Author Topic: A Good Story  (Read 3135 times)

Dry1000

A Good Story
« on: January 31, 2011, 06:47:31 AM »
Hey everyone

So I've had terrible dryness for about 2yrs and all my tests say nothing is wrong. About 4 months ago my rheumy finally said lets try plaquinel and today I can honestly say I FEEL MUCH BETTER!, saliva has greatly improved, energy is good, life is enjoyable again and I attribute all this good feeling to the plaquinel. If anyone is out there who feels like crap and has yet to go on it, give it a try it has worked wonders for me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:59:57 AM by Dry1000 »

Bonnie

Re: A Good Story
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:49:33 AM »
Congratulations dry

seren

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:49:15 PM »
I am so glad for you DRY, you must feel like you have your life back!... my dryness is getting much worse especially at night and the fatigue can debilitating at times, even when it isnt, I am always tired!

My Rheumatologist dischgarched me and he said he thought I would 'do well' with the SjS.  What an idiot, I am not as bad as some, but this condition is awful and progressive, he is retired now...good job I say  ;D

Did you ever have a lip biopsy??

Take Care
Paula

Dry1000

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 01:41:31 PM »
Did you ever have a lip biopsy??

Take Care
Paula

Hey Paula
      Twice!!! and both times it came back showing nothing, all my blood work is normal. I just had the crazy dryness and chronic sinus infections. The plaquinel has really done the trick. Are you taking plaquinel?

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »
  Dry that's great news , I can well imagine how much better life will be for you now.
                  I have had dry issues for a long time, but here in the UK these drugs are not so easily given us by Doctors,
                   so we just learn to go on and deal with all the discomfort,  well done you,    Dolly

SEREN-- I see you are in the UK too,    have you ever been offered anything for your dryness ,
              I only get eye drops,   eye gel for night,  and Oralbalnce for the mouth at night..My nose, my skin is also dry, and the personal area too.
                                The docs are nice & quite sympathetic , but very reluctant..
                                                        Dolly

Dry1000

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 01:46:16 PM »
                  I have had dry issues for a long time, but here in the UK these drugs are not so easily given us by Doctors,
                   so we just learn to go on and deal with all the discomfort,  well done you,    Dolly

SEREN-- I see you are in the UK too,    have you ever been offered anything for your dryness ,
              I only get eye drops,   eye gel for night,  and Oralbalnce for the mouth at night..My nose, my skin is also dry, and the personal area too.
                                The docs are nice & quite sympathetic , but very reluctant..
                                                        Dolly

Dolly

Plaquinel is not available in the UK????What about the generic(Hydroxychloroquine)? I would go back to your docs and ask for a prescription or try getting it from Canada. Good Luck.                                                  

[/quote]

seren

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »
DRY... no I am not taking plaquenil, I think its available here in the UK or at least the generic version is.  DOLLY is right though the Doctors here are very reluctant to prescribe these types of drugs.  I must confess that I would not take any drugs like this at the moment, but am aware there may come a time when I change my mind?

DOLLY, yes I take Biotene toothpaste, mouthwash & oral gel (not fussed on gel, gonna try & get the liquid)  & viscotears & lacrilube... my skin is dry & my nose gets very dry at times & crusty & it has a horrible smell coming from it...sorry to be graphic. Thankfully, I still function fine down below..

Thanks for the interest.. take care both  :)

Meld256

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
Dry1000,

Yes, that is great news. I'm so happy for you!  ;) I am getting ready to embark on the Plaquenil journey myself, as soon as I get the eye exam first. I finally have a prescription.

This is after a year of my rhuemy and former GP telling me I "only" have Fibromyalgia and some unspecifed arthritis and osteopenia. But, yes, I have felt like crap.  :P I've had multiple Candida infections, tooth absesses, partoid gland infections, rampant tooth decay, eye infections/inflammation and lots of fatigue and joint pain in the 6 months and it's progressively getting worse. I finally found a wonderful GP who has prescribed Plaquenil.  My first visit to him he asked why wasn't I being treated for Sjogren's?  I also have no blood tests to prove it.  All I care about is getting some relief from symptoms and pain.

Your news gives me hope. I know it doesn't help everyone, but I am really hoping it helps me, too. I'd like a better quality of life, please.  ;)
Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. We all love hearing success stories!
Blessings,
Melinda

Dry1000

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »
Good Luck Melinda

I hope you have the same results I did.

eyeamdry

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 09:16:23 PM »
Dry, glad you're better.  I take Plaq also, it does nothing for my dryness though.  I just don't know why ppl are afraid of this med.  It seems to help most.

Lucy

Shani

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
I'm so happy to hear that Plaquenil has helped you so much Dry!
Hopefully it will keep getting better. ;D

Stay warm and hope you're ok. :-*

Meld256

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 11:44:31 PM »
Thank you, Dry
I hope so, too!

Lucy, I guess I'm not sure why people are afraid of it. When I first talked to my GP he told me how some people could have some hair loss or headache, etc. I know it's not for everyone, and some have awful side effects.
I told him at this point, if I could get out of bed more mornings and it not take me 30 minutes to do I believe I could handle a few less hairs!  ;)

Have a blessed day,
Melinda