Author Topic: Foal might be born 2day, live cam  (Read 139321 times)

olmphoto2

Re: Foal might be born 2day, live cam
« Reply #750 on: June 24, 2011, 04:28:22 PM »
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." 
          Ludwig Wittgenstein

olmphoto2

« Reply #751 on: June 24, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." 
          Ludwig Wittgenstein

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #752 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:22 PM »
I haven't been following any of the other posted links to births, but I did read on another forum that the baby at Asstec was stillborn.   :(  The cord was wrapped around it several times.  The owners even try resuscitating the baby with no luck.

The momma is doing okay.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

olmphoto2

« Reply #753 on: June 25, 2011, 06:30:48 AM »
Thank you Bucky for posting the update...yes, some sad news from ASStec.  :'(  :'(  :'(  At least mama is OK and they know that there was nothing that could have been done.

Kay writes this morning:

Cam will be down today while I catch up on work. Going to try to make a new annie video when shes out today

Mary Ann in Wisconsin

Ludwig Wittgenstein

olmphoto2

« Reply #754 on: June 26, 2011, 04:52:10 AM »
Hi all...just a quick word that I may not be posting much this week.  My DMIL died yesterday, surrounded by all her loved ones.

Barn alarm is here:
http://www.marestare.com/barnalarm/

Annie and Tease are here:  ;)
http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php/alias=baxterspainted

Carry on, one and all! :)
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #755 on: June 26, 2011, 05:11:05 AM »
Mary Ann,

My condolences on the passing of your DMIL. 

With the flurry of activity of making arrangements, services, etc. please remember to take care of yourself too.

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Nancy60

« Reply #756 on: June 26, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »
Mary Ann,

I am so sorry about your MIL's passing.  Please take care of  yourself during this time.

Nancy

Nancy60

« Reply #757 on: June 26, 2011, 07:28:01 AM »
Well, I finally got my cable/internet working!  It only stayed on about an hour on thursday night, then lost it again.  They couldn't get someone out here until this morning (at least they have workers on Sundays!) so I had a date with the cable guy at 8 am this morning!!  He got it working though, had a bad splitter (whatever that is).  Now I am playing catch up.

Checked on Tease and Annie, but cam is down.

Nancy

Carebear

« Reply #758 on: June 26, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »
Mary Ann,

I am sorry to hear the news about your MIL.  You and your family are in my thoughts.  Please take care of yourself.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

amk922

« Reply #759 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »

Carebear

« Reply #760 on: June 29, 2011, 07:09:55 AM »
Kay's computer malfunctioned a few days ago, that's why the cam hasn't been working.  She did have it on last night.  It was so nice to see Annie and Tease!

The cam won't be running through the day but we can watch our girls in the evening once they return to the barn.  Kay says that Annie continues to do well, and she is growing up fast.  ;D  Good news from Baxter's Painted Pasture.  ;)
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #761 on: June 29, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »
I wonder if eventually they will turn the cam off until next foaling season?  Isn't that the whole purpose of the cams - for people to help the owners "watch" to see if anything unusual is happening when the owners aren't around - to alert them?

I'm glad Little Annie is fever-free now.  I bet she's growing like a weed!

I'm sure both Annie and Tease are happy to be outside instead of in the confines of that small stall for so long.  (I'm "assuming" they are outside - when weather permits.  It seems like weekly Kay is reporting that it's raining or storming.   ::))

Thanks Baxters Painted Pasture for sharing the horse adventures this spring/summer with us while we watched Patches, Star and Tease deliver their youngins.   ;D  You have some awesome, caring friends in Sally and Dr. Muese.

Thanks Mary Ann for introducing us to Mare Stare . . . although, my family would think otherwise!!   ;)  I admit, I will probably let the "watching" slide now until next foaling season so I can get some stuff done.  But, it was fun the last several months.

Bucky

olmphoto2

« Reply #762 on: June 30, 2011, 07:38:34 AM »
Good morning all.

I'm sorry that it's been difficult for me to check in the last few days.  Mike's sister had her life revolve entirely around my DMIL and is taking this very hard. 

In addition, my Mother is now in the hospital for an abcessed tooth that moved very quickly into facial cellulitis Monday night and is now on the strongest IV antibiotics to prevent this from effecting her airway or going into necrotizing faciitits (the so-called "flesh eating" disease).  My father had that ten years ago. He died June 5, 2001.

