Author Topic: Rubbery legs?  (Read 2854 times)

Mary

Rubbery legs?
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »
Someone mentioned rubbery legs yesterday... can anyone expand on the likely causes?  Also, I'm noticing a shaky thumb often when holding a food utensil. I refuse to accept that as 'just age', yet, at 63  :o ...Mary

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
Re: Rubbery legs?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:25:53 PM »
A number of us have a variety of tics and spasms. In case it is another health challenge I suggest that you have it checked out with your doctor.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

echofuzz

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »
i very often have weakness/shakiness of my legs, and i'm in my 30s so... :)

the neurologist i just saw said it probably has to do with either inflammation of nerves directly or pressure put on nerves due to inflammation/swelling of surrounding tissue.  he said that's just his theory, though.
Dx: UCTD/possible SJS (no dry eyes or mouth; joint/muscle pain, muscle weakness/spasms, headaches, fatigue, brain fog)
AID meds/supplements: Plaquenil, methotrexate, folic acid, vitamin D3, CoQ10
-------
"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground." - Unknown

navydad

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »
No its not just age,, my 83 year old mother eats just fine, other then some bad knees shes just fine,, I have the same problem, I drop utensils, I have to use utensils that have fat handles, the flat ware feels like its cutting my hands,, ya it sounds strange,, but thats the way it is,

I get rubbery legs but I have neuropathy of unknown orgin,, but is attributed to Sjygrons, my neuros are not searching for any more conditions which are destroying my nervous system, its not fun,, but as for the rubbery legs, I have no idea,, Joes right though,, seems we all have some kind of tic or spasm,,, but it just seems our doctors arent to concerned about it, sorry cant help you more, sionce I have no idea whats causing mine

Mary

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 02:21:57 PM »
The leg thing is just occasional, thank Goodness...maybe even just small feet or weak ankles (I'm a normal weight) - I more often just find myself losing balance easily without the rubbery feeling, sometimes feeling foolish when that happens in public. I think my greatest fear is of that type of symptom pointing to the toxicity of the mercury still in my mouth under crowns that cover all the teeth I still have.

susan

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
I find that I experience the rubbery leg feeling for a week or so, then it leaves, but it always returns! I think that exercise is helpful, but that is possible only occasionally (for me) at this time.

Rayven

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 04:59:09 PM »
I have a habit of tripping over invisible things.  Carpet fuzz, dust bunnies, faeries, whatever.  It's at its worst when I first wake up.  I think I'm just not naturally lifting my feet high enough off the ground at first or something.  It's a real treat when I have to get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom too.  Gone are the days of doing that with any kind of stealth in mind :P

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
Welcome Susan. Please introduce your self.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Mary

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 06:54:29 PM »
lol, Rayven (sort of)... I can just picture myself clumsily stumbling into the bathroom or kitchen during the night, or sometimes first thing in the morning (hunched over like a 95-year-old).  Thank God, I've finally conquered in the past year or two most of my previous tendencies to chronic exhaustion, weakness, viral susceptibility....again, B12 and D3, among other supplements, seem to have big benefits. I know many of you are into these also.... Just thought of another supplement to mention for anyone facing osteoporosis: strontium citrate.  My bone density has actually improved since I started on it.

tomsmom

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 07:01:36 PM »
I have weakness in my legs with no neuropathy or measurable muscle weakness.  The just feel wobbly and weak sometimes.  I have no explaination yet for what's the cause.   Sorry you're experiencing this.
Myasthenia Gravis, Secondary Sjogren's Syndrome, Raynauds, Graves Disease, Hypertension, Hiatal Hernia.

Meds: Toprol XL, Plaquenil, Mestinon, Protonix, Fish Oil, Vitamin D
34 yr old stay at home mommy

eyeamdry

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 07:10:05 PM »
I've been complaining for years about this.  When I've ridden in the car or sat awhile and then get up, my legs are very shaky and weak.  I always tell my husband this and I need him to "stand' with me for a few minutes.  He is usually across the parking lot with me standing by the car waiting for my legs to feel strong enough to walk.  Drs have no idea.  I believe it's neuropathy.

athenacapella

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »
I'm not dx SJS, so I probably shouldn't post on this thread but I just can't help myself because it is so ... comforting ... to know others experience this, too. I've been experiencing muscle weakness most notably in my quads. Sometimes it feels like my legs are just going to give out underneath me -- like they are rubber and not in my control any more.

tracyj

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 04:30:42 AM »
Hi Mary,

I get the rubbery / jelly legs too.  Lately in my arms as well.  Mr Dr looked concerned when I told him, but as yet I have no explanation.  :D   It has happened sporadically in my legs for years.   

Tracy
Myasthenia gravis, Hashimotos, Fructose Malabsorption, Pernicious Anaemia, Atrophic Gastritis, Sjogren's, Vitiligo, Photosensitivity, Reynauds.  Meds:  Thryoxine, Somac, Plaquenil, B12 injections, Vit D, Calc, Yaz