Author Topic: Woke up this a.m. with something new!! Sheesh, how do I know what's related??  (Read 2316 times)

stickgal

Woke up this a.m. with a red, hot swollen area on my cheek right beside my mouth. I have had a small mole there (white) for years and noticed yesterday it looked twice as big as the day before, and now it looks like a have a giant swollen pimple on my face only it doesn't look exactly like one. any thoughts?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
I would recommend that you go in tomorrow and have the doctor look at it. They recommend that changes like this be seen ASAP.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

stickgal

yeah, I know I'm going to have to...was just wondering if it could be related to autoimmune issues.

Dolly Dimples

Stickgirl, I woulden't be at all surprised if this had something to do with your Immune system. 
        This SS can throw just about anything at a body!!

Neverthertheless, you need to check it out first ........  pronto!
                         Please let us know the diaganosis .    We all have these  "What is it"? scares at sometime or another,
                                              Best wishes Dolly

irish

• Global Moderator
It sure could be from the autoimmune issues, however, it could also be from some sort of bug bite. Often a spider can bite during the night and cause local redness and swelling. Time will tell. It is always good to have something like this checked out as it could also end up being infected also. Good luck. Irish ;D

stickgal

So,  per usual saw the Nurse Practitioner and her answer was "I dunno", could be related to autoimmune, could be infection, not sure....blah, blah. And the topper? When I told her I needed a referral from her (my primary) to get the lip biopsy done, she started writing it and then said, uh I don't really know how to spell Sjogren's...really? Could I just catch a freakin break??

Really opened my eyes. None of these health care providers know as much as I've learned on here and on web sites dedicated to Sjogren's. My rheumatologist said she wasn't aware of a connection between autoimmune issues and vitamin D deficiency; yet, almost every web site I looked at said there was. So, my decision now is that I am going to control my own care. I will handle these little issues like skin eruptions, etc. unless it gets to the point I have to have antibiotic or some other treatment I can't do at home. Additionally, they will provide the care I ask for...after all, we are the customer and they ain't doin this for free are they? Grrrrr...tired of the I don't knows and maybes.

DragonflyC

Sickgal,

I am a big fan of controlling my own healthcare, or at least being a partner. That said, if you have a problem, it's worth going in just in case. If your GP says, "Maybe autoimmune" about anything, make a follow up appointment with your rheum to be sure (they can fit people in for this type of thing even though it takes forever to get in for regular appointments). A few months ago, I had a blocked gland. My GP told me to suck on sugarfree lemon drops, but I called my rheum to be sure. He fit me right in and gave me a Medrol pack which cleared things up quickly.

You definitely have the right attitude about making sure that you are cared for properly. I don't know what your doctor options are, but it would be great if you could find some who let you work with them.  I have a brilliant GP and an amazing rheum, but they know that they aren't gods. Both cc me on my lab reports, and they know that I'll come in with a pretty good understanding of what they mean and what I think the course of action will be.  I don't usually have to assert myself, as they are on the same page I am most of the time, but they listen on the rare occasions that I do.  If you could find doctors willing to have a partnership like that with you, or if you can ease your current doctors into that type of relationship, it could make a big difference in your health.

Best wishes,
C.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 06:21:54 AM by DragonflyC »

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
stickgal, start looking at the signatures, research the meds and supplements. Find what will work for you. There are a number of alternatives that you can look at also. I have some on my website. Look at homeopathy, Raw juice, Reiki, Reflexology. These are things that you can do  yourself. You can take control of your health care.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism