Author Topic: Mini-Challenge 2011 begins January 1st  (Read 10515 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Mini-Challenge 2011 begins January 1st
« on: December 31, 2010, 08:07:33 AM »
As promised . . . our Mini-Challenge 2011 begins tomorrow, January 1st.

Some of you are "assuming" this challenge will be like previous challenges . . . all I'm saying is . . . it might . . . or might not be a similar challenge!  HA . . . you'll have to stay tuned to this thread tomorrow to find out!!   ;)

Today it's out with the old . . . tomorrow, it's in with the new.   :D

See ya tomorrow.

Bucky  ;D
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Shani

Re: Mini-Challenge 2011 begins January 1st
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 08:10:41 AM »
I'm looking forward to it Bucky!

Need to remind myself to definitely check this thread tomorrow. ;D

CAT1962

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:30:08 AM »
I can't wait!  ;D

Katybarstool

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:00:35 PM »
Mrs BUcky, you are definitely keeping me guessing - will you tell us 2011 European time, or do we have to wait for your local time?

Kathyx

Catilee2

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »
Bucky,

Can't wait!!! My one resolution for the new year is to try to be kinder to people I have a difficult time with. !! I will add your challenge to that.

CAtilee 2

newhorizons

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 05:36:04 PM »
Our Sweet Bucky, bring on that newchallenge! I love suprises...

from newhorizons, newjoy :)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 09:12:46 AM »
~~~~  HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!  ~~~~

As promised . . . TODAY, January 1st, 2011 begins our new 10 minute, one week mini challenge.

A whole new day, a new year . . . . . a clean slate.

This mini challenge is all about "Me-time".  When your day is devoted to taking care of your kids, your spouse, your job and the many other important things on your agenda, it can seem impossible to schedule time for ourselves.  But setting aside "me-time" is to the key to maintaining your physical and mental health.

If you don't take care of yourself - put your self at the top of the list instead of the bottom (if you are even on the list at all) you can't take care of others.  It is NOT selfish to take time for yourself.  It's a must!!

This is a no excuse allowed challenge . . . no saying, "I just don't have an extra 10 minutes for myself".  Find 10 minutes!  Whether you have to get up 10 minutes earlier in the morning or stay up 10 minutes longer in the evening . . . make the time!

What you do with your 10 minutes of me-time is up to you.  If you want to go outside and get some fresh air, read a book, look through a photo album, polish your nails, meditate, exercise or write a quick note to someone - anything you want to do for YOURSELF . . . not what you do for someone else (unless of course, that brings you true joy and makes you feel good).

If you are a person that sits all day - get up, go for a walk.  If you are a person that stands all day - sit down, put your feet up, and do some deep breathing exercises.  If you are tired all the time . . get outside for some fresh air, do some gentle exercises to get the blood flowing - going for a short walk is an excellent way to help get you motivated.  

OK - the challenge has been issued . . . it's up to YOU now to either join in this challenge . . . or skip it.  I hope you choose to join in.  

Let us know what it is you did for your 10 minutes of ME-time - it will be interesting to hear.

As a side note - since today is the first day of the New Year - today would be an excellent time to change the batteries in your smoke alarms.  Also, change the furnace filter too.

Just for fun - look up Toby Keith's song, "I wanna talk about ME" and give it a listen.  (It will probably stay in your head all day . . . hehe  :D)

Hugs,
Bucky

"Yesterday ended last night.  Every day is a new beginning.  Learn the skill of forgetting, and move on."          Norman Vincent Peale
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:25:41 AM by Bucky »
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Katybarstool

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 09:41:10 AM »
My 'me' time today is going to be spent becoming familiar with the WII fit, checking out my weight, BMI (ugh!) and my fitness age. Don't know if I will dare to let you know any details. Wish me luck!

Kathyx

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
I am SO in!

Naturally, since there's just hubby and myself here, lots of the day is something I think if as "Me Time" but on further investigation, a lot of it is spent doing something for both of us of for him (perils of being the homemaker LOL).

Today, my "Just for Me time" will be either doing my nails, or scrapbooking, maybe BOTH!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Sha

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 11:08:32 AM »
Love it Bucky! ;D

I'm in...my me time is having time for this board with truly honest and caring suport peeps! My hubby and kids are taking down the tree and I'm going to just sit here with some me Time!! :D

I've got about an hour before my house is invaded by a kid that I used to work with before I got my job in the autism room he came from. He is such a success story!

I love that kid!

Sha~taking me time!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:46:39 PM by Sha »

Katybarstool

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
Confession time:

My WII fit age is 75 (I'm 53!) and I'm obese. Guess my 'me' time definitely needs to be spent increasing my stamina - although the pace will have to be very slow, otherwise, I will ache too much to continue.

Kathyx

DryEyes

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
I am IN!   Get back into doing some knitting.  Heck  might just double my 10 and throw in a walk,  Great Idea Bucky  ....

CAT1962

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »
Well, here I sit! The PC is my "ME TIME". I did have to call the endodontist's emergency number. My jaw pain for the recommended Root canal is HORRIBLE today. It hurts to cry which is what I really want to be doing right now.  :'( They are calling in an antibiotic and pain med...like I don't have enough pain meds...  :-\ ALSO, now with the pain in jaw, and cheek, ear, I have numbness and tingling in one-third of my lips on that side. Is THAT related to needing  a  root canal? sheesh

CAT

Shani

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 12:56:24 PM »
I'm in!

I will spend my ME-Time by decorating this butterfly wall decoration.
It's so beautiful!
I'm going to decorate it with glitters and gems.

Going to look so pretty and fancy. ;D

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
I love serendipity......this article came to me today, and it talks of "celebrating ones-self", in other words, "me time"

Just a few ideas of how to really focus on the pillars that make up our lives, and how to use our me time to strengthen them.

http://www.canadianliving.com/health/mind_and_spirit/how_to_celebrate_yourself.php
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld