Author Topic: Living with the burden of treatment  (Read 1277 times)

slccom

Living with the burden of treatment
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
http://myheartsisters.org/2013/02/16/living-with-the-burden-of-treatment/

Medical treatments are work for patients. Great essay!

Sharon

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Living with the burden of treatment
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 05:50:55 AM »
Yes Sharon,

The burden of treatment is very great.  I am so grateful that I was retired before all of my 'conditions' came to visit me.

I try to carry the burden as lightly as possible.... since I will have it for the rest of my life, and I know that accepting it only 'seems' like a choice.

I am so grateful for this forum and for all of you who make the journey less lonely. 

All of you are helping me with my  burden.  You are with me when I take my pills and spray my sprays, rub on my creams, go to the doctor, have my IVIG.  You are all always with me.

A burden shared is a burden no longer.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

stephL

Re: Living with the burden of treatment
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 03:04:36 AM »
Sharon, thank you for this article. What a good point the author makes.

This doc this looks like he has a real heart, what a wonderful bright smile!
Dr. Montori is a recognized teacher of evidence-based medicine, promoting the ideals of incorporating the best available research evidence, the patient context, and the patient values and preferences in making clinical decisions

Victor M. Montori, Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, USA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Montori
"Unlike weakness, fatigue can be alleviated by periods of rest." -Wikipedia: Fatigue (medical)