Author Topic: Bursitis elbow-leaking bloody fluid now?  (Read 2506 times)

gurs

Bursitis elbow-leaking bloody fluid now?
« on: March 23, 2011, 05:17:09 AM »
I have bursitis in my elbow, and it swells and hurts from time to time. But, yesterday, it started leaking bloody fluid out of it? it has a constant sore on
the end of it so I guess it came through there?? anyone have this before? the bursa sac must have opened up then right?
dont think the docs can do much? wonder if they can analyze the fluid to see whats going on? Dont think there is any infection..doesnt really hurt anymore
since the fluid is draining..but not sure about the blood?

Gursie
50 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
Re: Bursitis elbow-leaking bloody fluid now?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 06:13:43 AM »
Gurs, When you are leaking fluid from places that are not supposed to, it is a good time to see a doctor. If this is from an INFECTION, get it taken care of and documented on you medical file.

I fell and hurt my elbow last year. It hurt for over a year. The Dr did not want to do anything. I was having a flair that kept getting worse with "no reason". I went in for dental work. I got a course of Antibiotics that slowed the flair and my elbow started to feel better. After a second course of AB the flair ended and the elbow pain was gone.

Now I zap when infections start coming on. It makes a big difference to catch them early and get them taken care of. I think that you need more than a topical AB and a band-aid.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:53:39 PM »
If you are leaking fluid from an elbow there is something serious going on. Elbows are not supposed to leak. It sound like you have an infection and the reason it isn't hurting as much is because the pressure is gone since it leaked.

What bothers me is why it leaked. This needs to be assessed and probably cultured. If it didn't have infection before it sure as heck may get infection now that the skin has opened up. Irish ;D

gurs

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:21:24 AM »
I did some research and found that this can be common when the bursa sac ruptures......I did leave a message for my rheumy though, guessing i need to see
an orthapedic doc?  dont think there is any infection, and I cant risk antibiotics....I have severe systemic yeast ,and am not going to risk going into the hosptial
again...I guess if they can do a culture and confirm bacteria, then I would have no choice..

thanks guys!

Gursie
50 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 08:16:40 AM »
What are you doing for the yeast?  Knowing that you have researched the typical solutions, have you checked out alternatives yet? While I do not have a lot on my website, the CAFL list and Clark lists have direct treatment frequencies. There are also the ancient therapies and homeopathic therapies that can be reviewed.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism