Author Topic: Peeling skin from tip of fingers and this hurts  (Read 4596 times)

dainbramage

Peeling skin from tip of fingers and this hurts
« on: January 31, 2011, 09:40:08 PM »
My cuticles and around my first knuckle are peeling and they are swollen and hurt so bad. I work with my hands and fingertips and this is bad on me. Even typing on the computer is painful. Washing my hands hurts too. I can't wash my hair. I can't even grow nails without them splitting and ripping off. My jawline is hurting and my eyes are itching. Must be another flare, but I just go thru one not to long ago.
I am really whining right now..Also, my mother has started asking about my symptoms, She is wondering if she has what I have.
44 with SJS, IBSc, migraines, brain fog and fibro. Dry skin, burning tongue, dry mouth, swollen glands, dry female area, numb toes, tingling fingers. On plaquenil, pilocarpine, cymbalta, zyrtec, provigil, vit D, mag, Amitiza for IBS, treximet for migraines.
I Live For Chocolate

newhorizons

Re: Peeling skin from tip of fingers and this hurts
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »
Try getting a bottle of liquid vitamin E at Walmart in vitamin section and some plastic gloves.

I apply E to hands and lower wrists and rub in well. Then, put on gloves sleep with them on all night...  works wonders for my cuticle, nails and hands.  Sure helps the thumb stiffness from Osteoarthritis in them.

Cheapie, too!!!! ;D

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:32:26 PM »
I had blisters and dead/numb spots on my hands. I was told that it was an RA flair. I had to be careful not to pull too much dead skin off at a time or they really hurt.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

season

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »
this time of year the tips of my fingers tend to crack open and get really sore and painful. I put neosporin and bandaids on them at night and they are better in the morning. Also in the drugstore you can buy just the fingertips (like the latex gloves) that cover the tips of your fingers. I put neosporin on the tips of my fingers and then slide these tips over my fingers. This really helps.

dainbramage

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 07:58:35 AM »
I did not think about RA...not another syndrome :'(
But I will go to the pharmacy and pick up this stuff. My hands hurt so bad I don't know if I can do my job :'(
44 with SJS, IBSc, migraines, brain fog and fibro. Dry skin, burning tongue, dry mouth, swollen glands, dry female area, numb toes, tingling fingers. On plaquenil, pilocarpine, cymbalta, zyrtec, provigil, vit D, mag, Amitiza for IBS, treximet for migraines.
I Live For Chocolate

dainbramage

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 01:48:06 PM »
My fingertips hurt so bad and very hot and red. And they are so numb. Now my eye is swelling. So is this part of SJS?
I Live For Chocolate

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »
You might do well to see your urgent care doctor.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Katybarstool

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »
Hi

I had splitting finger ends and down the sides of my nails a couple of weeks ago. They were intensly sore. The rheumy thought it was a combination of a Raynaud's flare and very dry skin. I got a higher dose of nifedepine, which has helped a lot, as has the aqueous cream I'm using most days.

Kathyx

mews

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 08:05:38 PM »
The tip with the neosporin and bandaids from season works great, it really helps to heal them once they split and bleed... I could put cream on my hands a thousand times a day, and five minutes later they are all dried up and burning. I have no cuticles either they just peel away, I get hand soap with hand cream built in and that helps a bit!

The weird part is my nails are getting flat and have ridges in them, who knows what that means, next Dr I see I will ask.

Feel Well
Mary

dainbramage

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 08:12:18 PM »
I thought about raynaud's but my fingers don't white out, they are red and hot and inflammed.  There are no sores just swollen and painful.
I Live For Chocolate

irish

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:54:14 PM »
You sound just miserable and it sounds like you would benefit from a doctors visit. I have had some issues with my fingers but never like this. It is possible that it is another "syndrome" that needs special attention.

Also, when I do get those little cracks I have learned to wear the gloves to do the dishes and I will cut off a small piece of white Johnsons tape and place it over and around the area that is cracked. This is just enough to help protect the area from every bump. At night I will use any cream I can find that contains beeswax as this really seems to pull the inflammation out of these cracks and helps them heal. I put a small amount on and then some tape over to protect the tips of my fingers.

I hope that you can get some help. I am concerned that you will end up getting infection in those open sores. Let us know what you find out. Irish ;D

mews

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 07:02:56 AM »
dainbramage I understand that your fingers do not have to turn white to have Raynaud's, the Dr believes I have it because he watched my feet turn ice cold and then a lovely purple- blue, but never white, do your hands or fingers ever get icy cold or turn blue?

That's a great idea Irish has with the gloves.. and always with the cream!!

Feel better
Mary

dainbramage

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »
I finally got my rheumy and I have an appointment Friday. She told me to take pictures in case they go away before then. They are still swollen and hot and like I said before, my livelyhood is my fingertips :'(  I made sure I let them know that. It almost looks like I am missing my fingerprints. ???
I Live For Chocolate

dainbramage

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 08:52:20 PM »
My rheumy thinks it is raynauds eventhough my fingertips are red, swollen, painful, numb and hot. My fingers did turn a light purple bluish in front of her. She wanted to start me on Procardia, but I have extremely low blood pressure. So I have nitro cream and lidocaine cream for my fingertips. My fingertips are peeling and are cracking open.  This scares me because my fingers are my livelyhood.  I told my husband and I guess one of the RNs that he works with is having the samething. I noticed when the swelling goes down, my fingers get wrinklely like being in the water too long. I guess more and more things can go wrong, WOW.
She wants me to go to my ENT for my burning tongue, swollen lymphnodes and swollen parotid glands. more WOW
I Live For Chocolate