Author Topic: ***NEW POLICY*** Please read!  (Read 16585 times)

Linda196

• Administrator
***NEW POLICY*** Please read!
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:40:43 AM »
Sjogren's World is designed as a refuge; a place of support, information and caring. To that end, we have developed a new posting policy; one that involves zero tolerance for negative interpersonal interactions.

Posts that are insulting, aggressive, demeaning or belligerent will be removed. This refers to both personally directed posts (naming another person), and generally directed ones (vaguely suggesting "some people").

Posts that serve as a vehicle for personal messages between members will be removed, since that is the purpose of the Personal Message function. Additionally, posts which read as a journal of daily activity, not related to the issues of SjS, might be better served by posting a blog; which is not the function of Sjogren's World.

Anecdotes of daily life, regardless of relativity to SjS, which bring a smile to others when smiles might be very hard to come by, are welcomed in the Social Hour Board, as are non-SjS related humor and sharing. That is the appropriate place to send well wishes, share personal experiences, and maybe a recipe, a comment, a giggle or a picture that brings joy or comfort..

Threads which have served their immediate purpose, but still contain valuable information (the ones where it becomes tempting to post "enough, let's move on") will be locked, and allowed to fall back into the index, where they will be available to a site search, but not for additional posting.

Valid posts should contain information and/or questions about Sjogren's; it's presentation, symptoms, diagnosis and care. Since this disease impacts our lives in so many ways, naturally it involves our relationships with others as they pertain to SjS; our work and social lives as they pertain to SjS; and many other aspect of everyday life as they pertain to SjS.

Constructive posts that contribute to the ability of others to understand and cope with SjS are of course our top priority, and will always be welcomed.

Please continue to use and benefit from Sjogren's World, in it's new, streamlined and more member friendly format.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Katybarstool

Re: ***NEW POLICY*** Please read!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 05:51:29 AM »
Linda,

Thank you for this. I'm sure we will all find it helpful to refer to form time to time.

Kathyx

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 06:01:31 AM »
Dear Linda and staff:

You've all worked diligently, and come up with a very clear plan, and one that makes sense to me, and probably to most who post here.

Thanks for all the work you've all done, and for all the work it will continued to take to monitor and manage the forum.

Elaine

Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

flutterfly

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 06:45:48 PM »
STAFF~ i applaud this & u!   :-*

i hope u will move ANY of my well intentioned & maybe...misplaced topics!

i have cum ta understand the written word may NOT always be taken as u MEAN it...
& as such...i AM sorry!

thanx in advance 4 my topics that end up elsewhere!

i appreciate this site AND the peeps that contribute & have become my TRUE friends & luved 1'S!!!

CAN'T TELL YA HOW MUCH YA ALL MEAN TA ME!!!  ;)

~*FLUTTERFLY...holds out hand ta EVERY1!*~  :D

ohiolady

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:16:11 AM »
Thanks to all for the new policy.  We can find negativity and fighting everywhere.  It is nice to have a haven of rest  from all of that when we come to Sjogrens World.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

mink

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:37:41 PM »
I've finally found a place where I can go and be with understanding people and I thank you all deeply for that.  Your rules and regulations pertaining to posts are more than fair.

Thank you 

paperdoll

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »
Wow thanks for this new policy.  A nice warm safe place to share is wonderful!   :)

Jennie

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »
This is a wonderful site.  I do appreciate the info, tips and hope that I get from reading the experiences of other sjs sufferers.

sunnybunny

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 11:39:37 PM »
Awesome, Linda!
great rules...I only hope I can make sure I learn to post in the right places. lol  :P

Really, I'm frightened sometimes when I read things on yahoo, or other forum posting places. :-[
The nasty, foul, ugly things and the language I see some places....geesh no one censoring there!

Honestly....I don't see the need to go anywhere else anymore.
I find everything I need here ;D

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 02:35:20 PM »
  Many thanks Linda and all.
                                           Love this new streamlined look, !
                                              Dolly x

Virgi

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »
Hello!!
Earlier in March and April I would read posts when I was recently diagnosed and found such a wealth of information ... didnt register back then ... I joined recently this year around 3 months ago and participated little, wish I had more time and energy to post more ....  Ive printed some of the threads to show to my doctor next visit. We really need this forum :) .. its a gift to have it !
Thank you to the moderators and I hope we all Beeeeeehave!

Meld256

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 02:11:46 AM »
We're glad that you're here, Virgi. Keep posting whenever you have the chance.  ;)
Melinda

buddybelle

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »
Linda:
This site is wonderful! Oe can find information about almost any topic related to SJS. I like that the primary purpose is to share useful information and experiences, while feeling the support of others.
I also have progressive multiple sclerosis and have yet to find a support system like this.
It is nice that for the most part the posts offer solutions. We all need to have our "pity party" once in a while, but it is nice that forum members generally focus on ways to improve our health and make the best of our situation.
You and the rest of the staff do a great job.
Buddybelle

ashewoman

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:31 PM »
I'm confused.  I haven't been doing anything wrong have I?  GG

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »
No, you haven't done anything wrong, Ashewoman. This thread was started in December 2010 to make clear the guidelines for this forum.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld