Author Topic: Medical marijuana  (Read 15721 times)

mink

Re: Medical marijuana
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
Cat and Autoimmunity,
   Thank you both for your input and advise....my mouth is very dry , but i'll take a little extra in exchange for some relief. As for morality.. I doubt that any one of us who is in excruciating and debilitating pain care at that point and time about rules of conduct. I was never the type of person that went by societies expectations and I always taught my kids that even though it is respectful to be polite and courteous to others, to always think for themselves and don't let society guide them an  shove them in a different direction which they haven't chosen. I'm saying all of this because having been dealing with this disease for almost 4 yrs i'm glad to say that I've made the right decisions to abide by my own way of living and not according to society standards. I mostly keep to myself especially now that limping along a street people look at me like i'm contagious >:( just cause i'm hobbling along..lololol..."ignorance" is what it's called i say to myself and keep on hobbling!

All I can say is that when you've gone thru what we all have in this forum...(sigh) it's just but so much that the body and mind can take till u start looking for alternatives whether they be legally  or morally right....

CAT1962

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »
Great post, Mink... :) I agree.

Autoimmunity

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 08:46:47 PM »
Well...my EX used it, recreationally...hence, the reason he is my EX. Isn't your mouth dry enough??  :o
HUGE difference between recreationally vs. medicinally and I don't think anybody should have to suffer what I/we have been through because some people find it morally objectionable. 

I wasn't implying that. My grandmother was offered it when she had cancer. She decided against it. And, if you haven't read any of my posts, I too, suffer from SJS.

No, I figured you were ill and here for a reason as well.  Didn't mean to direct that negatively towards you.  I apologize, very ill and in extreme pain for the last few days.  I too had an ex who was a drug user, I have never tried anything, but after being so ill, I have drastically changed my outlook on medicinal marijuana.  Sadly, the people who still need it have no access, where as others who don't need it have easy access.  Wondering if I can get myself a Cal. card and try it out.  I cannot live in this kind of pain; not even able to go to work today or get out of bed.

mink

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
thanx Cat and I'm so sorry for your pain  Autoimmunity!

Am lighting up! so here's to us and all our pain (sarcasm)...in all reality i'm scared as all heck cause i haven't done this since i was a teenager so i even called my son and daughter and told them just in case i go bazooks! lol ;D

Hope you feel better by tomorrow Auto!!

Autoimmunity

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 10:05:59 PM »
thanx Cat and I'm so sorry for your pain  Autoimmunity!

Am lighting up! so here's to us and all our pain (sarcasm)...in all reality i'm scared as all heck cause i haven't done this since i was a teenager so i even called my son and daughter and told them just in case i go bazooks! lol ;D

Hope you feel better by tomorrow Auto!!

Interested in your results...

gsmraxe

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 10:21:28 AM »
thanx guys for the responses!
 They were all very helpful ;D...Today has been a very bad day for me and i caved in and asked my husband to get me some if he could and he said in an hour he should have a little for me to try...it's not my first time but i haven't smoked in years and the last time i got so paranoid and couldn't sleep for over 12 hrs!! But i'm gonna be only taking a few pulls this time , no exaggerations like before cause i'm not looking to get high only looking forward to these aches and pains going away for just a little bit. And the fact that I'm basically snowed in and can't even get out is even more depressing!!

I'll get back to you guys in abit and tell ya if it worked ;)

You all realize that there's different strains of pot.  The paranoia stuff is called "chronic".  I hate that stuff...I always asked for the mellower blend...I don't like paranoid thoughts, and prefer to just be a mellow stoner.   ;D

susanr

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 04:19:04 PM »
I do use small amounts in the evening when I have unbearable nausea and pain. It helps alot with the nausea and some with overall pain, and makes me more mellow of course, less anxious and stressed. The only other option I have (already on nexium) for the stomach issues is Reglan that had my eye twitching for a week after 1. I have told my Drs and nobody had a bad word to say, except it may increase the brain fog. I am still working 6-7 hours a day out of need, not want and a little peace at night is good. I only do a little, no problem with paranoia. It is illegal, but when I look at the big picture, it is a better alternative than some of these meds that are legal. My friend at work who has MS also uses pot and it helps her too.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 09:22:49 PM »
I have never smoked it and it is illegal here but you wouldn't know it by reading the paper!! Illegal, yes, people still growing and using it, you betcha!

Anyway, I guess I would suggest that you take it orally if possible. I had mentioned on another post that there is a pill form called Marinol that is used for various reasons and cancer is one of them. Also, it is used for treatment of nausea and poor appetite. I know that doctors have prescribed it but I don't know how that is done or if there is a protocol/procedure for ordering this drug. It works well.

