Author Topic: Legs feel so tired and arms are heavy?  (Read 5457 times)

Sandisue

Legs feel so tired and arms are heavy?
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »
Hey All,

I've been on Plaquneil and Cordisone for almost 8 weeks. I go to the Rhemy. this week and I do plan on asking him this, but I wanted to hear what you all thought first.

I am a very active person, and I walk a lot at work, but here lately my legs are so tired and when I have to lift my arms over my head they are so heavy. This is really weird for me and it kinda worries me. Do any of you know about this, can you help?
I have to climb 2 sets of stairs also everynight and it takes almost everything I have to get back up them. I have to stop once I'm at the top just to rest...

Thanks to you all,
Sandisue

tomsmom

Re: Legs feel so tired and arms are heavy?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:26:37 AM »
Sandisue,
I'm not quite sure why, but the same thing happens with me a lot of the time.  I've consulted both my rheumy and neuro, and the best answer offered (by the neuro) is that this feeling is due to bodily fatigue.  You're not sleepy, but your body is dealing with so much inside that it exhausts itself.  I thought it was due to Plaquenil but even off of it, it still happened.  So now I accept the neuro's opinion.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  I always say how much I admire you all who deal with this and can hold down a job.  Good luck to you!
Myasthenia Gravis, Secondary Sjogren's Syndrome, Raynauds, Graves Disease, Hypertension, Hiatal Hernia.

Meds: Toprol XL, Plaquenil, Mestinon, Protonix, Fish Oil, Vitamin D
34 yr old stay at home mommy

dainbramage

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 08:30:05 AM »
I say body fatigue. I have this when I have done too much the day before and I pay for it the next. Arms and Legs drag.  I have a hard time getting up the stairs, walking and any movement.
44 with SJS, IBSc, migraines, brain fog and fibro. Dry skin, burning tongue, dry mouth, swollen glands, dry female area, numb toes, tingling fingers. On plaquenil, pilocarpine, cymbalta, zyrtec, provigil, vit D, mag, Amitiza for IBS, treximet for migraines.
I Live For Chocolate

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:26:40 PM »
In my own experience depression can also cause body fatigue.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

puccini914

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »
Unfortunately, fatigue is one of the common symptoms for most AI diseases.  I'm having a day myself today.  Soooo draggy, everything feels heavy and slightly bruised.  My Rheumy has told me on more ten one occurance that the fatigue with autoimmune diseases is one of the most difficult to symptoms to fight.  I had some improvement on Methotrexate, but when i'm flaring like now, nothing seems to help.  It's just a little reminder to slow down and do as little as possible.  Best of luck and feel better soon.

Peace Be With You.
Jennifer

Sooki

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
I had my first extreme fatigue/brain fog time about a month ago.  It was awesome.  I do freelance work at the computer; it was like pulling teeth.  Even to sit up in my chair was a challenge.  I found that at the end of the first week, I had logged 3 computer hours.  I was totally unable to multitask or to keep 2 things in my mind at once.  I couldn't remember numbers at all. My back was really painful.  Then, 4 days ago I woke up normal.  No pain, lots of energy.  So I went hiking, cleaned the house, finished my work projects and felt good.  Then this morning, back to the slog.  My muscles were stiff after I used them.  Not thinking too well.  The couch beckons.  The only thing different was that I awoke in the night feeling really hot.  Without the covers, my skin got cold but not my body core.  No fever, just hot.  Maybe that's correlated.  Tired of doing correlations with diet, behavior, symptoms, but determined to see if I can find triggers for these episodes and reduce them.
65 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy,
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid,
D3, Ca/Mg, fish oil, ALA, DHEA, biotin, B-12, always GF, DF, S(oy)F, currently Paleo Autoimmune diet