Author Topic: on vacation, friend turned into SATAN!!!!!  (Read 5202 times)

Blue Kat

Re: on vacation, friend turned into SATAN!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 03:48:18 PM »
I'm so sorry for your unfortunate experience with your so-called friend, voiceteacher.  It always hurts when people we care about turn out to not care so much for us.  And I live about 30 minutes from Cocoa Beach so you were pretty close to me.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 04:03:48 PM »
Voiceteacher,

I'm sorry your vacation didn't turn out like planned.  That was very rude of your "friend" to invite someone else along without at least mentioning it ahead of time to you.  Then to leave you out of most stuff . . . again, very rude!

I hope she knows you weren't feeling well when you made a special trip to come pick her up from the airport.  Since she was a captive audience in your vehicle, I hope you let her know how you felt.  (I know having strep throat you probably didn't feel like talking a lot - but, I would have had my say!).

My sister and I always had this saying, "rugs are to be walked on, not people!".

I'm glad you are feeling better with the antibiotics - hopefully, it will clear up quickly.

Take care,
Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Lily

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »
Well, voiceteacher, you're a better person than I am.  I'd have dropped her like a hot brick and told her to make other arrangements for getting home from the airport - and why.

You were SICK, and didn't need the stress of that length drive.

Take care,

Lily

season

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »
Voiceteacher, just curious as to how the actual ride home was. Did you chat. Did you try to tell her what was bugging you or was it a terrible drive home?

I was in a similar situation a few years back. I tried to be a really good friend to a person that I worked with but she was suspicious of me because of something that my relative did to her family. Anyway, she became very nasty and hostile towards me and I took all I could stand. We had to go on a 2 hour business trip along with two other people in the same vehicle. I knew this was my chance to try once again to make peace with her or give her a piece of my mind.

Well, I ended up giving her a piece of my mind and I left nothing out. The two people in the back were silent and I kept blasting away until I had my say. The bad thing was, I was a passenger in her car and she could have let me out at any time.

I tried so hard, but it just wasn't meant to be. She is now in a different part of the state and I say good riddance.

The two people in the back seat came up to me later and told me that they never realized this person could be so viscious until I pointed out just how she was doing things to hurt me and others and the place that we worked at.

voiceteacher

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 08:10:32 AM »
Hi all,

So you want to know about the ride home - - it was nothing special.  I told her how sick I was and she never said well thank you for getting me anyway.  Then she never said I hope you feel better.    I dropped her off and haven't called her nor heard from her since.  I was actually much sicker than I knew - I tend to just go on when I don't feel well if at all possible - - we all do here - - today is my last z-pak pill.  My throat feels much better but I'm still quite wiped out and still sound sick when speaking.  Even though it's unprofessional, I told all of my friends about her.  As it turns out, many of them were not surprised - just disgusted.

Thanks for being here - -

Voiceteacher

voiceteacher

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »
BluKat - -

You're near Cocoa Beach??  It was FREEZING there :).  I go to Boynton most years to visit my parents.  I will say that my dry mouth wasn't as severe there I think due to the humidity.  I have the same experience when I visit the Jersey shore every summer.  But now back to Nebraska and the reality of dryness :)

Voiceteacher

Blue Kat

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »
Thank you for letting people know that Florida DOES get cold sometimes.  A lot of people don't seem to believe that.   :D

voiceteacher

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 08:20:15 PM »
Florida is generally cold during the Christmas season - - while you CAN go to the beach, it's not warm!!!  This year there was a cold spell - it was FREEZING - - -actually wore my winter coat!!!  Another year I was at Epcot in Orlando and had to wear sweatshirts and jackets the entire time. 

Voiceteacher

BonusMom

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 06:13:08 AM »
With friends like her, voiceteacher, who needs enemies?

You did the right thing by pick her up from the airport and your conscious is clear. 

I, too, hate being a doormat, but there's no way you could have predicted your former friend's behavior.

I understand why your feelings are hurt.  Shame on her!!!