Author Topic: bone island and bone spurring???  (Read 3388 times)

Sha

bone island and bone spurring???
« on: January 12, 2011, 06:54:37 AM »
Does anyone know what this means?

AP view of pelvis

Impression: There is minimal spurring of the pubic symphysis. SI joints and hips are normal in appearance. There is no fracture or malalignment. Incidental bone island is noted in the right acetabulum.

Uh....anyone knowwhat they are talking about??
My back is killing me and has started to feel like there is sand in the SI joint...I hope he calls and explains this once he gets the lip biopsy and other tests back!!

Sorry...I know I asked this on the other thread but just thought having the specifics in the subject line might help me get some more replies.

If I have to list my worst complaint....it would have to be my back and joints!!

Sha

tired of it

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: bone island and bone spurring???
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 07:43:18 AM »
I replied on your other thread
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

harlin

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:53:58 AM »
Sha
I had a hip xray a couple of months ago and I also have a bone island. The ortho dr said is it just extra bone in that one area. Doesn't cause any problems.
I had never heard of it either and didn't know I had one.
hugs, harlin

Sha

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:08:41 PM »
tired of it~thanks for the link!

Harlin ~thanks! Made me feel a lil better!

Linda196~I read your post on the arthritis thread and I really appreciate the info! Can bone spurs and bone islands be linked to arthritis? I think he was leaning towars RA and ankylosing spondylitis :o Both of those are scary to me cuz the sjogrens causes enough problems!

Sha