Author Topic: Necrotic Lymph nodes  (Read 8595 times)

Justdave

Necrotic Lymph nodes
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:44:43 AM »
I just got back from the hospital from surgury yesterday, what was thought to be a hernia that had twisted and had to be removed turned out to be a huge necrotic Lymph node. They removed the whole thing and sent it to pathology to check for cancer. I await the answer.

My question for the group, is it common for Autoimmune to attack a lymph node so bad it forces it to die.  I mean this thing hurt so bad.  I know your neck Lymph nodes can swell, but has anyone had one so bad that it had to be surgically removed?

Ouch...

It could be the vasculitis that did it, or sjgrins, or something.  I wonder if It could have been saved, they didn't take the chance, once they saw how nacrotic it was they wanted it over at pathology.  Do Nacrotic Lymph get better with rest, or is it by then too late.

Not sure if anyone has any experience with any crazy lymphs that go wild. Boy am I sore... Dave..

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:02:55 PM by Justdave »

irish

Re: Necrotic Lymph nodes
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:39:06 PM »
I don't know the answer to this one Dave, but I think you are very lucky to have had a surgery that found this. Some things can't be totally deciphered on ct or mri scans. Medicine is not a perfect science.

Any lymph node can develop an abscess. My guess is that when the node is so infiltrated with white cells that it can get swollen to the point of blocking circulation or developing an abscess for one reason or another. It is very good that this was discovered and removed. I would bet that the doctors haven't seen very much of this. Pathology is of the utmost importance in the diagnosis.

I will be very anxious to hear the reports and hope that they come back negative for any cancer. Hopefully they will also have a better idea of what caused this to develop. Good luck. Irish ;D

inga

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »
I agree with Irish.  One can't speculate.  Wait to see why this thing was this big, and 'strangulated'. 

Sorry you have to wait so long for the results...I can't be easy.  I am hoping for all the best.  Hang in there.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:52:42 PM »
Dave I am leaving a post so I can read your follow-up reports. Please keep us informed.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

newhorizons

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »
JustDave, Is it a location on the bod you might tell us where it is? Am I asking too much, I understand... :-\ 

Trust you soon hear from pathology and all is clear. I was a lucky person in the neck area... all clear.  ;)

Joy

BonusMom

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 10:29:20 PM »
My goodness.....sounds like a very painful lesion to have endured.  I'm happy to hear that they discovered and removed it and am hopeful that it is benign.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Justdave

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:33:01 AM »
Actually it was on my right side, top of the leg just above the crease, in the groin area but more on the right.  That's what made them and me think hernia, but low and behold I have a funky Lymph node. I was thinking, great now what? I am too tired to lift anything, how did I do this...

I just hadn't heard a lymph node go necrotic, didn't even know they could do that... I thought they just got sore for a day or two and come back...