Author Topic: Rash on the eyebrows**  (Read 7498 times)

Bobbie

Rash on the eyebrows**
« on: January 22, 2011, 05:40:13 PM »
Hi everyone:

I saw where Eyedreamy said that no one ever mentioned a rash on or between
the eyebrows.  A new member (forgot her name already....) had mentioned it
and eyedreamy wondered if anyone had that problem

It happened to me too. The dermatologist gave me a topical cream called
Promiseh.  It helps.  The rash is also itch, red and scaly.  It was on both
eyebrows.  Better now.

FYI   **   Bobbie

Graves, Addison's, Sjogren's, Anemic, Migraines, Fibro, Restless Leg, Uveitis, Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis, Peripheral Neuropathy
Vit D Plaquenil Prednisone Florinef Synthroid Restasis Evoxac Iron Supplement Oracea Lexapro Trexamet Topiramate Gabapentin

Meld256

Re: Rash on the eyebrows**
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 02:38:24 AM »
Bobbie,

Thanks for the info.  ;) I've not had this problem myself, (yet anyway) but I'll try to remember the remedy you mention.
Glad it's better.

Take care,
Melinda

Sandisue

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 06:29:06 AM »
Hi Bobbie,

I have a small patch on my right eyebrow, not very big, but just enough to itch and give a slight discoloration to my eyebrow. I was thinking I'd have it checked, because I was also wanting to have several brown spots removed off my face....It's hard growing old....If I'm this bad at 52 I hate to think what's waiting at 62....if I can make it that long...

Thanks,
Sandisue

mews

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 08:07:03 AM »
Bobbie,

I have had a rash on both my eyebrows for probably over a year now. Scaly itchy rash just on my eyebrows, I have no idea what it is, and it drives me nuts. I have a nail brush that I groom them with I wash my face with cetaphil face wash and then put cream on my face, I have to be very careful with what I use on and around my eyes because there so sensitive, but that seems to help.

It is time to see the dermatologist so I will ask about the cream!!

irish

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 08:15:39 PM »
Have any of you washed your eyebrows with the Selsun shampoo???

We used to have this happen a lot in the nursing home and it was usually caused by seborrheic dermatitis. I have had a mild case of it at times in my eyebrows and it can burn and really hurt.

It is the same stuff that that babies get on their heads that is called cradle cap. The Cetaphil is good for it also after using the Selsun. Also, have any of you tried dousing the area with the baby oil to soften and loosen the scabby areas??

People will get the rach around the edges of their lips or in the creases around the nose.

I am not diagnosing, I am just thinking that what you are describing sure sounds familiar to me. Hope you can all find relief. Irish ;D

quietdynamics

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 01:51:42 AM »
I get that on mostly my right eyebrow towards the center... for me it is a que that I am stressed. And I take warning.
I have been using Miracle Of Aloe; Miracle Foot Repair. My soles get so dry and nothing was working. I couldn't believe how quick and well it worked.
So I tried it on my face (after reading the ingredients) and it works!  I get flaking and itching in the T-Zone. This  is really helping, and it is not very expensive. My arm was red and itching today, another que, used the cream and again ...great results.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea

inga

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 07:30:33 AM »
Yep, Irish, the dreaded seborrheic keratosis. 

They can remove it too.  I have had it, and I think a lot of people get it with age.  IT does itch!

Aging is disconcerting.

irish

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »
Inga, Aging sort of sucks, but it is better than the alternative. Irish ;D ;D ;D

mikelly

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 08:40:21 PM »
Hi, I'm the new member. I get this rash between my eyebrows and then on some days it goes up my forehead.  THey gave me protopic. It is red and itchy but not scaly.  I was told it could be the progression of  the lupus. I do not know. Its all too much for me. All the symptoms are meshing together.

Smudge

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »
I get the itchy, flaky spots (just like cradle cap) in my eyebrows and at the ends of my "mustache."  It's Seborrhoeic Dermatitis, though, not Seborhoeic Keratosis.  I use dandruff shampoo to wash the affected areas when it flares up, and apply Psoriasin, an OTC gel.

mews

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 05:44:43 PM »
I used to use the dandruff shampoo but it never helped, I would just get it in my eyes and flip out.. like a lunatic!!

lol...What we have to go through...