Author Topic: agoraphobia & rage  (Read 10056 times)

flutterfly

agoraphobia & rage
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
hey guys i was wonderin' if anyone else has delt w/agoraphobia?& is urs directly related to ss? any rage 4 no aparant reason except ur alive?
(i have both) neither i want! just wonderin'! i actually hope that no1 else does but just a smidge i was hopin' @ least 1 of u do so i have som1 ta talk ta 'bout it! ???

thanx muchly!xox

peace 4 the angry peeps!

~*flutterfly*~

Sha

Re: agoraphobia & rage
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »
Yeh doc....it bugs me!

If I had all your symptoms for as long as u have, id be a bit raged out too!;)

Luv ya!

Sha

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 05:49:41 AM »
It seems you two are on the same page on this issue. I am going to suggest that you practice the exercises in "Feeling Good" by David Burns. The rage seems to keep us in locked in the grief process. The exercises help us to work through it. Take care of yourselves and be kind to yourselves.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

flutterfly

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:08:13 AM »
THANX AGAIN BRAT!

NOT U JOE...WE ALL KNOW WHO I'MA TALKIN' TA! TEHEHE! :P

is that technique somewhere between bitin' my tongue & shuttin' my word hole?

cause so far thats the only technique i've got!

~*FLUTTERFLY~*

LizPetillo

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:20:05 AM »
Over the past few years I developed a fear of taking medicine, even OTC.  I am afraid of food too.  Now that I know I have Sjogrens, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.  Every time I take a pill or a bit of food I wonder If I'm going to have a reaction this time because everything is changing.

Oh .. and germs.  I'm not germ-phobic .. I'm germ-aware.  It's a bit different and I think it's rather smart to be germ aware.  I won't go in buildings with lots of people if I can avoid it, and I avoid high traffic places like stores, etc.  Only go in the morning before the places have time to 'germ up' ... that kind of thing. 

deeindiana

• Deb Perry Studio: photography & graphic arts
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:23:02 AM »
I have agoraphobia too, but I've battled it most of my life (before I was diagnosed with SS). I take Zoloft to help me gather the courage to go out the door. I used to get feelings of rage too  until I hit menopause, so I assume it was hormones. I hope you find some relief.
Deb
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 52
Severely dry mouth & throat with difficulty swallowing, fibro, allodynia of the scalp.
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Zoloft, Zocor, Flaxseed oil, Vit D, Nasonex, Plaquenil
I am my own worst enemy...

Sha

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 07:37:16 AM »
Over the past few years I developed a fear of taking medicine, even OTC.  I am afraid of food too.  Now that I know I have Sjogrens, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.  Every time I take a pill or a bit of food I wonder If I'm going to have a reaction this time because everything is changing.

Oh .. and germs.  I'm not germ-phobic .. I'm germ-aware.  It's a bit different and I think it's rather smart to be germ aware.  I won't go in buildings with lots of people if I can avoid it, and I avoid high traffic places like stores, etc.  Only go in the morning before the places have time to 'germ up' ... that kind of thing. 

Uh...sound familiar flutterfly :D

Sha, who is going to school cuz the school district decided we were brave souls to go out in a winter advisory!!:P Uh, I'm not brave!

gphx

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 11:23:35 AM »
Your signature says 'FOGGED OUT'. Many with SS have cog fog (fatigue and cognition) issues. Some also have neurological impairment which can cause the nervous system and brain to work much harder to get the same job done.

I used to love loud music and crowds didn't bother me at all. Now, in a situation such as a restaurant with a lot of loud voices, my brain tries to make sense of all the inputs at once and it's just too much. Sometimes I'll feel vaguely ill. Other times I'll briefly get downright disoriented and want to leave. Sometimes I just want to scream at them to shut up. It usually passes quickly as the offending noises die down or I realize what's going on.

Quiet groups and/or a few loud people are no problem. But get a lot of loud voices together and I can't process it. I've also noticed I now tend to turn off the radio in the car when someone is talking and the window is open otherwise it's hard to understand them. When the window is closed and there's no breeze sounds I can usually understand them just fine. Again, too much input. Other forms of multitasking can be similarly difficult for those with cog fog or neuro deficit.

Surely there are multiple causes of anxiety and rage in public. If you notice yours too are sound related that's great because it's easy to steer oneself to quieter areas, wear an ipod to drown out the multiple noise sources with a single one, wear earplugs, or roll up the car window or turn off the radio.

No idea if this applies to you but if so I hope it helps.
Dxed unspecific 'sicca syndrome' eyes and mouth. Neuro issues, muscle weakness. SS Seronegative but high inflammatory markers. Diabetes dx 2010. Glucose control improved neuromuscular issues. Enlarged thyroid under observation 2013. Yippee.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 12:05:12 PM »
I don't have rage issues, but this last year I noticed a change in myself. I would get angry about something really fast. I could feel it in me and would have to watch what I said, etc. It was totally unlike any feelings I have had before.

