Author Topic: Quitting Smoking (OT)  (Read 53977 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Quitting Smoking (OT)
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »
Good job all you ex-smokers and soon to be ex-smokers. I quit on a Sunday October 8th 2002 and never had another cig. It is just weird. Sometimes I think smoke smells good but most of the time it makes me sick. Now if I could just give up the ice cream!!!! Irish ;D

LenV

« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2008, 08:24:35 AM »
YEAH MIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D   I'm so glad you are still STINKING PURTY!!!!!!

Billye

mim

« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2008, 11:02:01 AM »
Well cricket, I won't tell you it is easy and you should do it and if I can you can, as I don't know you, but what I will say is a year down the line I still love the smell when someone has been smoking and I could even say that I would start again easily at the drop of a hat, but having said all that, my skin, chest, sense of taste and general health are loads better, I am slightly richer (although it does not always notice in my purse) and my home and car do not smell like an ashtray when I enter either of them.

So I wish you all the best of luck and agree posting on here will make a difference.  It helped me enormously even to the extent that part of the reason I stayed off them was not wanting to let all the people on here who supported me down.

So good luck and I am with you all the way...

Mim xx

Cricket

« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2008, 12:57:03 PM »
Mim

You are so right about having this board to keep me accountable.  Sometimes our own family means well and wants to help but they don't.  I will let you know how Sunday goes.

Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

pocahontas_1960

« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »
Good Morning all, I'm so glad I found this thread!  I am a smoker and have been for over 30 yrs.  Just went to Rumy dr. couple a days ago and he mentioned to me again that I need to stop the smoking.  I am over weight and scared of gaining any more weight.  I know I need to stop but just haven't had the will power.  The doctor told me there is a new pill out that is working for alot of people, so I think I will make an appt. with my primary and give it a shot.  I have quit a couple of times in the past but only lasted about 6 months before starting.  I'll let you all know when I'm ready and will come in here and post alot more I'm sure.  I ALWAYS HATED THE SMELL OF THE SMOKE so I don't know why I still do it.  UGHHHHH!!!

mim

« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2008, 10:35:49 AM »
Still stinkin purty

Pooh

« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2008, 11:45:08 AM »
WooHooooooooooo!  Good for you gal, keep it up!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}, Pooh

lynnmarie219

« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2008, 07:39:02 PM »
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Keep up the great work......you are doing a wonderful job!!!

Go Mim...........Go Mim..........Go Mim......

LenV

« Reply #218 on: July 05, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »
I just logged in after being missing for a good while.  Lonnnnng Story!  Saw this and just wanted to tell Mim that everytime I see this and know we helped it makes me tear up.  Yes I still have tears.  I wanted to use the moving control and tell Mim that I am just so veryyyyyy veryyyyyyy proud of her.  But am having "stupid" problems today.  not the problems ....me.

Mim...you go girl!!!  We love it!!!! (Grandpa and I)

Billye