We are so stressed, sleep deprived and just not thinking well.  Sis spent time with Mom Tuesday and was there for the incision and drainage that afternoon.  Other than that, she's out of the picture, is now up north with a phone that won't even accept messages. I couldn't get ahold of her Monday night, home or cell, though she knew Mom had a problem, dentist had put Mom on antibiotics AND that a few years ago Mom had to go to the ER and back for repeated courses of IV antibiotics for a similar situation.

If things go well for Mom, she'll be released tomorrow---the day of DMIL visitation and with heat indices over 100.   We have no air conditioning in our car.  I usually don't go out in our car if the heat is near 75 degrees related to my Sjogrens with my not sweating properly to permit cooling. Saturday is Fran's funeral, an all day involvement.  And, of course (what else?), we learned that our county has completely reworked and severely limited the availability of wheelchair van service as of tomorrow.

OK, off the pity potty now!

Thank you all for your words of condolence and support. I am trying to pull back and pace myself as well as possible. Please pray that I can get though the next few days still functioning OK.  My breathing is a bit more labored this week.  My legs have been swelling and have lots of blotchy white spots.  I'll take that over the red spots of vasculitis wich I have had 3 or 4 times in the past.  I'm just so hoping this is not a prelude to another round of vasculitis. I haven't had one since I've been taking Plaquenil (and pilocarpine).  If another round appears, I suspect they'd be pretty aggressive in treating it and determining what internal organs might be effected.

Annie and Tease, I need 'ya now!  :D  Cam's been off quite a bit for various reasons.  Kay wants to take more video but needs new a battery to accomplish that.

Here's a lovely article about our Annie and family:
http://www.oneworldonekindness.com/ailing-newborn-filly-creates-a-blessing-for-people-around-the-world.html

Kay may move the cam (have Kyle do that) out to cover the pasture at some point.  But it is much harder to maintain an outdoor cam and not all stall cams are up to a job like that.

Marestaring is most especially for foaling time though a few farms have the the cams on year round.  Mares typically foal at 320 to 370 days---not to mention pre-term deliveries or past dues! (Yikes, ladies! :o)  And horses are one of the few animals (only animal?) that can stop labor if they are not left alone. And left alone, things can and often do go wrong, sometimes tragically.  What a blessing the cams and the internet viewing have been for the owners!

Well here's hoping Mom's doc or nurse will call with more info than the RN knew at my first call today.  Tic-tock, Tic-tock.

Nothing on Barn Alarn right now but link is here:
http://www.marestare.com/barnalarm/

Here's the Marestare page I usually find most helpful:
http://latigo.marestare.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0
I see from there that a little colt was born at Golden Venture Farm in the wee hours today:
http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=gvf2

Carry on one and all and thanks again! :D

Mary Ann in Wisconsin

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #763 on: June 30, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »
((Mary Ann)) - my goodness, your plate runneth over!!  Sorry to hear about the ordeal with your mother.  Maybe, it would be a good thing if they didn't release her tomorrow.  At least she would be in a place where they could look after her and tend to her needs while you are at your DMIL's visitation. 

We, too, are suppose to be in the high temperatures tomorrow.  Ugh!  Wow, I can't imagine NOT having air conditioning in your car in temperatures like that!!   :o

Thinking of you and your family as you say your goodbye's to your DMIL and she goes to her final resting place.  May you have the comfort and strength to make it through this weekend.

Take care of yourself, as best you can.
Hugs,
Bucky

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #764 on: June 30, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »
I was just checking on Annie before signing off for the night and Tease is laying down and Annie was going around and around her - trying to get her to lay all the way down so she could get a drink at the milk bar.  Finally, Tease laid on her side so Annie could get a drink.

Annie is so tall now, it was a little awkward for her to get a comfortable position to nurse from.

Annie is laying down now.  Ewwww . . . a spider just crawled across the camera.  Looks real creepy from that angle!   :o

Sweet dreams Tease and Annie.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just curious if anybody knows about sleep patterns with horses?  Do they ever sleep for hours on end - or are they up and down, up and down all night long?  Do they leave a light on in the barn all night for the horses or are the other stalls "dark"?

Okay - time for me to go to bed too.  Thankful I have a soft, comfy bed and don't have to sleep in a stall!  Goodnight Tease and Annie.

Bucky