Author Topic: Who still wears makeup?  (Read 10972 times)

newhorizons

Re: Who still wears makeup?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:26 PM »
ME, Just plain Me...You get what you see...hehe!!!   Joy

dbab

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 06:46:49 PM »

I would like to find a good inexpensive facial moisturizer. So far all I have found it waaay to oily.
Pisces, In the summer, I use Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer w/SPF by Neutrogena for the day.  It does not have a greasy or oily feeling at all.  I also use this same type (but for the body) for sunscreen for the same reason.  It goes on drier - but is not drying. I also have not problem putting my regular lotion on over it if needed.

I really envy you guys that go without makeup.  Wish my splotchy skin and circles under my eyes wasn't there :(.  But it does make me feel good to look good on the outside even if I feel yuck on the inside.  I even put a little on even if I'm at home just to give myself a little lift in my mood, don't laugh lol.

Catilee2

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »
 Only when I have to go some place, not on the farm. I do use moisturizer every day though.  So far the Clinique products seem the least irritating. I have tried Almay, Neutrogena  and L'Oreal just to name a few.  I have fair, sensitive shin.  ( was a natural redhead and have green eyes)
 I use Pears soap( have to buy in bulk when I find a place that carries it)  to wash my face and Ponds cold cream to remove the make up.
I don't use mascara. Use too, but now it irritates my eyes. I do use foundation, concealer,  a creamy pencil eyeliner, eyebrow pencil and cream blush (too fair not to use some color) and lip gloss to moisten my lips.

Catilee 2

Crymeariver

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »
But it does make me feel good to look good on the outside even if I feel yuck on the inside.  I even put a little on even if I'm at home just to give myself a little lift in my mood, don't laugh lol.

I totally get it dbab.  Besides needing a pick me up from feeling yucky there is the fact my smile is ruined, I can't tan, I'm fat from prednisone, my eyes are crusty, I lost half my hair during a flare up over the summer and it is coming in gray ala Lily from the Munsters... could I at least be allowed to wear a bit of makeup, Fate?  Please? 

So what can we do?  Get a great cut, color, highlights?  Hair extensions? Mani/Pedis? 

dbab

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 05:54:35 AM »
But it does make me feel good to look good on the outside even if I feel yuck on the inside.  I even put a little on even if I'm at home just to give myself a little lift in my mood, don't laugh lol.

I totally get it dbab.  Besides needing a pick me up from feeling yucky there is the fact my smile is ruined, I can't tan, I'm fat from prednisone, my eyes are crusty, I lost half my hair during a flare up over the summer and it is coming in gray ala Lily from the Munsters... could I at least be allowed to wear a bit of makeup, Fate?  Please? 

So what can we do?  Get a great cut, color, highlights?  Hair extensions? Mani/Pedis? 

I used to love getting my hair done... (I'm a bit of a girly girl).  Ever since I got sick though, my hair has changed and any harsh chemicals has a negative effect to it so I pretty much wash it with an aloe vera shampoo, use a conditioner with an avocado ingredient in it and use just a bit of a silicone based serum to light tame any frizz I may get in my hair in the summer (I live in the south ugh).  My hair comes down mid back and I do my best to preserve the length because it has thinned out so much, when I flare it just falls out and I shed more than my dog.  :(

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 06:12:42 AM »
Regularly I wear only lipsticks.

Only going out to something very very special then I put on foundation and mascara and some eyeshadow.

it does look amazing to see myself looking 'made up'.

I stopped wearing makeup regularly when I retired, over 10 years ago. 

I swim many days a week (well really water aerobics, but 'swim' is the generic term I use) and that doesn't work with make up.

My eyes are so small now, between age, fat, and dry eyes, they seem to be just disappearing.  Sigh.

Well, at least I can see to read all the wonderful posts by my Sjogren's Angels.

Counting my blessings.

Kisses

Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

Liz D.

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 07:28:44 AM »
To Joe S and 'tired of it',

I had a good laugh at both your posts!!  Other people didn't seem to notice the joke!!

Thanks!

Liz D.
56 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 400 mg; Synthroid 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Hormone Replacement Therapy, vitamins, calcium, flaxseed, biotin

coopwall

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 07:40:58 AM »
CAT,
The roller is by Skin Essentials, Anti-Puff Eye Roller.  HElps a bit.  Coop

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 08:08:12 AM »
I still wear makeup most days.   Without it my olive skin has no color, and aging hasn't helped, so I wear it for me.  Occasionally some gets into an eye  :( , but usually it doesn't bother me at all.   I use Aveeno moisturizer and Aveeno baby wash to remove my makeup. 
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

ErinG

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 07:35:18 PM »
I wear makeup daily, I use the Bare Minerals powder.  I didn't wear any the other day and my dad told me I looked ill! 

I find my biggest problem lately is the dry skin, it has been so bad that I am scratching my face and neck.  I switched moisturizers to the Cetaphil cream that comes in a 16oz. tub and it feels sooo much better.  You can use it on your whole body, but I haven't needed it anywhere besides my face, neck, and chest.

I am very careful about what I wear around my eyes, I rarely use eyeshadow.  I only use waterproof mascara so I won't smudge it or get it in my eyes when I rub them.  Maybelline works for me.

sis

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 03:53:26 PM »
Thanks for the info the colorless roller that reduces swelling. 

I was going to ask but it came up in the thread.

I try to put on makeup if I know I'm going to see people.

Lots of days I skip it  - wear sun glasses and lip stick to pick up the car pool.

You boys cracked me up w/ your replies!  :o

I can't wear mascara much, like someone said -  kind of hard using eye drops all day!

I'm getting used to it. 

When I had blepheritus diagnosed earlier this year the Doc said to throw out all my eye makeup and start over w/ hypoallergenic stuff which is not as good as what I used before.

I've had to do that 3 times now!

I also wasn't able to wear any eye makeup for 3 weeks w/ infections.
I hated it!!!  Now that is really the norm for me.
I used to sell makeup back in my college days!

I miss it.   Not selling it but wearing it!

My eyes are so small and I have no eyelashes.

My closest girlfriend who sees me all the time almost fell on the floor the last time I showed up at a party w/ full makeup.

It really annoyed me and made me realize I must look awful  most of the time.

I use Alma eye products and mineral makeup.

The Bella Terra holds up very well w/ the eye drops.

tired of it

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 08:56:20 AM »
To Joe S and 'tired of it',

I had a good laugh at both your posts!!  Other people didn't seem to notice the joke!!

Thanks!

Liz D.

I dont think many got it either

dainbramage

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »
I got the message, but to each their own. I just paint my husbands toenails when he is asleep just to see what he does. I am trying to do my 13 year old. ::)

harlin

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »
I do still wear make up. My skin has changed so much since all this. I used to use Bare Minerals but it go to drying. I now use a tinted moisturizer, alittle blush, lipstick. my eyes are so irritated that I only use mascara when I go to church or out for the evening with hubby. I had a brown spot taken off last week so the tint helps minimize the scar. All my skin is so dry :'(
My heals are so dry they crack. I work on them every nite but it doesn't help. my fingers are split and so sore.
I cannot get enough liquids in to help.
harlin

tired of it

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 01:12:14 PM »
I got the message, but to each their own. I just paint my husbands toenails when he is asleep just to see what he does. I am trying to do my 13 year old. ::)
Good luck on the 13 year old,,, I almost put mine in therapy,, I shined a flashlight in his face while he was sleeping and screamed look out for that train, I didnt think a kid could scream that loud