Author Topic: Mini-Challenge 2011 begins January 1st  (Read 10827 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Mini-Challenge 2011 begins January 1st
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 07:07:37 AM »
Day 5 of our Mini-Challenge- "Me-time".

Good morning . . . Happy Wednesday to everyone!   ;D

Yesterday, I had to run some errands in the morning and get some groceries.  I usually want to hurry up and "get in, and get out".  Well, I decided to take some extra time ("me-time") and stroll through the Christmas clearance isle.  I love looking at Christmas decorations.  This year the stores hardly have any surplus Christmas items.  I'm not sure if they cut back on their inventory to start with, or they had already sold a bunch after the holidays - anyhow, it was slim pickings.  It was still fun to go isle by isle and check out what was on the shelves.  I had my trusty calculator with me so I could figure out if the clearance price was worth it.

I was hoping to find some boxed Christmas cards.  None of the stores that usually carry them had much of a selection at all.  Maybe, five boxes max.   :(

I have to tell you about something that brought a smile to my face yesterday.  I was looking through the Christmas items and found a mug that said, "It's all about ME".   ;D  I didn't buy it.

I hope this special time you have set aside for yourselves is helping to recharge your batteries.  We all need to have some time to ourselves.  When all is said and done, there will have been 168 hours in our week, with us taking only 70 minutes to ourselves.  It is not selfish to focus on ourselves for this short amount of time.

There are only two more days left of this mini-challenge.  This is one challenge I might have to reconsider and extend!!   ;)  ;D

Enjoy your day!

Bucky

"Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."     Mary Anne Radmacher
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Katybarstool

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 01:15:43 PM »
Gosh Mrs BUcky, you're so right, 7- minutes in a week is not too much to ask.

The last couple of days, I've not had any spare time, other than now, catching up with my buddies. My d-i-l has had a migraine from heck and had to be taken to ER by ambulance today. She's back home for now, but we've been on call for the grandies. However, I have taken the opportunity to get some special kisses and cuddles, so I think that counts :)

Happy Wednesday to you too - oh, and well done with the bargain shoes.

Kathyx

harlin

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »
Hey Bucky I am a little late but I am in!

Today I walked on my treadmill for 15 minutes and I soaked in my tub for 10 minutes. I love my tub, it is the only way I can get moving in the morning and I do take another one at night. My husband bought me a whirlpool tub and he said our water bill has doubled. I don't care I love my bath.

good luck everyone!
love harlin

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »
Late entry...day 4......FULL BODY MASSAGE.....need I say more?

Day 5........Dinner out with some lovely ladies I used to work with! I can get very accustomed to this "me time", and 10 minutes is a tease! I"m going for an hour each time, and I've already extended the challenge in my own mind :D
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »
Day 6 of our Mini-Challenge- "Me-time".

Good morning everyone . . . Happy Thursday to you!

Kathyx - I hope your DIL is feeling better.

Harlin - welcome aboard . . you just squeaked in on this challenge.   ;)

Linda -  it sounds like you are really enjoying getting into this "me-time".   :D

Yesterday, I didn't do anything special for my "me-time".  I drove into work earlier and just sat in the car listening to the radio and enjoying the warm air on my feet before heading into work. 

Yesterday in the mail, I received this little booklet that comes every now and then from one of the local hospitals.  On the very first page inside the booklet it said, "A wonderful happy new year to you all!  In 2011, please take time for you.  No one is more important.  It's not selfish.  It is self-care.  When you do that, you have enough to care for the rest of your family.  You are not trying to give from a "dry well"."

Also, a little farther down in the column it said:  "Attitude is a key factor in great health, so keep it positive all the way through winter and into spring."

As you can see, even the health professionals are saying we need to take time for ourselves!  It makes sense . . . you just can't keep giving and giving and giving and never replenish your own self.

I hope everyone has a great day . . it's a brand new one, make the most of it.

Bucky

"There'll be two dates on your tombstone and all of your friends will read 'em.  But all that's gonna matter is that dash between 'em."     Kevin Welch

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Katybarstool

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »
Bucky

So, even the medical people are taking noticeof your 'me time' challenge. You are one powerful lady.

My d-i-l is much better, thank you.

Today, I spent my me time on the Wii fit. I'm still doing the balancing exercises and ... wait for it ... drum roll - I managed to do the balancing exercise with the fish and the icebergs without falling off the ice! It was only in the one round, but that's brilliant for me. I'm so clumsy, that this felt like a big acheivement.

Have a great day.

Kathyx

harlin

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 01:50:03 PM »
I just returned from a funeral for my son-in-laws grandfather. That was hard, my son-in-law gave a beautiful eulogy.

Now time for Me. Big cup of capachino. 15 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the total gym. Probably some tv and relax this evening. Tomorrow is my 3 year olds Christmas play. Everyday is me time when I get to see my granddaughters!! I love them sooooo much.
Got to get me a WII fit! Sounds like fun.
hugs to all harlin

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 06:52:35 AM »
Day 7 of our Mini-Challenge- "Me-time".

Good morning . . . Happy Friday everyone!!   ;D

Well, today is the last day of our Mini-Challenge, "Me-time".  I for one, have really enjoyed my "me-time" for the past week and will try very hard to incorporate at least 10 minutes for me each day.

Here's the math:  60 minutes = 1 hr.  24 hrs. per day  60 x 24= 1,440 minutes each day
                          1,440 x 365 days = 525,600 minutes a year total
                          10 minutes each day x 365 = 3,650 minutes of "Me-time" per year
                          That leaves us 521,950 minutes to do everything else we have to do.

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it!!   ;D

Kathyx - keep up the good work on the Wii Fit.  Show those fishes that you can balance on the ice burgs without falling off!!  You go girl!!   :D

harlin - Sorry for your son-in-law's loss.  Enjoy your time with your granddaughters!

To all my sjoggie friends . . . May 2011 be a year of better health for all of us.  We need to do all we can to keep the stress levels down, eat nutritional - balanced meals, exercise, and get much needed sleep.  Plus . . . . set aside at least 10 minutes of "ME-TIME" each day.

Thanks for joining me in this Mini-Challenge - it's been fun.  Many blessings to each of you.

Hugs,
Bucky  ;D

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."      Leo Buscaglia
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:17:52 PM by Bucky »

Katybarstool

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
Mrs Bucky

Thank you for organising this for us. I've thoroughly enjoyed my Wii(Mii?) time, so I'm going to carry on.

Kathyx

harlin

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
Thanks Bucky,
I am still on my 15 minute treadmill and hope to continue. It got me motivated yeah!
Good luck everyone. Hope everyone continues this challange.
Hugs, harlin

lighthouse33

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 06:46:47 AM »
Mom and I are playing this game "Angry Birds" on my iPad.  There was an article about it in the Wall Street Journal.  It is quite the rage, the artiicle said that the prime minister of the UK and Conan O?Brien play it on their iPad.  Mostly though people play it on their iPhone or smartphone.  The birds are angry with the pigs because the pigs swiped the birds? eggs to cook them up.  The pigs emit laughs and grunts when you fail to hit them with the birds.  They mock you.  After a player lays waste to all of the pigs on a level of the game, a raucous wave of cheers goes up!  We spent hours playing yesterday.   This is a tough game!  I downloaded the Scrabble App also.  Haven?t tried that yet.  

Up to twenty minutes on the recumbent stationary bike.  Taking it very slow.  Would like to be able to work up to one of the programs.  
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:17:28 AM by lighthouse33 »
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products