Author Topic: Update  (Read 8580 times)

Sandisue

Re: Update
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 12:24:02 AM »
Hey Sha,

I have Primary Sjogrens, and my back and shoulders hurt a lot. My lower two discs have small holes that leak fluid out at times and makes it inflamed in the area. But heck the shoulders and neck is driving me nuts. I have and appointment with the Rhemy. next week and I'm gonna ask him about all this. I hope you find something out soon. Let us know.

Hugs,
Sandisue

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 04:22:31 AM »
Sandisue, for your neck and shoulders, you can use reflexology to help you feel better. There is a thick fleshy ridge between your thumb and index finger. Massage that ridge to trigger endorphin release. Do not massage it so hard or long that it feels like tenderized meat. When I use it, it works effectively for at least 99 out of 100 if not 999 out of 1000.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

JannaLee

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 07:17:36 AM »
Sandisue,

I use heat also on my neck and shoulders. 

Hope the doc can help you.

Janna

Sha

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
Kelly~ya can always be my buddy in crime ;D LOL Slow down....HAHAHAHAHAHAH :D Not in my vocabulary, but my body wishes it was!!

Sooki~Thanks sweetheart! I really love dr. Peng...you were sooo right  about his personality!! I like it when the kids run slowly!LOL

Sandisue~Let me know what ya find out....Dr. Peng said the pain in my back stems from the spondyloarthritis and would discuss that more in my next visit. He also said that sjogren's can cause joint pain and like knee pain, but rarely causes back pain...that is usually attributed to an injury or another AI disease like spondy...makes sense since AI diseases usually comes in packs! I don't like it when the docs stop looking past the first dx cuz they start attributing everything to 1 disease which I think is why so many peeps don't get their full dx!!

Joe~ I still use that trick and it does help a lil, but my pain is so severe in my back right now...still gotta get the cherries ;)

Jannalee~I am on a heating/massager pad every night and that does help a lil too.

I cannot wait til my appointment on the 11th!! I have sooo many questions for him!!

I got 7 books from library on AI  diseases and some specialty ones like lupus so I can be prepared to ask questions at my next appointment!

Thanks to all!

Love ya all :-*

Sha

nancylee

SOS!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:25 PM »
I am not new to computers or discussion boards but I swear I CANT NOT figure out how to post a new subject. I have tried EVERYTHING and all I can do is read what you write or reply. So, forgive me for posting to this thread but i wanted to ask for help in a post that is being read!

Nancy

Sha

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 02:00:06 PM »
No problem....if ya still can't figure it out from what lizzy said...pm me and I can help try to get ya where ya need to be ;)

To pm me...hit on my name on this thread or any other thread I have posted on....scroll to bottom of page.....hit on "send this member a personal message" and that's it!

We are all very helpful here so no worries!

Sha ;D

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
Sha, Here are two more things to try:
1. Take two tennis balls and tie them tightly into the toe of an old sock. When laying down with your knees up place the sock under the base of your skull. This should trigger a still point release after 5 to 10 min. (relaxes all the muscles on your spine).
2. Roll up a towel until it is comfortable under you neck close to the base of your skull. Lie on your back for a short nap. This can trigger a partial release of the upper back, neck and head.

Bonus points: There is a yoga technique that I learned called a neck hang. You start out with the base of your skull hanging off the edge of a massage table for 5-10 min. When I was younger and doing this, I got to the point where most of my upper back was hanging off. It took me a while and I had to have spotters. I could not tolerate the inversion tables so this was as close as I could get.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

quietdynamics

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
I saw mention of Vit D deficiency ...there is some general consensus that it is true for the general population. But, in sjogren studies, in Japan, Sweden and elsewhere there is evidence of low DHEA in our population. Sometimes I search for new studies on PubMed. I am close to concluding that more innovative research is done in other countries.
...Just an observation.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Sha

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 10:27:01 PM »
Joe~You are always so helpful!! Thanks! ;D

quitetdynamics~ I believe there has to be some correlation between the vitamin D and pain cuz both my rheumy and GP have tested my levels and started me on a high dose, which I haven't started yet cuz they didn't call it in. I think I am going to call my GP and ask her to call it in.

If I haven't welcomed ya to the treehouse yet....welcome, and make yourself comfy! ;D

Sha

quietdynamics

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
Hello Sha and Thank you for the welcome

From your post I looked up Vit D and found this: 
From Medscape Medical News
Musculoskeletal pain symptoms linked to vitamin-D deficiency, again
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/538290

I was pointing out that there is evidence that a wide pop. is testing low in Vit D. ( not limited to AI patients),but, for example children as well.
After reading I will start taking them again. I do sit in the sunlight in the AM for 10 to 15 minutes with the cats.  :D
I am hoping to feel well enough to get out and walk, which would really be a win-win situation.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Sha

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013, 01:25:51 AM »
I guess this is a 2 year update haha I have been MIA but came to check on the forum and am now a guest on the other "Sha account." I replied here cuz it kinda gives my history. My dx's as of now are secondary Sj√∂gren's, spondyloarthropathy undifferentiated (possibly enteropathic arthritis due to being dx'd with ulcerative colitis), fibromyalgia, MCTD unspecified (crossovers of lupus and RA), chronic migraines, and osteoarthritis in a few joints.  :o I am currently on the fentanyl patch, oxycodone, flexeril and diazepam. I have tear duct plugs for my eyes and have had several new Rx's for new glasses as my eyesight gets worse each year

Hope all are doing well! I see some familiar faces still and some who turned into guests like my account did. Hugs to ALL!!  ;D

SjoAmy

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
Have you had any MRIs of the spine done?  Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar?  If so, what were the results?  Perhaps I missed that.

Anyway, got LOTS of back pain myself.  3 Schmorl nodes in Thoracic, and entire cervical is undergoing reconstruction with T1.

Here's hoping you'll have better days.

Sha

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2013, 10:41:40 AM »
No, I have had X-rays of my spine and hips and it showed osteoarthritis so my rheumy and GP didn't request an MRI since the rheumy in Seattle already dx'd spondyloarthropathy. I have continuous back issues but they still refer to it as undifferentiated cuz it could change to ankylosing spondylitis, but they are leaning towards enteropathic arthritis.