Author Topic: Ionized water  (Read 1641 times)

Jellyb

Ionized water
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
Anyone know anything about ionized alkaline water? With my new diagnosis of sjogrens I decided to see a naturopath /nurse practitioner to get some help with nutrition and supplements. She recommended drinking ionized water to make my body more alkaline and wanted me to buy this water machine thing. Is this forvreal or just snake oil?
Primary sjogrens, Raynauds.
Magnesium, vitamin C, tumeric, low dose estrogen.

Multiple chemical and food allergies
Gluten free

Nancy60

Re: Ionized water
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
I am always skeptical especially if they want me to buy something through them (they make $$ off of my buying the products).  I really don't know anything about ionized water though, hopefully someone will come along that can tell you more.

Nancy

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Female-72-CVID-pSJS-IC-Periph.Neuro.-CAD-Osteoarthritis-Auto.Neuro-SFN-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's Blepharitis,Meniere's/Deafness-GERD-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Neurontin,Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Cymbalta-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-Turmeric-Aleve-D3-Omega3

Jellyb

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
Thanks  Elaine!

Gluten free

Jellyb

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
Also, I just have to say that it is really nice to have this wonderful network of people that are able to share information with. And it is so sad that there are companies making money preying on people just looking for help.

Gluten free

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »
A friend with fibro made his own generator and swore  by it for about three months. He was very toxic. I do not think that you need to purchase one. A good water filter will take most of the poisons out (Floride and Chlorine). I use a Brita because it is cheep. Letting water sit for 24 hours will allow most of the Chlorine to evaporate out. Some people swear by distilled water.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Jellyb

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:35:31 AM »
Thanks Joe, I was wondering about the brita filters, I am going to invest in that today I think. It is more in my budget also.

Gluten free

Nancy60

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
I use a Brita filter too, I didn't realize how bad my water tasted until I started using one.  I like filtered water better than bottled water, cheaper and better for the environment too!

Nancy

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »
Our refrigerator water source has a filter on it!   Love it.

Always remember that the plural of anecdote (my aunt was cured by standing on her head) is NOT data.

Also remember how powerful the placebo effect is.  (my aunt was cured by eating sardines)

And finally remember that Post hoc is NOT propter hoc.   (what happens AFTER something isn't always BECAUSE of that something). (my aunt forwarded a chain good luck email, and then she was cured).

All that said, do what makes you happy, as long as it's not illegal, or if it is illegal (and some marvelous stuff has been illegal in our time) don't get caught.

Keep us posted.

Hugs

Elaine
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:45:50 PM by Carolina »
Female-72-CVID-pSJS-IC-Periph.Neuro.-CAD-Osteoarthritis-Auto.Neuro-SFN-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's Blepharitis,Meniere's/Deafness-GERD-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Neurontin,Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Cymbalta-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-Turmeric-Aleve-D3-Omega3

Jellyb

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »
Thanks Elaine, you are great!

Gluten free