Author Topic: Global group weekend challenge . . .  (Read 8027 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Global group weekend challenge . . .
« on: October 27, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
Hi - This upcoming weekend (Oct. 30 & 31) from 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning until 12:00 midnight on Sunday is going to be a group weekend challenge for those wanting to participate.

The challenge is simple:   DO SOMETHING  FUN THIS WEEKEND!   ;D

Then, come back on Monday and give a short post on what you did.  If you didn't find anything fun to do this weekend then post two words, "horrible weekend" - but, please don't spoil our fun for those of us who want to participate.

According to The American Heritage Dictionary the definition of fun is:  "A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure."

Sounds like a wonderful recipe to me!   ;D

We come to this forum because we either have a definite diagnose of Sjogren's or have the symptoms of Sjogren's or are going through the process of getting a diagnose.  Don't let Sjogren's define you . . . Sjogren's is not WHO you are - it's a chronic illness we have.  There is a difference.

I hope we'll have a good turnout for this challenge.  For those of you who frequent this site and read, but don't post or join in on the conversation - we'd love for you to be a part of this weekend challenge.  The more, the merrier!   ;D

Looking forward to hearing what you did for fun this weekend.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

eyeamdry

Re: Global group weekend challenge . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 04:06:12 PM »
I am committed to volunteer at my regular place "The Airzoo" on Saturday night.  We are having a Halloween event and I am volunteering just to be there, in costume, to watch the youngsters do not engage in any damage to our million dollar aircraft on display and keep an eye on the giftshop.  It will b4 3 hours of fun and I will be in costume.  I have not been doing volunteer work there lately because I've been feeling so badly.  I knew if I stepped up and volunteered, I'd make it somehow.  Am looking forward to it.  Lucy   Trick or Treat.................

puccini914

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »
We've got as big weekend planned. It starts Friday afternoon with a Birthday party for a dear friend here at my house, then it's off to downtown trick or treating with the kids.

We live in a rural community in the mountains, so traditional trick or treating is difficult if not impossible.  Everyone goes downtown and they do a parade, costume contest with prizes and then the kids go trick or treating from storefront to storefront.  We have two little towns nearby, so will try to both. 

Then Saturday is Mommy down time to rest up.

Sunday is Church in the morning and then later that night is the big Halloween party at my friends house.  There will be lots of games, and candy and fun for the kids and hopefully enough entertainment that the adults get to have some fun, too. 

It's a big weekend and I just hope that DH can make it home.  He's been out of town working for the last two weeks, but work is work and you gotta take it where it comes.  I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween weekend.

Peace be with you all.

Jennifer

Daisy1234

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »
I just won two good tickets to our NHL hockey team's game with a VIP parking pass included as well so I'll be heading out to the game with my husband this weekend.   Sjogren's finally gave me a big break, my dentist's office held the draw, and I go so often to the dentist that I was able to put in a few entries in the big drum for the draw as a result and now I've won first prize.  Will be my first NHL game too.  Looking forward to it  :)

DragonflyC

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 05:28:42 PM »
Great idea!

Sunday (Halloween) is my birthday!  I'll be 35.

LizM

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
Great idea.  This is one challenge that I am up for.

Liz

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »
Got a big weekend - Saturday a wedding and Sunday at my daughter's for trick and treating and then dinner.  All the grandchildren will be there so it should be fun.
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

eyeamdry

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 09:01:14 PM »
Daisy I am a big hockey freak!  Who is your NHL team?  Get ready to scream and yell.  Actually, you might want to take earplugs.  There will be lots of noise, horns blowing, whistles.........so take earplugs and enjoy.  You are so lucky to have won such a cool prize.  Lucy

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 10:51:34 AM »
Don't forget . . . tonight at 12:01 a.m. through Sunday evening 12 midnight our group weekend challenge is ON!

It doesn't have to be a weekend long fun event . . . even if you can only squeeze in 10-15 minutes of fun - that's good too.   :D

Everybody enjoy your weekend.  Some of you already sound like you have some fun things planned . . . enjoy!

Happy Birthday on Sunday DragonflyC!! 

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Katybarstool

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 01:15:10 PM »
Love this Bucky! DH and I are going to London on a theatre trip. It will be a coach trip, stay in a hotel, theatre Saturday evening and shopping in Oxford Street on Sunday, before our return home. The show we will see is Love never Dies, and it's the follow up to Phantom of the Opera. I'm really excited. I booked the trip last March, as a thank you to DH for looking after me during a tough year.

Will report back.

Kathyx

inga

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
Good idea.....I am taking my grndson, trick or treating....at least a few blocks!

puccini914

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »
It hasn't even started yet, and I am wiped out!  :( 

I was up until 2:00am last night making lasagnas for my friend's Birthday party here today.  Then I got up at 6:00am to get my son in his costume and ready or school this morning.  Then I had to rush home and get the house ready for the party.

With two small boys, it doesn't matter when you cleaned last, you always have to do it again before having guests.  Then cook the Lasagnas and make the salads and make the iced tea.  Blow up ballons and decorate the house, set the tables, etc, etc. 

Had to pick up my son in the middle and race home again. Then after the party was the first leg of Trick or Treating with the boys.  This involves driving into town and walking up and the little downtown and stopping at each storefront for goodies.  We walked it all and now we're home. 

The kids are watching TV eating candy and the kitchen is a wreck and I can barely move.  Thank God DH is coming home tonight, although it will be like 5:00am when he gets here.  Tomorrow is more Trick or Treating at the other little downtown.  Then Sunday is the big Halloween Party at another friend's house.

I just hope my body doesn't totally give out beforethe weekend is over.  I think I'll leave the kitchen for tomorrow and go join the boys on the couch.

Peace be with you all.

Jennifer

Rhonda

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »
We got started a little early on the weekend.  I had to go to a new doctor this morning, so my husband took off work to go with me.  After the doctor appointment, my husband and I came home, changed clothes, grabbed the camera and took off for a drive.  We ended up about 20 miles from home at a little off the beaten path beach.  We walked along the beach, took several pictures just talked about nothing.  We held hands and even laughed like carefree young adults with no ugly disease overshadowing our lives. 

After the beach, we headed back home, stopping at a fresh fruit market and a flea market.  Being a photography buff, I am always on the lookout for vintage frames.  Lastly, ran a couple errands together when we got back into our home town.   

We spent the remainder of the afternoon baking an apple pie and watching movies here at home.

Not much of an exciting day for some, but just spending time with him and taking out a few hours to forget about the SJS and other disorders was good for both of us.  Although I am worn out and exhausted, it was a good day overall. 

Daisy1234

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
Hi Lucy,

my team is the Ottawa Senators and they will play the Boston Bruins tonight!  Will report back after the weekend with all of the details.  Can't wait to go, only a couple more hours to wait :)

genko_b

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »
Rhonda, your day sounds just perfect! All sorts of favorite things to do.

Probably not many of you are spending this weekend rearranging the tatami mats in your Japanese tea ceremony room. November 1 is New Years Day in the tea world, when we change from warm weather to cold weather mode. The Chinese style brazier for heating tea water goes away, and the sunken hearth in the middle of the room is revealed. There are all sorts of traditional foods to eat, and tea activities to do.

I'll celebrate "opening the hearth" with my students on Tuesday and Friday this week, and with my teachers and fellow classmates on Wednesday. So this weekend changing over the tearoom I'm anticipating all of this and enjoying the preparations - getting out the winter tea bowls, planning the food, and everything. It's nice to have two full days to prepare so I can pace myself, and still have time to enjoy the Hallowe'en decorations everywhere in town. It's a great time of year!

Genko