxie, I often tell the waitress/waiter to get me a tall glass of ice and put a bit of ice tea to "fill it up"; get some odd looks, but hey - the colder, the better! :D

I don't particularly care for Snapple, but I love any tea that is sugarless (natural or manmade sugar).

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen