Author Topic: Eye Lid Sticking to Eyeball? Anyone.....  (Read 4231 times)

Sandisue

Eye Lid Sticking to Eyeball? Anyone.....
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:32:29 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I had the most horrible experience today. I work the third shift and when I woke up today. I could barely open my right eye. It was like my eye lid was stuck to my eyeball. It hurt so bad.  I'm still having trouble with it, that was about 9 hrs ago. I've put drops in, but it feels like I've got a big grain of sand it it...Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?  Should I maybe put drops in my eyes before I go to sleep?  

Thanks,
Sandisue

Jozee

Re: Eye Lid Sticking to Eyeball? Anyone.....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
I don't know if it's the same thing that happens to me but my eye lid will stick and when I open it it tears my eye and I get something that is a weird name. Basically it's eye herpes. Don't freak out tho. It's not THAT kind. If you've ever had chicken pox the virus lays dormant in your body and later can come out as shingle or eye herpes. That may not be what happened to you tho. When I mentioned that I have eye herpes to my Rheumatologist he stopped writing and said...every single patient I have that has Sjogrens has eye herpes. Lets test you for Sjogrens. That is how I first learned of Sjogrens. My eyes are very dry when I wake up. If I wake and haven't opened them yet I try moving my eyes around first then opening them. That may help. I try to remember to put drops in right before bed too.
Small Fiber Neuropathy, Sjogrens, Costachondritis, Sleep Apnea, Carpal Tunnel, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Constrictive Pericarditis, horrible brain fog

Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Oxycodone, Evoxac, Omeprazole, Savella and Numoisyn tablets, an aspirin a day

Female 44

SueAnn

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 06:55:54 AM »
The things that help me when my eyes get this way are warm compresses and my onion goggles.  You might want to check with your eye doctor and see if you need to use an ointment at night instead of drops.

Sue Ann
Sjs
Cellcept, Plaquenil, Evoxac, Prednisone, Restasis, and Tramadol.
SAM-e, calcium, Vit D3
Female - 52

ohiolady

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:50:24 AM »
This is very common with those of us that have very dry eyes.  I use Restasis, punctal plugs, warm compresses and various eye drops.  You need a heavier eye drop for night.  I use Genteal Gel and others use lacrilube.  Dryeyezone is a website that will educate you on how to treat your eyes.  I was completely miserable at first with my eyes.  With treatment, I manage much better.  It is a lot of work but things can improve.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 58

Daisy1234

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:02:10 AM »
Sounds like a classic case of corneal abrasion from too dry eyes to me.  I have had this happen to me literally hundreds of times.  You should go and see you opthamologist right away, call and tell them you think you may have a corneal abrasion and they should try and get you in immediately.  If its a more severe abrasion your doctor may prescribe an ointment to help the abrasion heal and sometimes they also put in a clear contact lense to protect the abrasion from the air/drying out to help accelerate the healing process.  Usually another appointment or two is required to ensure that the eye is healing well without any sign of infection.

If what has happened to you is a corneal abrasion, then you will have to get on a program of good eye maintenance as OhioLady suggests.  Your opthamologist can do a Schirmers test on you quickly and easily to see just how dry your eyes are and prescribe you Restasis, punctual plugs, eye drops or whatever you need to keep your eyes from having this problem again.

Good luck,
Daisy

Maria3667

• Good advice is one thing, applying it another
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 05:43:15 AM »
Hi Sandisue,

I find drinking heaps of green tea will improve eye moisture.
Since over a year I'm doing that now, and don't need eye lubrication drops anymore.

Green Tea is also helping me with other Sjogren's troubles. Dry mouth has improved too.

But stay away from coffee - it will make everything much dryer in your body. (At least that's my experience!).

Take care,
Maria
Age: 46. Primary Sjogren's & hypothyroidism (2003), Lyme's Disease (1998), DES-daughter, anxiety disorder.
Seroquel, pilocarpine, thyroid hormones. Dry mouth - dry eyes - dry skin - cherry hemangiomas - macules - uterine fibroids. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 06:09:07 AM »
Some people have "Humid eye"(?) goggles that they wear to bed.
There are also some gels or salves that you can put in before sleep. Maybe someone that uses them will respond.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Pegasus47

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »
Hi:

My night time dry eye is now under control.  I take 4 capsules of TheraLife Eye before going to bed. I don't use goggles because they interfer with my sleep position. 

I have friends with cornea abrasion who reports they have their eye balls stuck to the cornea in the morning.  Must be painful.

Pegasus