Author Topic: Reaching Out For Prayers For Twins! =(  (Read 5922 times)

sass

Re: Reaching Out For Prayers For Twins! =(
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 07:33:53 PM »
Just wanted you to know that Callie has made much improvement.  We are waiting of Chromosone testing to give the Geneticist a clue of what is going on with her.  She has passed all her other testing with flying colors.  Brain, kidneys, liver, hearing has all checked out good.  Much relief on those issues that the NIC-U doctors had feared. She has a enlarged mouth and multiple skin tags around her ears and a few around the mouth.  She is facing multiple plastic surgeries.  Her mouth where the corners of lips should stop-did not.  So she has a large mouth, where the lips continue on into the face.  Gives her a smiling apperance at all times.  (Not a bad feature!)  She is gorgeous even with the extended mouth.  I have done quite a bit of research, from lip anatomy to clift lip.  The actual diagnosis is unknown as of yet.  But I have found several references to it.  Macrostomia is what it was once called and goes from Wide Smiles to Bilateral Congential Macrostomia to Bilateral Transverse Facial Cleft-Bilateral Transverse Lip Cleft, etc.  She has it on both sides which is extremely rare.  None of the NICU docs or nurses have every seen this condition.  It is causing her feeding difficulties, both breast, bottle and several other options as well.  Have been stomach feeding her as well as IV.  But yesterday, she pulled out her stomach tube and when the attempted to feed her with the tube out of her nose...surprise she was able to suckle much better.  She still has some struggles, but we are seeing her gain a little weight back, instead of a lose. Callie has black hair and an olive complexion.
Kyndall, her little sister is doing great.  She has light auburn hair and tiny features.  She has a tad of jaundice and lost a little weight too, but we have discovered the problem and she is now putting her weight back on too. She too is a beauty! 
Thank You all for your concerns!  It has been a lifesaver for me!

Callie had several other issues at birth, but they all seem to be resolved.  (Quit breathing, asspirated fluid, kidney and liver questions, Double vessel umbilical cord were the most serious )                  ~sass~        Prayer Works

hootyhu1

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »
Sass,
I am so happy that the twins are doing better! I am still sending prayers and positive thoughts your way......just think, I was a preemie only at 2 pounds 35 years ago and I turned out great! (if I do say so myself, ha ha) Miracles happen everyday!!!! Please keep us posted!-Hootyhu

amberjolie1

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
So glad to hear that little Callie is doing better, and that her organs are okay! 

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
Sass, Great to hear Callie is coming along. Very good, you are so active in research.

More prayers coming your way.
Hugs and blessings, kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

sass

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 08:50:50 PM »
Thank You Again To each One of You!  A Very special group of people here. 

Kimbo, lol...yes, they call me the research queen at work and home.  I am very inquistive and have to search out for knowledge!   sass

BonusMom

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 09:15:03 PM »
So happy to hear the babies are gaining the weight they initially lost.

I understand about doing the research, especially since you have so much idle time at the hospital.  At least with doing research you feel like you're doing something useful :-)

Hang in there, sass.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »
sass, I am ever so glad that the prayers have been answered. All the things that could have been big issues haven't at this point and that is so wonderful. Yes, prayer is answered and miracles do happen. Hope your daughter is doing ok. You didn't say anything and I am wondering how her problems are or if they are slowly resolving. Irish ;D

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »
Prayers said, and so glad to hear good reports. All things are possible with our Lord.

susanep  :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Meld256

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 09:39:35 PM »
sass,
I am so glad that Callie is doing so much better and many of her problems have resolved. And Kyndall is doing well, too. Sounds like little Callie has a way to go but she will be alright.  Yes, prayer gets answered and miracles happen.  ;)

My continued prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Hang in there, dear.  We are all with you in spirit and heart. :D
Melinda

sass

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 04:54:14 AM »
Irish-DIL is worn out of course...  We are seeing her gaining more strength though after some much needed sleep.  They are waiting on re-running blood to check the platelets for a few days to let her balance out.  But she is doing well.

Bonus- Ha, Idle time with twins.  no way!  I stay up all night researching.

shevonne

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 06:24:24 AM »
Sass, I am so glad everything is working out for you, your daughter and the twins!  Prayers definitely work!  Keep us posted on the ongoing progress!

Calli66

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:41 AM »
So glad she's doing better---

another Calli(e)!!! Yay!

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »
Hi Sass - Good news! Sounds like Caillie is a fighter! So glad they are both doing well.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Gonzo

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 08:12:41 AM »
Hi Sass,

Wish you best of luck! Also prayers from Holland coming your way. And hopefully Caillie getting more well day by day!

sass

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »
ANOTHER UPDATE: 

Well it has been a fact of my life for as long as I can remember that Prayer is our Salvation and Grace! Callie has made huge bounds since she pulled out her own feeding tube.  Despite her mouth issues, she is eating like a champ. By Leaving it all in God's hands and to his will be done, has been Callie's strength.  Kyndall is also doing marvelous.  Has regained all her weight back.  Both Girls passed the required car seat test.  So guess what?  They were both released from the hospital and our now safely at their own home. 

She still will face many surgeries with her mouth and skin tags.  But we know that she will do as fantasic with those issues as she was a true fighter to get as far as she did in such a short amount of time.  Still no feedback on what her diagnosis is. 

I have heard from people all over the world.  And the prayers from YOU have made a difference in Callie, Kyndall and My Life!  I can't wait for them to grow up, so I can tell them about all the people that lifted their little lives up to God in faith and spirit.  I am going to write each of your names in a special book, along with a print out of each of the responses.  I want them to be Ambassadors for Christ as each of you are!  To see what prayer will do!!! 

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who prayed for us...those who responded and those who did not.  I know there are many of you that prayed and  remain nameless.  But know that you are a boundless blessing to others!

May God Bless You Now and Always!

My most humble and grateful Thanks,

~sass~         :-*