Author Topic: having my surgery Wednesday  (Read 10701 times)

amberjolie1

Re: having my surgery Wednesday
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 06:14:03 AM »
Wishing you the best, too!  When my husband had a tonsillectomy and had to have it redone a few days later, he was anxious to get out of the hospital to stay away from the types of things you're nervous about.  Depending on how things go, maybe they can send you home as early as possible for your recovery?

Cricket

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 06:55:59 AM »
Wishiing you the best.  Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Katybarstool

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »
Irish

I hope you aredone and dusted by now, and beginning your recovery. This surgery could be the answer toyour prayers - and ours.

Kathyx

harrigan

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:42 PM »
Hoping it all went smoothly for you Irish.  I know you were anxious but I hope it has been worth the pain of the surgery and you have some answers and treatment options.  Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to hearing how it all went xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 07:29:08 AM »
Well, this was an interesting little event. I came home the same day. Had to wait in preop 3 1/1 hours cause they were behind schedule. Went to surgery at 1 PM and into recovery at 2 PM and out the door at 3:30 PM. I love the new anesthesias that are shortacting and allow a person to be up and around so soon. Got home at 5:30 PM and stopped for an ice cream cone on the way cause I was starving!!!lol

The doc found something very interesting this time. Why it didn't show up before we will never know cause I know it has been there. He found a whole bunch of "pockets" on the lingual tonsil that were filled with mucus/pus, etc. So he did the laser thingy and got rid of what he could see. My suspicion is that I could be lucky and this is all there is, or there could be more buried in the lingual tonsil that will show up down the road. I think this is possibly related to all the infections that I have had over the years from abscessed teeth.

I have always felt like I had lots of tunnneling of infection and that is very hard to find. I do think that using the Murpirocin nasonebs or nasal irrigation that I had ordered this winter helped. That is some strong stuff and I could feel it drawing and could never use it as many days as they said. Wonder if it didn't pull that infection to the top. Time will tell.

Right now I am exhausted and my pain is minimal. Doc told me if I didn't have bad pain after the laser I would be his first patient to not take their narcotics. So far I had 2 tylenol 500 mgm (I take one at a time) last night and one today. It doesn't hurt to talk or eat but can't eat rough foods. I am heading out to the couch now. I want to thank you for all the well wishes and prayers from you folks. This site is great for "socialization" as most of us are able to share things with so few people due to our inability to hang out with the crowd like we used to. Many thanks. Hugs to all. Irish ;D

Carebear

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 07:37:35 AM »
Thanks for letting us know how you are, Irish.  I must say that you are one tough cookie.  ;)  I hope this surgery marks the end to all the infections.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Chickpea

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 07:41:42 AM »
That's great news Irish!  I saw you were on the site and couldn't believe my eyes.  As you say, these new anaesthetics can be so finely adjusted that side effects are minimal.  Let's hope that the laser did its work.

Enjoy your rest and lots more ice cream.

Take care - Chickpea

Cricket

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 08:10:38 AM »
Great news Irish!  Just take it easy and hope you heal quickly, you remain in my prayers
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

genko_b

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 08:29:49 AM »
Here's hoping that it worked. You will be eating "rough foods" soon enough - sounds dangerous! Thanks for checking back in with us so fast. My first thought this morning was to come here and see how you were doing.

Take care,

Genko

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »
I am glad you came through okay!
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

meow

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 09:35:54 AM »
Glad to see you are on the road to recovery :)
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »
Irish - wow . . . they didn't waste any time getting you in and out, once they were ready for you.   :o  Good news that you didn't have to spend the night in the hospital.   :D

I'm glad the doctor found something that you had suspected all along.  Hopefully, his magic laser did the trick and you will be on the road to recovery from all those nasty infections.

You'll feel like a new woman!!   ;D 

You've been through so much in recent years . . . it's time for you to catch a break.  I hope this surgery is a piece to the puzzle to help you feel better.

Take care and rest up.  I would lay off the "rough food" and stick with ice cream.    ;)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Katybarstool

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »
Welcome back Irish. You must be so relieved that that is over. Wishing you a very uneventful recovery.

Kathyx

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 02:11:03 PM »
Yay Irish,

If this doesn't do the entire job, you've made a great start and are on the right track.

Have a relaxing recovery.

And KEEP us posted.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

gsmraxe

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »
Glad to hear it went well and smoothly!  Feel better soon!