Author Topic: New symptom: Tongue tingling?(+mouth/lips)  (Read 7869 times)

Shani

New symptom: Tongue tingling?(+mouth/lips)
« on: February 07, 2011, 04:27:09 AM »
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well today.

I recently developed a new symptom.
First it started with mouth tingling which I have called my Neurologist about and she said Neuropathy can also be present in the facial area.

She told me to leave it a bit for now and see how it goes, call if there are any changes as in more symptoms appearing.

Well, since today/yesterday my tongue has started tingling too.
I don't have any allergies and it's really a tingling sensation.
Haven't eaten any spicy food because then I know my tongue woudl burn.

But this is really tingling and it's constant+my mouth aswell as I have mentioned before in my post.
Looks like it has spread out to my tongue.

Has anyone had this symptoms occur aswell?
Thank you for your helpalready. :-*

LizPetillo

Re: New symptom: Tongue tingling?(+mouth/lips)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:42:36 AM »
Tongue tingling was my FIRST symptom. 
Then the face started up .. tickling tingling kind of thing.
Then, about a year after my tongue started tingling off and on ... my speech became slurred.
SInce being on plaquinel it hasn't been tingling or slurring much at all.
But now I have neuropathy in both arms and legs.
That started 1 year after the tongue tingling.

Tingling tongue can be MS.  I just got checked for it.  But they saw no MS lesions.
I have a neurologist appt in a few weeks to discuss the results of my tests. 
Will let you know what they say.

Anyways .. YES .. tongue tingling came before the dry mouth or anything else with me.

Shani

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:08:09 AM »
Thank you so much Liz.

My mom has mentioned to the Neuro as she needed to go there for herself this time.

She wants me to get an Mri done again of my head on the 17th of March just to be sure.
And on the 18th I go see her for results.

I somehow hope something will show up that atleast explains these symptoms...
Then yet I know tingling of mouth etc can be signs of MS.
Lupus and Ms often go along together.

But I'd rather have a cause of these symptoms.
She said it often aswell can be due to hyperventilation but when I hyperventilate (which I haven't in a while)-
I only get short in breath etc, never tingling sensations+These sensations are constant.

We'll see I guess, although probably the Mri will come back normal.
It has been a year and last year it was normal but I know a lot can change in only a year time.

SueAnn

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 03:56:26 PM »
Shani,

I have tingling and numbness in my mouth/lips/tongue as well and I have my first neuro appointment this Thursday.  I don't know what to expect of if this guy even knows about Sjogrens, but I hope he is willing to learn and work with me.

SueAnn   

Sjs
Cellcept, Plaquenil, Evoxac, Prednisone, Restasis, and Tramadol.
Vit B complex, calcium, Vit D3
Female - 50ish

CAT1962

• JER. 33:3
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:39:03 PM »
For some time my lip has been tingling, numb-like. It comes and goes, and my tongue has started to feel numb a lot. I also have some strange "tickling" sensation on the same place on my cheek pretty frequently. I always think I have bug crawling on my face, or a hair brushing my cheek. I don't know if it's related to SjS or not. I haven't asked the Rheumy or Neuro guy. When I ask them questions like this they just smirk at me.
Primary SjS, hair loss, achy joints/muscles, dry skin/eyes/nose/mouth/EHEM, Low Vit D, low potass., high CRP, Asthma (Albuterol), CFS, Fibro, RA, thyroid nodules,PN..MED: singulair, cal-mag-zinc, Ibuprohen, NO steroids, NO Plaquenil.

Shani

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 10:20:23 PM »
Thank you SueAnn and CAT.
Good luck at your appointment, make sure to let me know what the Neuro has said about it.

Aswell CAT, yes the sensations are very uncomfortable and quite annoying.
I really hope it'll show something that can explain this or else I'll be discussing Neuropathy etc with my Neuro.

eyeamdry

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »
Yes, I have all of them.  Lyrica helps a bit.  It's expensive and doesn't last long, but does work for me.  Then it does come back.  When I've taken the meds on time I do not think of my lips/mouth numbness.  Lucy

Shani

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 07:20:40 AM »
Thank you Lucy. :-*

Atleast I am glad there are meds to treat it.
Gives me a little more hope.

Sha

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 08:25:36 AM »
Hi shani, my dear girl! :-*

I know there are a couple of links on my link page talking about burning tongue syndrome, which can be caused by AI diseases or thrush, etc.

I had it after a case of thrush and it lasted for a couple of months, then stuff started tasting right again.

emommy :-* :-* :-* hoping the kisses land gently on your forehead! :-* :-* :-*

One and only

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
I can count on one hand the parts of my body that dont feel numb,, or tingle,, my wife woke me last night telling me to stop lifting my legs and dropping them ,, actually I wasent aware I was doing it,, i told her hon,, its just more of my nervous system going south,, legs and arms just do what they want,,

kdub901

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 10:25:23 AM »
I get the tongue tingles too! I just got diagnosed last week, and this was my first symptom. It drives me crazy! It usually comes in spurts, will tingle for a few days and just go away. Very odd feeling!

One and only

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
I get the tongue tingles too! I just got diagnosed last week, and this was my first symptom. It drives me crazy! It usually comes in spurts, will tingle for a few days and just go away. Very odd feeling!
I hope it just stays that way,, mine went to the side of my face,, TMJ?,,, its not bells palsy,, heck my whole mouth goes numb,,