Author Topic: Your experience needed. Not ready to go back to work.  (Read 2302 times)

bkm0117

Your experience needed. Not ready to go back to work.
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:18:22 AM »
Hello,

I have been off work since beginning of March and the dr initially put me out until today.  I have a follow up appt with him today.  I am not ready to go back to work just yet.  Believe me I would love to get back into the "normal" world but I still am not feeling well.  Have you had this experience and do you think the dr will allow me more time off or do they normally make you go back to work? 

Thank you for sharing your experiences,

Brenda

Dolly Dimples

Re: Your experience needed. Not ready to go back to work.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:46 AM »
   Brenda, you need to state emphatically that you feel you are not well enough to carry out your job..

No one should be made to return to work if not well,  This is a safety risk as well as being downright insensitive!
           You do not state what has made you so ill, or that of your job status, so I cannot comment further,
                                                   Dolly

bkm0117

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »
Thank you Dolly for your comment.

I am having a lot of pain in my feet and one toe I have lost almost all feeling.  I am completely exhausted, my hand and fingers swell up when I do anything with them.  For instance, I cook dinner and by the time I am done my wrist and fingers are swollen.  I have horrible stomach pains.  Well I guess you get the picture lol.  I am on FMLA with my job at the moment.  My job is very stressful and I am thinking I will probably have to find something else soon.  I have another month of my FMLA so I am hoping that I can finish that out and maybe feel better by then.

Thanks again,

Brenda

bkm0117

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 10:42:51 AM »
Thank you Dolly for your comment.

I am having a lot of pain in my feet and one toe I have lost almost all feeling.  I am completely exhausted, my hand and fingers swell up when I do anything with them.  For instance, I cook dinner and by the time I am done my wrist and fingers are swollen.  I have horrible stomach pains.  Well I guess you get the picture lol.  I am on FMLA with my job at the moment.  My job is very stressful and I am thinking I will probably have to find something else soon.  I have another month of my FMLA so I am hoping that I can finish that out and maybe feel better by then.

Thanks again,

Brenda

I almost forgot one of the most important things.  I can't remember anything anymore.  I woke up today not knowing what the day was.  It took me a while to think it out that it was Monday.  The other day I was driving and I couldn't remember where I was going.  I couldn't remember my oldest daughters birthday.  It is so bad I forgot to put it on here too. 

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »
  Wow poor Brenda, I really think you should forget about work for good,
                      can you not try to get on long term sick.
                            You certainly would be a risk in the workplace as you feel right now,
                                    I can only wish you the best of luck Brenda,
                                                                            Dolly

bkm0117

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:46 AM »
  Wow poor Brenda, I really think you should forget about work for good,
                      can you not try to get on long term sick.
                            You certainly would be a risk in the workplace as you feel right now,
                                    I can only wish you the best of luck Brenda,
                                                                            Dolly

Thank you Dolly.  I know there are people out there way worse than me still working.  I don't want to do that if I can still work in the near future.  I like getting out of the house and having a purpose for myself.  I am going to talk to the dr and see what he says.  I do thank you for taking the time to write.  Have a great day!!!

Carebear

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:00:39 AM »
Hi Brenda,

I experienced much the same. On my follow-up medical appointment I told my doctor that I was not well enough to return to work, and that was that.  She did not question me because she knows that I know my health status best.  As Dolly said, just tell him what you've told us.  Your doctor is there to help you.  ;)

Let us know how your appointment goes.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

bkm0117

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 11:07:51 AM »
Hi Brenda,

I experienced much the same. On my follow-up medical appointment I told my doctor that I was not well enough to return to work, and that was that.  She did not question me because she knows that I know my health status best.  As Dolly said, just tell him what you've told us.  Your doctor is there to help you.  ;)

Let us know how your appointment goes.
[/quot

Thank you for sharing your experience.  That makes me feel better.  I still don't have a good relationship with him, I guess you could say.  He always seems to be so busy and I feel rushed when I am in there.  He always has his electronic notepad and looking at it when I am talking.  Just makes me feel he is not listening to me.  I will go in there and tell him exactly what I am feeling.  Thank you again!!