Author Topic: Magnesium  (Read 1171 times)

harlin

Magnesium
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
The doctor called yesterday to tell me that my magnesium was now low and this could be the reason for the tingling and stabbing pains in my legs. she said to try one a day and see if this helps if not call her back. Could be neuropathy.

Anyone elses magnesium low??
hugs, harlin

Dolly Dimples

Re: Magnesium
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
  Harlin . Ive not personally needed Magnesium, but I have read much  good about it .

Here in the UK some parts have very low quantities in the soil, and other are rich in it.

It is said to be very good for Menopausal problems etc'
               Please let us know what it does for you. hopefully you will be much better, Dolly             

BonusMom

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »
My neuro suggested I take it for migraines and I've just started with 50 mg.  She wants me to eventually take 400 mg daily.

I understand magnesium can have a laxative effect so if you're bothered by constipation, magnesium may help in this area as well.

Let us know how you get along.

sugarbugar

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:09:28 PM »
Mine can go low but I take Magnesium everyday.  It's helped a lot, especially with my heart.

Daisy1234

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »
Hi Harlin:

I talk magnesium supplements for the same reason, leg pains and leg cramps etc.. and my level is low as well.  But there has been a good side benefit for me, its helped with some constipation issues as well.  The dosage I take is 750mg a day of magnesium.

Hope you feel better soon,

Daisy

sugarbugar

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 03:03:20 PM »
Yeah,, taking too much magnesium definitely cleans you out.  :)

CAT1962

• JER. 33:3
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
I take it occasionally to help with sleep. It just calms you down a bit, not a sleep inducer or anything. Relaxes you.
Primary SjS, hair loss, achy joints/muscles, dry skin/eyes/nose/mouth/EHEM, Low Vit D, low potass., high CRP, Asthma (Albuterol), CFS, Fibro, RA, thyroid nodules,PN..MED: singulair, cal-mag-zinc, Ibuprohen, NO steroids, NO Plaquenil.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »
I take magnesium every day to stop muscle spasms, charlie horses, and muscle pain. If you do not have enough, it steals calcium from your bones and teeth.
http://www.chakraforce.com/Natural.html#MAGNESIUM
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:22:03 PM by Joe S. »
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Butterfly

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »
I also had low Magnesium levels. My doctor has me taking a total of 500mg daily. I take half in the morning and half in the evening. He tried to up that to 620mg daily but I couldn't tolerate it. My doctor said it's common for auto-immune patients to run low on magnesium and vitamin D.