Author Topic: Tooth extraction on Monday!  (Read 16299 times)

Katybarstool

Re: Tooth extraction on Monday!
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »
Melinda

That is one fab new smile  ;D

Kathyx

Kimberley

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2011, 01:52:15 PM »
Melinda, I am sorry to hear that anybody else has to do this, but after a while you will learn to appreciate the pretty teeth and smile looking back at you.  I had 17 teeth removed and I looked like a meth addict before I had mine done.  OH and the pain that I suffered was nothing in comparison.  I can eat cold and hot, drink with or with out a straw... and because of the SJS the adhesive holds longer... cool! just do exactly what the doctor says.

Meld256

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »
Kathy,

I think my smile is pretty fab, too!  ;) My husband just keeps looking at me and smiling himself...he loves it.  He's been so sweet because I felt so bad about my mouth and how awful it looked.  Yesterday I dressed up and he told me how nice I looked...as a good husband should... ;D and then he said my smile just topped it off; the best money we ever spent!

Kimberley,
I'm glad you've done well. Yes, I guess I looked like a meth addict, too- I was so self-conscious. I already love the smile looking back.  I will follow doctor's orders. And yep, the adhesive, oh my goodness...the dental asst. put some on the denture last week and put quite a bit on the part on the roof of my mouth. When I tried to get it out later, I thought I would take all the skin off!  So now I know, if it's needed, use a tiny, tiny bit. 

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2011, 09:34:57 PM »
Meld, Boy, that is sure a good sales pitch for people to hurry and get their teeth out. If it makes the man in your life make those kind of remarks. Wow. Good for you and Good for your hubby. Irish ;D

Meld256

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2011, 10:06:32 PM »
irish,

Didn't think about it, but that IS a good sales pitch, isn't it?  "Get you teeth taken care of with pretty dentures and get compliments from your man."   ;D  Maybe I should tell the dentist... ;)

We have our 23rd anniversary tomorrow (on the 23rd).  He joked that he was going to buy me a diamond, but we got teeth instead. Much more practical...