Author Topic: Who still wears makeup?  (Read 10106 times)

dainbramage

Re: Who still wears makeup?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 01:17:01 PM »
OH MY GOD ;D
TIRED OF IT THAT IS TOO GOOD
I AM GOING TO DO THAT, I got to remember my kids will get me back.
Hey we need to start a new topic, "WAYS TO MESS WITH YOUR KIDS"
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

tired of it

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »
when they mess back at ya, just tell them they need to go to sleep sometime, then give them that Charlie Manson smile

ohiolady

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:25 AM »
I wear makeup on a daily basis.  I just look better and have worn it my whole life.  When I first came down with Sjogrens, my eyes were so bad that I could not keep makeup on past 5:00 pm.  Now, with Restasis, plugs, and drops, I can wear it.  I use Lancome Hypnose waterproof mascara.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

pan.music

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »
I've given up on mascara but still try to cover the red eyelids with clinique eyeshadow (sort of beige colour not sure what it's called - used to be buttermilk but they've discontinued that) a good moisturiser is Body Shop's aloe vera day cream - about ?9.00 a pot but very kind on the skin and doesn't sting.

JannaLee

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2011, 02:18:34 PM »
Yup, i use Lancome hypnose mascara too.  And all the rest.

I look like the "Bride of Frankenstein's" ugly step sister without makeup.  I will find a way to make it stick if it comes to that.

Janna

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:33:45 AM by JannaLee »

valene2009

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »
hey pan music.. my eyelids are red too -i think from the warm compresses and my ocular rosacea. is that why yours are red?? i  havent met anyone else with this issue .thanks

jordozmom

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 12:49:49 PM »
Once when my son was a toddler I stayed home sick and my husband dropped my son off at daycare so I could get some rest while he was at work.  Well, I didn't bother to put makeup on when I went to pick him up and while I was waiting for my son to finish cleaning up his little classmate started talking to me.  The next day when I picked my son up after work with my make up on and hair done the little girl asked me who the nice lady was that had picked him up the day before.  Clearly makeup is very important for me!  And I'm the same way - I am very fair and my skin is very blotchy and I have dark circles and when I don't wear makeup people ask me if I'm sick or something.  So I go in full war paint every single day.  But right now I am really struggling with dryness and wrinkles, which ironically the wrinkles don't bother me as much as the dryness.  I was using Olay Regenerist moisturizers and Cover Girl Aquasmooth but recently went and bought some Estee Lauder and though they helped they were really, really expensive.  Sigh.  What's a girl to do?!
SJS, Raynauds, Distal Renal Tubular Acidosis, RA, peripheral neuropathy, COPD, RLS, leaky heart valve (caused by SJS), Lichen Sclerosis.
Plaquenil, Salagen, Sodium Bicarb, Klor-Con, Ambien, Methotrexate, COQ-10, VitD, Multivitamin, Omega 3, B12

hootyhu1

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »
I use Bare Minerals for my face to cover the redness a touch, Almay Mascara/eyeliner (just for work) and I too use the CeraVe cream (my daughter's pediatrician recommended it for her 'pre-eczema' skin (whatever that is supposed to mean) and I love it!). Great Topic!!!!

ErinG

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »
The Bare Minerals "well rested" powder is great for redness on the eyelids and dark circles.  I wear it every day and it makes a world of difference, I look like a zombie without it!

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 08:50:55 AM »
Here's another fair skinned person--light eye lashes--look sick if I don't have mascara or blush or lipstick.  But, I guess i will have to live with that look:   anything with color irritates my skin, lipstick gives me chapped lips in less than an hour, mascara irritates my eyes.  I spent years with oily skin and blemishes and tried various ways to hide the mess- and wishing I could have a clearer complexion and not all the oil--now I'm as dry as can be ---be careful what you wish for!!! ::)  I use oil of olay on my face most days, but on those really dry spots I use aquaphor ( looks a little greasy, but it sure helps).  I guess there is one good point--I'm saving money in not buying makeup.
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

Jellyb

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 02:59:03 PM »
Hi, I still wear makeup, though my choices are limited, but I just don't want to give it up quite yet. Like you I am sure, ihave already given up so much already with this sjogrens.
So, I use a brand called Gabriel. It is sold in some natural food stores.The face powder is light but covers. The shadows are good also . I am allergic to coconut so I can't use the liners or lipsticks,
 but you might be able to. The mascara goes on too wet so don't try it, never dries. There is also a natural brand called Meiessence and Real purity, try googling those websites. Good luck