Author Topic: Woke up miserable  (Read 2473 times)

Diane54

Woke up miserable
« on: December 04, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »
Headache, low grade fever, skin rash on my face and the inside of my mouth is peeling......anyone else have these symptoms with Sjogrens? I am awaiting my Rheummy appointment and I am writing every little thing down! Let him decipher it out!
Sjogren's diagnosed Dec 20, 2010, Hypothyroid, Diabetes 2, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Mitral Valve  Prolapse, Gerds, Antiphospholipid Syndrome,  Synthroid, Paxil, Prilosec, Evoxac, Plaquenil, Tramadol, Simvistatin, Restasis, Baby Asprin, vitamin D, Januvia, Amlodipine, Gabapentine

Sha

Re: Woke up miserable
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 09:48:02 AM »
Omg! Exactly about 3-4 weeks ago...body still has dry patches from remnants of rash but face isn't peeling anymore! Oh hunny sorry to hear it! Does the rash feel like sand paper and like a sunburn at times?

Here's to u feeling better...hugs!

Sha

navydad

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 10:10:58 AM »
I posted a few times yesterday, but i was really miserable,, tried to hunt 4 days,, and yesterday it all caught up to me, I was almost crawling,, tried to hunt a few hours today,, just cannot carry the gun,, cant put it on my shoulder withthe sling,, cant carry it,, and its so dry out,, my throat just dries out walking,, came home,, made some coffee,, got a hot shower, ate some pain pills, neuroatin,, and now have that lovely burning in my arms and feet,, Man I love SS and neuropathy,, (NOT)   AND STILL NO DEER,, unless one comes knocking at my door begging to be shot,, which I;ll be happy to oblige,, then I think I;m done for the year its not worth the pain,, Joe,, we have places where you can hunt fromt eh car or truck,, but its tough to get permission from teh state to do it,, and there not the best of places, might as well be hunting at walmart parking lot,, which might not be a bad idea,, just bust in the car and take the steaks,, sure beats sitting in a treestand at 16 deggrees,, which is what it wass this morning, I took some of those tea candles,,, it kept my fingers warms,, and warmed up my gloves

Cinnamon Girl

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »
Diane -- I am sorry you are suffering this way. sending up a little prayer - *hugs*

MiJoy

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 12:23:31 PM »
Diane54,
I haven't had those symptoms, but am in the same boat as you with a bunch of symptoms & waiting for my rheumy appt. Best of luck to you. Isn't this a wonderful place for information and support?!

Navydad,
I thought of you the other day when my husband told me something funny that happened in the parking lot in front of his store. I don't know how you keep going with all that you have to deal with, so please know that I am not making light of your situation. It just made me think of you because I've read how much you like, & now miss, deer hunting.
My husband owns a small store in a large shopping center with a Lowe's hardware store. He walked out into the parking lot to his car and saw a deer running across the parking lot, obviously confused & frightened. Poor thing was running straight toward a busy 5-lane road & more shopping areas. We're not hunters, so we were just hoping he made his way to nearby woods, but I'm sure there were a bunch of hunters around wishing they could pull the gun off the gun rack in their truck!

I do hope your symptoms subside enough for you to enjoy some hunting & get rewarded with a deer.

eyeamdry

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »
NavyDad, you need to come to Michigan.  That's where the deer are!  My husband is no big hunter type guy, but a little old man who will soon be 72 years old.
About an hour ago, he came in from hunting with a big grin on his face and told me to go out to the garage.  He had two younger fellows helping him to pull it in.  It was an 8 point buck.  It's muzzle loading season.  He got another 8 point during bow hunting season.  The deer are here, that's why you;'re not finding them.

Normally there are more deer in northern Michigan. but we live close to Indiana and for some reason they are around.  I hope you can get out more.  Lucy

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 09:11:41 PM »
Lucy, I think there are more deer than people in Michigan. I remember driving on a rural tar road that wound around a meandering creek as I went to work in the dark. I was so darn scared that I would hit a deer. Lots of car/deer accidents in the fall.

Also, sometimes I know that they guys can take more than one deer if the herd is getting too large. There is too much for the deer to eat in Michigan---corn from the fields and lots of pine cones and woodsy stuff.

My hubby and a friend and 2 of our somes went hunting this year and only saw 2 deer. Never had such a bad year and the fields were all picked!!! The other son went to Wyoming for 2-3 days and he and his friends came home with 4 deer. They are smaller but still make good sausage. Irish  ;D

deeindiana

• Deb Perry Studio: photography & graphic arts
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 09:22:49 PM »
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Not so sure about the fever being a symptom of SS. Could you perhaps have a normal virus?
Feel better!
Deb
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 52
Severely dry mouth & throat with difficulty swallowing, fibro, allodynia of the scalp.
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Zoloft, Zocor, Flaxseed oil, Vit D, Nasonex, Plaquenil
I am my own worst enemy...

Jozee

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
I have had the inside of my mouth peel before. Headaches a lot but just found a wonderful chiropractor that doesn't "crack" you. I have really sandpaper like dry patches on each rump cheek. I know...weird.  :-\

My mouth is so dry all the time. I can hardly stand it. Taking Evoxac and Numoisyn Lozenge. It helps but still very, very dry. The pain meds make it dryer than normal too.

Hope you feel a little relief soon.