Author Topic: Ears  (Read 811 times)

dry2010

Ears
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »
Does anyone have a clogged feeling in their ears related to sjogrens? I am not congested but my gp suggested it could be related to sjogrens....

Dry2010
Diagnosed SJS March 2010, Gerd, Plaquenil & Generic Evoxac, Vit d, ACV for GERD, Welbutrin,Flonase and Lotemax.

One and only

Re: Ears
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
My earsconstantly feel clogged,,ENTtold me my eustachians are clogged from teh thick mucos, yesterday they were wet in teh canal,

jade

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 09:33:21 AM »
hello there.  did you get any remedies for this issue?  this is one of my new symptoms (along with being short of breath.. i sometimes grasp for air like i can't get enough of it).  i think it's mucus too.  i feel it in my sinuses.  and i've heard that our mucus is not like a normal person mucus.  it's very thick and it doesn't have that bacteria/virus fighting properties that it normaly has in a normal person.  maybe it has but not as much?  shish.  weird stuff i tell you :) 
i will do more searches and see if there is another thread about this

warmwaters

• Never, never, neverĀ  quit - Winston Churchill
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »
Yes, but for me it's a problem I've had most of my life. Often a sense that it's all clogged up, or that if I can just swallow right, it will "pop". I also get ear infections a lot.

Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, flomax, various inhalers
Bonus vitamins:  D,B1, B6, B12, Calcium

Doxie

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 05:21:47 AM »
My ears are very dry and itchy. They peel a lot.  The ear wax gets very dry and hard, so I assume the ears can clog easily with Sjogrens. My e- tubes also get very clogged from time to time pretty much sinus related.

If only people realized how much Sjs really does affect us, and how many body parts drive us crazy due to Sjogrens!
Primary Sjogrens, IC, stenosis, facet and DDD, arthritis in other joints, THR, diabetes, neuropathy, SIBO, hypertension, sleep apnea, and other challenges

Lots of meds and I have two cute dachshunds that provide the best therapy!