Author Topic: Medical marijuana  (Read 15722 times)

mink

Medical marijuana
« on: December 27, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »
Does anyone have any input on medical marijuana and sjogrens? My sister keeps telling me to try it that it may help with the aches , pains and depression, but i'm scared that I might get paranoid or very dry afterwards!

LeoLady

Re: Medical marijuana
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »
I'm scared I might wind up in jail!!  :o   It's not legal here.

Darn.   :'(

Hugs,

LeoLady

SLEEPY101

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:12:33 AM »
It does help some people. You should go to a Dr that issues a legal medical licence and see what he says. That are different doses and different kinds that help different aiilments. It also comes in tea form and that is not as potent.

Autoimmunity

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:47:10 AM »
I would try it if I could find some, legal or otherwise.  I have been sitting here since 10pm in agony, unable to even get any sleep at all.  I have an unusual form of arthritis and I currently can barely move my right shoulder and it is going into my left.  I just took my 2nd percocet which does not help the pain...it barely takes the edge off for a very short period of time.  I am also white as a sheet and sick to my stomach.  So I would def. give it a try given the option.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:53:00 AM by Autoimmunity »

CAT1962

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:57:45 AM »
Well...my EX used it, recreationally...hence, the reason he is my EX. Isn't your mouth dry enough??  :o

Autoimmunity

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:07:04 AM »
Well...my EX used it, recreationally...hence, the reason he is my EX. Isn't your mouth dry enough??  :o
HUGE difference between recreationally vs. medicinally and I don't think anybody should have to suffer what I/we have been through because some people find it morally objectionable. 
Honestly, I don't know if it would help me or not, I do know the narcotics I have taken do not help me and here I am still in pain and now totally dizzy and sick to my stomach  :-X, therefore I am desperate to find something that will help me.

gsmraxe

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 08:06:51 AM »
Does anyone have any input on medical marijuana and sjogrens? My sister keeps telling me to try it that it may help with the aches , pains and depression, but i'm scared that I might get paranoid or very dry afterwards!

If you try it...I suggest not to smoke it...But to get THC cookies or butter instead.  Where do you live? I'm in California, and I could have easily gotten a scrip for it for my cancer and radiation treatments.  But, I work for a defense contractor and hold a top secret clearance...Which would land me in federal prison if I have even a smidgen of pot on me.   ;D

If I worked for a civvy company tho, I would have been there like a shot...But food, not smoking it...There's also THC ice cream, anything you can imagine. 

shortstuff

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 02:02:40 PM »
I'll be honest, I tried it recently and found that I had no fatigue for the first time in a couple of years when I woke up the next morning.  Of course, I don't like the smoking part of it because God knows my lungs don't need anything else to distress them.  I also tend to be paranoid so I don't like MJ but I really did like the way I felt the morning after.  I was shockingly energetic!

mink

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 02:13:23 PM »
thanx guys for the responses!
 They were all very helpful ;D...Today has been a very bad day for me and i caved in and asked my husband to get me some if he could and he said in an hour he should have a little for me to try...it's not my first time but i haven't smoked in years and the last time i got so paranoid and couldn't sleep for over 12 hrs!! But i'm gonna be only taking a few pulls this time , no exaggerations like before cause i'm not looking to get high only looking forward to these aches and pains going away for just a little bit. And the fact that I'm basically snowed in and can't even get out is even more depressing!!

I'll get back to you guys in abit and tell ya if it worked ;)

Sha

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
Good luck!! Where do you live?

Sha

mink

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 02:45:04 PM »
I live in New York so it's plentiful but illegal!! hahhahaha  ;)

eyeamdry

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »
In Michigan it's legal, but there are now courts fighting back and forth.  It also has a bunch of restrictions on who can grow it and for whom.  I have no desire but don't care if people do.

Speaking of jobs, though, most of the places here do random drug tests and it would be a good way to lose a job.  That would be reason for many people not to do it.  Lucy

Autoimmunity

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 04:32:27 PM »
It is legal in my state, but you can only get it by growing your own.  I don't even know how to get a hold of any period, let alone grow my own.  Not to mention I cannot move either of my arms today; don't think i'll be growing anything.

mink

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »
Unfortunate for me I have already had to stop working 2 1/2 yrs ago due to the crippling effects of this disease. :'( I was a veterinary technician and loved every moment spent with my little friends.

My husband just got some for me and i'm really putting it off and dreading the paranoia (chicken me) but i read somewhere that you can't go into this already paranoid or it'll worsen the paranoia effct so i'll givew myself a couple of hours and try it then.....all this because i'm out of pain meds for two weeks already!

CAT1962

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
HUGE difference between recreationally vs. medicinally and I don't think anybody should have to suffer what I/we have been through because some people find it morally objectionable. 

I wasn't implying that. My grandmother was offered it when she had cancer. She decided against it. And, if you haven't read any of my posts, I too, suffer from SJS.