Author Topic: Just diagnosed  (Read 1853 times)

Jellyb

Just diagnosed
« on: March 23, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »
Hi, I was just diagnosed with primary sjogrens the first week in feb. I have had symptoms fo about 18 years but I think it took so long to figure it out because I was searching in the wrong places for answers. My initial symptoms were severe skin allergy/reactions. So I saw a lot of allergists and skin docs. Dry eyes,mouth lymph issues didn't start until nine years ago and by that time I had given up on mainstream medicine. Well, I just wanted all of you to know that I feel fortunate to have four this website, and I thank you all for making me feel no t quite so alone in this. My family and friends don't really get it.

sis

Re: Just diagnosed
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
Welcome Jellyb.

This site is very helpful.

Glad you found it.

Katybarstool

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »
Hi Jellyb

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found us. It's hard having a condition that so few people know about, but this is exactly the right place to get advice, information and friendship. Ask any questions you need to - there will always be someone who comes along and helps.

All the best
Kathyx

Jellyb

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
Thanks you guys, I really appreciate your knd words

dbab

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
Welcome Jellyb... Its good that you have found a place to talk about how you are feeling.  A lot of us come here because we don't have anyone else to share that understand either.  Everyone here is very kind and willing to share their knowledge and experience.  Looking forward to knowing you :)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
Welcome Jellyb. Some of us have posted what we are taking in our signatures. I avoid seeing the doctor because things seem to get worse when I do. I have taken an alternative approach to my health management. The tones for infection have been a blessing this year and the $250.00 I spent for the generator that plugs into the computer has more than paid for its self.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Pisces24

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »
Sjogrens is at times so gradual that you just put up with whatever symptoms you have until they get bad or your primary dr sends you on the "specilist rounds".
I myself look back now and think about medical stuff that came up and wonder if it was Sjogrens related. I got allergic to contacts and had to wear glasses which my eye dr found very odd. Duh - dry eyes that were never tested w/Schirmers test.

Sjogrens is just a combination of stuff that affects you.  It almost has to go "the last straw that broke the camel's back" before you really really recognize it.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »
Hi Jellyb - welcome to the forum.  We're a world-wide community of men and women who share a common thread . . . . Sjogren's. 

This forum was designed to be a safe place to come and share thoughts, ideas, frustrations, advice, laughter and friendship as we all are traveling this Sjogren's road together.  Believe me, when you come here, we "get it".   ;)

There's a wealth of information here - if there is a specific topic/subject you are interested in, if you type that topic/subject in the search box to the top left of this page, it will take you to previous threads about it.  If you can't find what you are looking for, by all means, start your own thread.

I hope you find this site helpful to you and you visit often.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)