Author Topic: Medical marijuana  (Read 15710 times)

SLEEPY101

Re: Medical marijuana
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 07:19:01 PM »
@AUTOIMMUNITY
  You need to move to Cali,where medical MJ is legal. There was just a prop on Nov ballot to legalize it for everyone in the state but it did not pass. Most medical users and medical distributiors voted no because it would be to expensive it the state taxed it.

sis

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 07:22:19 PM »
I have started thinking about this possibility.  It is not legal in my state.

I have told by husband we might have to move to a state where it is legal!

Autoimmunity

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 07:25:55 PM »
@AUTOIMMUNITY
  You need to move to Cali,where medical MJ is legal. There was just a prop on Nov ballot to legalize it for everyone in the state but it did not pass. Most medical users and medical distributiors voted no because it would be to expensive it the state taxed it.

You are my bordering state  :P  I was praying that it passed and I could just go to Sac and get what I need :-[  I was really shocked it didn't pass, especially with the state needing the money so badly.  No chance I can move, but wondering if I could get a Cali. address.  Course I don't think I could ever really go into a dispensary anyway and nobody I know would go with me.  Who knows, I just started plaquenil today, maybe that will be my saving grace  ::)

SLEEPY101

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »
It might work. It has worked for a lot of people. I am hoping to be prescribed some once I see my new Rhuemy in March.

gsmraxe

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
You are my bordering state  :P  I was praying that it passed and I could just go to Sac and get what I need :-[  I was really shocked it didn't pass, especially with the state needing the money so badly.  No chance I can move, but wondering if I could get a Cali. address.  Course I don't think I could ever really go into a dispensary anyway and nobody I know would go with me.  Who knows, I just started plaquenil today, maybe that will be my saving grace  ::)

You can still go.  There's "doctors" that will prescribe the MJ for you.  A local paper here in San Diego (The Reader) is full of adds for "clinics" that will write a scrip, then you go next door to the dispensary to fill your scrip.  I'm sure they have them in Sac too.

Autoimmunity

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »

You can still go.  There's "doctors" that will prescribe the MJ for you.  A local paper here in San Diego (The Reader) is full of adds for "clinics" that will write a scrip, then you go next door to the dispensary to fill your scrip.  I'm sure they have them in Sac too.

I could get a script, but you have to have proof you live in Ca and I don't.

Sooki

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
I smoked a little long ago, but didn't like the self-conscious/paranoid feelings from it.  But my brother (in northern California) found great relief from it when he was dying from cancer.  In the process I learned somewhat about it.  It's pretty much a different animal from the old stuff.  There are varietals with different effects.  The indica types have more medicinal peaceful responses while the sativa kinds have more of a high with mental escapades.  And eating is gentler and lasts longer, although there are high-tech pipes that have cool and humid smoke.  I think maybe oil is better than water for extracting it; butter is popular.  (all secondhand knowledge!)
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

mink

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:14 AM »
Hi all
  I haven't responded because i was away in my second home (hospital)lol. Well you were right  gsmraxe there are different strains and the one I had was definetly not the regular stuff from back in the days cause it had my heart pumping so fast i thought it would pop outta my chest! So i didn't take more than three drags....at first it dulled the pain but once it wore off it came back full force and the next day I gave up and went to the hospital cause i just couldn't take it anymore. But i'm not giving up on the marijuana....so many people can't be wrong 
  And you're so right  navydad we are always treated like junkies!!! Well to those I say walk a day in our shoes and lets see what you'll be begging for!
Well after being in the hospital for almost a week (new years included)   being in isolation.....(they thought I had tuberculosis cause i was coughing up some bloody phlegm)  and having numerous of blood tests, xrays cat-scans and even a bronchoscopy they told me I could go home and said they didn't know what was causing the bleeding in my lungs and to come back if it got worst. The pain hasn't subsided but to go back there would be a waste.
i'll keep you guys posted on the marijuana issue ....i have a friend that said he could get me regular greens lol
Hope ya all had a Great New Year

Sha

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 08:40:42 PM »
so sorry to hear you ended up in the hospital! it sucks that that is all they could do for ya!! Hope ya feel better soon!

Keep us posted!!

Sha

mink

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 01:12:05 AM »
Thanks Sha will do :)