Then I found out that I was over medicated for my thyroid disease. My TSH was down to .04 and the next time .14. I have had to cut down onmy medication 2 times and am hoping that it will be better. I am having more energy and the feelings of quick anger/short of patience, etc have decrease signiificantly. Many our body can sure screw us up. The thyroid is something that needs to be monitored a lot with autoimmune disease. Irish ;D

puccini914

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
If any of you are taking Prednisone, this can cause a lot of anger, tension, weird ups and downs.  I can't stand it when they put me on the high doses because it just makes me feel crazy.

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »
I am going to ask flutterfly and sha to play nice please. Twin talk leaves the rest of us out.
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche

Sha

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »
I am going to ask flutterfly and sha to play nice please. Twin talk leaves the rest of us out.

Awe  man! No fun at all:p

Flutterfly....why don't ya explain the yeh doc....it bugs me inside joke please! Ya gotta laugh at it or ya would cry!

Sha...who has a 2 hour delay tomorrow ....yippee!

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 08:29:05 PM »
I hear the North west coast is getting buried. That means that my wife will be very busy to night. She usually tracks communication problems in that area, Oregon and Washington.

flutterfly

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
  :Dwell hello there every1! i wanna thank all of u 4 ur stories & encouragement! no ~postal~ moments taday 4 me guys! lets start w/ u...
JOE~I HEAR U WANT IN ON OUR INSIDES...OKAY THE STORY GOES...i went ta my doc that i've seen since i was 23 & over the yrs i have been diagnosed w/neuropathies of hand & feet, diabetic gastroperisis, endometriosis diabetes type1, nystagmus & silent migraines in eyes (i also get strobe light looky things & blurry vision & blindspots in my vision)bursitis/arthritis,rashes of unknown origin that peel & sometimes i get these lil'red pinpoints under my skin, agoraphobia, panic attacks, splinter hemoraghes in finners & trig nerve issue in face & numbspots ALL OVER includin'my tongue & face thats just the diagnosed crap!
then u put the swallowin' issues, night sweats, sweatin'when i eat (SOembarrisin') sandy eyes that swell, allergies from the other side of heck, electric shocks throughout my lil'body, my droppin'things (i call it snow day hands) muscle flickers & cramps like i'm ~DUH~ dehydrated (thats what i say to dh ~gosh i feel dehydrated!~ as i look @ my 32oz drink!) my balance is all muffed up, feelin'dizzy & faint, stutterin'& word findin' or readin' instructions gets me everytime!when i never have had issues W/THAT B4 or this 1 REALLY BUGS ME...can't member names 4 objects! sluggish & discombobulated or feelin'wore out & sick all the time OR LIKE I CAN'T HOLD MYSELF UPRIGHT CAUSE I'VE HAD NO SLEEP & I CAN'T EAT BUT I'M 95LBS!

GOSH I"M SURE I LEFT OUT STUFF BUT THAT WAS BASICALLY THE LIST I WROTE OUT 1 TIME B4 DOC APPT. & I GET DONE & I SAY WHATCHA THINK DOC? & HE SAYS...U READY JOE...
WELL DOES IT BUG U?! DUH...BIG RED TRUCK...YES DOC IT BUGS ME! there now ur in our twinzie circle! feel better? much luv! ~*FLUTTERFLY*~ SMILES

flutterfly

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »
SO TA THE REST THAT WERE SWEET ENOUGH TA RESPOND...
LIZ~OH MY...UR SO ME!i'm w/u on the germy thing! skeebed out! not enough purell kinda girl is me! & i'm 'fraid of food 2 'cause it don't like ME! can't poo but can sure puke! sucks! cause i'm a good cook & luv ta eat me sum food!

DEE INDIANA~i was diagnosed agoraphobic in 2002 when i couldn't go outa my house for over 3 months & was in a constant & i mean CONSTANT panic!
DIDN'T WANNA DIE BUT DIDN'T WANNA LIVE KINDA JOURNEY!doped me up & doc called it good! did sum selfmedicatin'w/demon alcohol & quit all head drugs! been a long time since i drank also! good pint sized pixie i am!but now i have no outlet & alot more stress! (takin' care of 82 yr old papa that is um...lets JUST say he's set in his ways! huh sha?! so that can't be helpin'!) thanx 4 ur well wishes dearheart!

IRISH~R U REALLY IRISH? i'm not on much meds (hydrocodone & insulin) i'm scared ta take anythin'else due ta past reactions ta meds! but thanx 4 info!

PUCCINI914~HELLO THERE! nah i can't even consider takin'sterroids...muff up my diabetes!

GPHX~is that a G or a Q? whats that stand 4anyways? pixies wanna know!the foggies i just thought i was a space cadet (i've sorta made peace w/it on the days i'm not ragin') then ~IT BUGS ME~!
I'LL ADMIT NORMAL PEEPS FREAK ME OUT! THANX GUYS 4 ur words!I DON'T FEEL SO ALONE! ~*flutterfly*~