Author Topic: Who still wears makeup?  (Read 10083 times)

Crymeariver

Who still wears makeup?
« on: January 16, 2011, 09:05:24 PM »
Anyone still wearing makeup?  What do you use?  I had to give up standard cosmetics years ago due to the chemicals irritating my eyes.  Mineral makeup worked for awhile as well as cream eye shadows but now I can't tolerate that either.  I've pretty much given up any sense of vanity but it would be nice to wear some on a special occasion. 

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Who still wears makeup?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »
I have not worn makeup for decades. I think the last time was in high school. I was in the school play. It felt very strange and I could not wait to get it off.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

dbab

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
Crymeariver, I pretty much use Neutrogena everything (except for face soap I use Cetrophil) so I use the Neutrogena day moisturizer with sunscreen and then their liquid makeup over it.  I would use the powder but I get a malar rash and it doesn't cover it too well with just the powder.  I will use a light loose powder mid day though.  Make sure not to use any cream stuff on your eyelids because you will irritate them, that includes makeup and even moisturizers.  If you put any kind of shadow, I suggest a powder type with a soft brush and go with light stokes.

lol Joe :)

Sha

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:41:17 PM »
Nope...Only when I used to bartend and then I couldn't wait to get it off!  I wash, moisturize and go... :D

Sha

Pisces24

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 06:50:47 AM »
I grew up basically poor though we never wanted to anything. Makeup was an extra expense that wasn't needed.

I have a lip color gloss I wear to cover up my poor dry lips when I have any event I go to. And like everyone here, I keep the moisturizing business in the black as I use A LOT of that. I used to wear eye shadow but the durn stuff kept flaking off in my eyes so I gave up on it.

I would like to find a good inexpensive facial moisturizer. So far all I have found it waaay to oily.

Patze

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 07:54:29 AM »
I grew up like Pisces, but my parental unit used to refer to it as war paint and I was "forbidden" to ever wear it...yeah, that lasted! :)  Hit school and my friends and I went straight to the bathroom and the makeup "magically" flew on my face, and disappeared just as quickly at the end of the day. ;) ;D

I do use cream/powder combo kind of eyeshadow and minimal mascara, and sometimes use a powder on my face.  The eye shadow only irritates my eyes if I don't wash it completely off of my eyes when I get home.  I go completely au natural when I'm not at work.

Take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 08:00:29 AM »
Hi

I use it very very rarely.

Scottie  x x
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

CAT1962

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »
I use it daily. I have such a red, splotchy complexion, it's embarrassing. When I don't wear it, or when it wears off near end of the work day, people ALWAYS ask me if I am "hot", "tired", "sick", etc...ridiculous. I use Cover Girl. I am allergic to Mabeline mascara, and most eye shadows (Forget ANYTHING eye-wise in the Mary Kay line..yikes...caustic!), liners, etc. Everything, even regularly tolerated mascara still makes my eyes burn a bit when I get the brush too close.

coopwall

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 08:13:26 AM »
 ;D Great topic!!
Eye makeup went by the wayside years ago.   Who can wear that and still put drops in every two hrs????LOL

I still put some brow pencil on sometimes, as my brows are thinner and lighter.  I do use a colorlesls roller that reduces swelling above my eyes daily.

That, along with mineral powder, blush and lipstick are my efforts when "dressing up'!!!!

For moisturizer, I use Olay or Cerave (a very thick cream that the dermy recommended.  Cerave is helpful on hands too for age spots.

coopwall

Ohiocat

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »
I don't wear makeup.
but I don' think I count since I never would wear makeup. ;D

Just never got into it,  I am sort of a "take me as I come"  gal.

female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

CAT1962

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »
Coop...
I have heard abt the lotion! A friend said her Rheumy said to get it. She loves it. Also, what roller do you use?

Crymeariver

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 12:00:24 PM »
I didn't wear makeup as a youth.  Did we even need it then with our young and wrinkle-less skin?? Kids, save the money now for when you're going to NEED products in your 30's and 40's!!!  LOL  Mascara and eye liner are long gone so I use false lashes on dates (with hubby) and am just careful with the eye drops.  Just enough to hydrate.  Other than that I use the mineral powder applied with a flat brush to cover red spots and a dusting of same with a powder brush. It is a very rare occasion because no matter how cautious I am it migrates to my eyes through the night.  Then I look a million times worse than I do without makeup - eyes red and puffy and blinking like crazy.

A great face cream is Eucerin Q10 Anti-wrinkle.  It is kinda pricey but you only need a little and it feels like you've just had a facial. Sooo nice!  Not greasy, at least on my super dry skin.

I never thought I would recommend a Gold Bond product (we've all heard their dumb foot powder commercials) but their Ultimate Restoring Body Lotion with CoQ 10 is really good and not greasy.  Good price for the results.

tired of it

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
I wear it when no one is home,,, but I make sure I take it off before my wife gets home from work 8)

jpd54

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »
I have the same problem as CAT1962.  My face is always red and my makeup had faded by the end of the day. Tried some of the Clinique makeup for redness.  Kind of expensive, but it helps hide the redness.  I have not been able to wear eye makeup for ages.  I'm glad to hear I am not the only one. 

jpd
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

dainbramage

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »
I have very dark circles under my eyes, so I try to put on concealer and powder to hide these circles. Eyeliner and blush, but after salagen, it all goes away. Did not know if anyone noticed until I went to work as Flo for Halloween and people did not recognize me.  They said I looked different with makeup. So they must really think, I NEED MAKEUP..... :o