Author Topic: New neurologist  (Read 1783 times)

Tinker

New neurologist
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:09:10 PM »
While I liked my old neuro, she misdiagnosed me as having myesthenia gravis.  I DON"T.  Got a second opinion and this guy was pretty good.  He said it's very rare, and didn't feel I had it.  The IVIG was a total nightmare.  My hair fell out big time.  The she neuro said "Oh, don't you have Hashimoto's?  Well, that explains it.  The IVIG was messing with my thyroid levels and caused your hair to fall out.  DUH, she knew that ahead of time. Wasn't anything new. The IVIG headache lasted 40 days, the topomax med for headache caused my bp to drop dangerously low & I couldn't stand up.  Chalked it up to just being weak but after doing my own research on the web, I figured it out.

Where is the doc who is supposed to be figured all this out for me?

Sha

Re: New neurologist
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »
Sorry sweatheart! Hugs!

When ya find him...share his name;)

Sha

inga

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »
I have never had any of those issues with IVIG.  I have had only typical age related hair loss, nothing much, and my hair has actually become less gray.  I do get intermittent headaches, but they don't last more than 2 days or occur more than once or twice per year from IVIG.  IVIG has been far easier on me then steroids.  But, I guess it isn't for everyone.

Patze

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:52:09 PM »
Don't you hate it when you have to put it together for the doctor?  Yeah, had to figure out my thyroid had slowed down a great deal as the GP wasn't convinced there was anything wrong with it (she was using the old scale and my TSH never went above the range).

Sending you some soft

( ( ( H U G S ) ) )

Tinker, and I sure hope that you'll find a doctor that can "put it all together" for you.

Take care of yourself -

Patze
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:58:46 PM by Patze »
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 07:22:30 PM »
Tinker, I know what you mean about having to tell the doctor what you have and research all the meds you have. My last endo lied to me about complication that I was facing. Scared the 7734 out of my wife to force me into the course of treatment that she wanted me to comply with. When I had complications that she said I would not have, she told me that was normal. I should have walked out then!

The cost of her treatment cleaned out our bank account so I was no longer able to get meds. I asked for alternatives that may help. She yelled at me for not following her protocol. I got up and walked out. My wife was upset but did not say a word. I am doing what I can to move forward. After the first of the year I will be able to start medications again. I just thought she should offer some alternatives. When I left I asked if she attended the funerals of her patients.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 09:18:18 PM »
Tinker, Myasthenia gravis is one of the more common autoimmune diseases and it is also one of the first autoimmune diseases that was described in literature.

Also, generally IVIG should improve the Hashimotos because it slows the autoimmune attack on the body. Hashimotos causes hair to fall out. I have lost a lot of hair now and again.

I guess the doc has me really confused over the MG diagnosis. Irish ;D