Author Topic: Foal might be born 2day, live cam  (Read 136901 times)

olmphoto2

Foal might be born 2day, live cam
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »
Isn't it nice to have opportunities to get out of our own heads, focus a little on spring and new life sometimes?

Here's the link! :)

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php/alias=baxterspainted
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." 
          Ludwig Wittgenstein

Daisy1234

Re: Foal might be born 2day, live cam
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
Thank you for posting this link Olmphoto.  I checked it out and was watching the beautiful mare standing in her birthing stall.  I will be checking back regularly now to see if the new arrival shows up soon  :)

Daisy

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »
That is so cool.  I watched Patches for 17 minutes.  At first, she had her backside right up to the side of the barn.  Stayed there for a bit and then she started walking around the stall.  She turned with her backside to the cam and her tail went up and I thought . . . oh wow, we get to see an actual birth of her foal.  Nope . . she just needed to relieve herself.  LOL

Come on Patches . . . . have your little baby.

Best wishes to all.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

CAT1962

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 01:44:55 PM »
Awww! Precious! She is still pregnant,. though! C'mon, baby! :D

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »
Still waiting . . . .  ;)

Another time today while I was watching the live cam I saw a lady come into the stall and brush Patches.  Gotta look pretty if you're gonna have a baby and be on camera!   ;D  The lady looked at the camera and waved . . . was that you?

I saw the person either record information, text or something - then tried to check on Patches and Patches didn't want any part of it. 

Patches has been eating quite a bit today - is that normal, or it that what they do as they get near time to give birth?  I know nothing about horses (can you tell?).  LOL

Several of my nieces are big horse lovers - have a huge barn, etc.  In fact, one of their horses had a foal just within the last few days too. 

Is someone monitoring the web cam from inside all day/night - or just want to be able to see what time the foal arrives and how Patches is doing?

Hope your new arrival comes soon.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

CAT1962

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
Okay..she is backed up to the wall right now, standing kind of "funny"...is it time?? LOL..waiting.....

lynnmarie219

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 07:28:28 PM »
Very cool to see....thanks for posting....I'll be checking in regularly to see her progress! Isn't modern technology amazing!!

Carebear

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
Thank you for posting this link.  I've watched Patches a few times today.

Right now she's looking pretty uncomfortable so it should be any time now! ;D ;D
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »
Patches still hasn't had her foal yet . . . . she's eating again.   ;)  I've watched her on and off throughout the day.  Someone came in and tidied her stall up again and gave her some more hay while I was off playing some games. 

There were several times late this evening that I thought it might be time as she was squirming around and shifting her weight back and forth and lifting her tail . . but, nope.

Can this possibly go on for a few more days?  If you guys are holding a 24-hr. vigil, I feel sorry for you guys.  I'm heading to bed, but I'll check back when I get up to see if "we" have a new foal.   ;D

Come on Patches . . . you can do it girl.

Bucky

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 07:35:13 AM »
Yoohoo . . . . Patches . . . . where are you?  There's an empty stall this morning with no Patches or baby in sight.   :(  Hope everything is alright.  At 1:00 a.m. (Eastern time), Patches was still in her stall chomping away on some hay.

Bucky

Nancy60

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 02:28:56 PM »
I've been following Patches too!  Checked first thing this morning and now as soon as I got home from work.  All I can see right now is a hoof and a little bit of her tail.  Come on baby!  Reminds me of growing up, my grandparents raised Shetland ponies and some horses and we would spend the summers and spring break helping, riding and playing with the ponies.....  Happy memories!

Nancy

sis

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »
So cool!

thanks for sharing.

My dd rides and just loves horses.

We will so enjoy the live cam.

Hope all goes well!

Nancy60

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »
Patches is lying down in her stall.  Is something going to happen soon?  I hope she is OK!

Nancy

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »
I just checked on Patches . . . . at 11:22 p.m. Ohio time, Patches is moving around her stall eating.  That foal inside sure makes her hungry!!

Hmmmm . . . . wonder if the little one will be born sometime overnight?  I'll check in the morning to see how Patches is doing.  Rest up Patches - being a Momma is a full-time job.  ;)

Bucky

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
It's 1:30 a.m. Ohio time and I've been watching Patches for the past 15 minutes.  She seems to be very uncomfortable - she keeps shifting her weight and taking turns bending her back legs, then shifting her weight.  She'll also turn her head, looking backwards.

Hmmmm . . . . will her foal be born soon?!?  I guess time will tell.

Watching her just makes me want to go over and stroke her neck and tell her it will be alright.

I really need to go to bed, but I don't want to miss it if she delivers soon.  Of course, who knows, I might stay up all night waiting for that magic time.   ::)

Come on Patches . . . . deliver your baby.

Bucky