My reason for the oral is that sjoggies have such a high chance of getting lung issues and the smoke would really be bad. If you have any lung issues at all I can't imagine smoking it without having bronchial spasms, infections, destruction of healthy lung tissue. Maybe talk to someone at a chronic pain clinic. Can't you get more pain meds to cover you til you can make appt with someone who could offer you more help. Good luck. Irish ;D

Autoimmunity

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 09:54:41 PM »
Cat and Autoimmunity,
   Thank you both for your input and advise....my mouth is very dry , but i'll take a little extra in exchange for some relief. As for morality.. I doubt that any one of us who is in excruciating and debilitating pain care at that point and time about rules of conduct. I was never the type of person that went by societies expectations and I always taught my kids that even though it is respectful to be polite and courteous to others, to always think for themselves and don't let society guide them an  shove them in a different direction which they haven't chosen. I'm saying all of this because having been dealing with this disease for almost 4 yrs i'm glad to say that I've made the right decisions to abide by my own way of living and not according to society standards. I mostly keep to myself especially now that limping along a street people look at me like i'm contagious >:( just cause i'm hobbling along..lololol..."ignorance" is what it's called i say to myself and keep on hobbling!

All I can say is that when you've gone thru what we all have in this forum...(sigh) it's just but so much that the body and mind can take till u start looking for alternatives whether they be legally  or morally right....

Great post.  I have always followed the rules, I don't drink, have never smoked, always turned down any drugs, but exactly, like you said, live one day in my shoes and tell me you wouldn't do just about anything to aleviate the nightmarish pain.  At that point, I wouldn't care what anybody said or thought about me, I am just trying to get through the next 5 minutes and the next 5 after that.  Sadly, being so straight and narrow, I wouldn't even know how to obtain it anyway...but given the chance, I would.

susanr

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 03:51:24 AM »
I agree - I won't even run a red light if there are no cars for miles, I do not drink, smoke or use any strong pain killers, never got into illegal drugs like friends did, I do everything by the book except this one thing, and when every day is a struggle and you have to go to work pretending you are not sick when you have so many symptoms, it is a tiny island of respite in the evening. To get rid of the nausea and be able to eat makes it worth it. The only down side I can see is I have gained some of the 30 plus pounds I lost due to sjogrens related stomach pain because of my renewed ability to eat and less will power to turn down sweets. Still better than the side effects of the Reglan. And this works better for me.
Everybody has to find their own way, I have learned to be less judgemental. I do believe I would have lapsed into a deep depression without some relief once in a while.

SLEEPY101

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
I have a MJ Tea bag but I haven't tried it yet. I know that it is not as potent as smoking it.

@autoimmunity I don't think you will have a problem getting your licence. I have heard people getting it even for tooth aches.

I have mixed feeling about it. I just don't want to gain weight and I know it can give people major cravings. But if it let me sleep and gave me pain relief if would be worth it. I know it has less side effects as my percocet and vicodan and strong sleeping meds. Plus because I am used to these strong narcotics and meds MJ won't give me a high like regular people that smoke it for that reason. I think it would relax and hopefully take away some pain.

navydad

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 01:49:14 PM »
I would eat pot laced broenies for lunch and after dinner take a heroin cocktail if it eased the pain,, screw morals,, you do what you have to do to ease your suffering,, were treated like drug addicts anyways when we look for some pain relief,,, I treat others nicely,, thats as moral as I get,, when it comes to me,, I want something that makes my life bearable,,

SLEEPY101

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »
Great comment NavyDAD. We are treated like junkies when we are in pain. Those medical professionals don't have a clue unless they have been in pain themselves.

navydad

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 02:10:25 PM »
your right sleepy,, they really dont have a clue,, it would be different if I made the rounds of clinics and ER;s looking for drugs,, but when we ask for relief,, we get shuffled off to a (pain clinic),, where we have to sign our life away,, get kicked out of hte program if we miss a couple of appt.s,, all this after we do get some meds,, get kickked out,, run out of meds,, beg for more like a junkie,, and get told no becasue we signed a contract, since when was it necessary to sign a contract for pain relief,, God I am really starting to hate hte medical profession, not to say there are some good people in it,, but its just a business,, they dont know pain,, they cant see pain,,they dont see the fear in our eyes,, the look of a person begging for answers,, begging for anything to help, looking for that one answer that might turn our life around, but it never comes,, least it hasent here,,, dont come to Pa to even consider getting any help,,my getting a referral to Mayo was my kiss of death

Autoimmunity

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 04:33:26 PM »
I have a MJ Tea bag but I haven't tried it yet. I know that it is not as potent as smoking it.

@autoimmunity I don't think you will have a problem getting your licence. I have heard people getting it even for tooth aches.

I have mixed feeling about it. I just don't want to gain weight and I know it can give people major cravings. But if it let me sleep and gave me pain relief if would be worth it. I know it has less side effects as my percocet and vicodan and strong sleeping meds. Plus because I am used to these strong narcotics and meds MJ won't give me a high like regular people that smoke it for that reason. I think it would relax and hopefully take away some pain.

Although I am in a "legal" state, there are no doctors who prescribe it.  Too risky.  And we have no dispenseries.  There is one guy and his mother who can get a doctor to write for you, but they charge like $600 and aren't anywhere close too me.  And I just read this morning he is being investigated.  Honestly, what's the point of it even being legal here because it's really not at all.  Need to get an address for the bordering state where it is plentiful.