Author Topic: Global group weekend challenge . . .  (Read 7964 times)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Global group weekend challenge . . .
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 05:58:45 PM »
Hi  :)

Well hubby and I ran away as planned and had a walk and a meal until all the local trick and treaters had gone away. (We don't know any of them anyway and it grieves me the way parents round here let really young kids knock on the doors of people they don't know. They are not looking for candy either - they are looking for money!

Really enjoyed an evening out!

Take care - scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Kerrikins

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »
On saturday night my about-to-be-10 year old daughter had 7 girls over for a birthday slumber party and as we have 4 kids that made 11 kids staying over!! We had a bounce house set up and roasted marshmallows at the firepit, watched a movie, yadda yadda. It was soooo much fun but the kids kept us up all night with their giggling and I am still exhausted. Tonight we took the 2 little ones trick or treating and had such a good time. We are about ready to watch Dexter and eat some popcorn then go to bed. It has been such a great weekend :) :) I'm glad so many others had a nice weekend too!
Kerrikins

ynevar

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 07:44:05 PM »
Weekend was a good one so far... is 6:40 pm Alaska time, haven't had too many trick or treaters.  Hubby and I are enjoying the quiet night, kids are trick or treating (I think this is close to their last year going I think.  My son, the  youngest said, I think I am too big to go, I said nonsense!!!  The girls however might not want to go too much more--I dunno (teenagers ya never know) they are a funny). 

Anyhow I am going to help the hubby on his school paper and relax.

Have a good night all!  Glad so many of us had a great weekend!!!!!!

-Y

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
Delighted that I met the challenge. I've had a number of "blah" weekends in a row, but today we got out and explored a park that we hadn't been to before. It was a pretty day in Northern California - Clear, low 70's, and an occasional light breeze.

The park was great - It had a beautiful pond that sparked in the sunlight, and we were able to walk all the way around it. Then we drove up to an area called Vista Hill, which was amazing. Below us, we could see the San Francisco Bay from Oakland all the way down to almost San Jose, and could see Mt. Diablo which is many miles away. Awesome views, beautiful day and good company.

I'm feeling happy.
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

DragonflyC

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 05:34:31 AM »
I felt very cute in my cowgirl outfit on Saturday night at a low-key party hosted by a friend. Good conversation, nice people, and yummy snacks. 

I spent Sunday at my parents' with my husband.  My little brother made an appearance (Yay!  I don't see enough of him), we watched the Pats win (double yay!), I got to hand out candy to adorable trick-or-treaters, and we ate delicious Chinese take-out.

My husband gave me five yoga classes at a studio near our apartment, which I think I really need.  Go, Husband!  I also got a big bag of Twizzlers (also husband) and a great big, cozy, bright red fleece scarf with pockets from my mom and dad (it looked very nice with my Pat Chung jersey--now, if only his knee would get better). 

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 07:12:18 AM »
Good morning . . . happy Monday everyone!    ;D  (yeah, I hear the moans . . .  :D)

Sounds like there was a lot of fun things planned/and or done over the weekend.

I had some "me" time and got to go shopping by myself.  It's nice when I can go at my own pace and not feel that I have to hurry because other people are waiting on me.  Picked out my "interview" outfit and modeled for my hubby and son when I got home - got two thumbs up from both of them.   :D

Saturday evening went to a friends bonfire/hot dog roast.  That was relaxing and fun.

I hope this week if things get a little hectic and you're not feeling well - remember back to your fun weekend and hopefully, it will bring a smile to your face.   ;D  Life has it's ups and down . . . I hope you have more "up" days, than down days.

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Katybarstool

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »
Hi Bucky

Tell me more about the intereview, I think I must have missed soemthing.

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend in London - apart from the 7 hour journey back - we were on a coach trip, and the organisers had included seven stops in all, so a journey that should have taken about 4 hours, took 7. We were absolutely shattered at the end of it.

The musical was good, but not as good as the original one, the Phantom of the Opera. I think that's often the case when you get sequels. The star of the show was definitely a 10 year old boy. He was the son of the phantom and Christine, and I could have listened to him singing all night long. Our hotel was really good too - a wonderful weekend.

Glad everyone else enjoyed themselves. Hope you're not all exhausted now - I was very pleased that I only had to stop walking once - must be a record!

Kathyx 

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »
Bucky, Thank you for starting this thread. This is one of the most optimistic threads that has been on here in a long time. It just goes to show that we are a bunch of sickos but in spite of it all we can rise up and meet the challenge and make some fun. It was a gorgeous weekend.

Now, we didn't go anyplace, but I am getting some cleaning done in the basement that is a long, long, long time coming.

The highlight of the weekend was the grandkids coming for their Halloween treats. The second highlight was seeing my 40 year old DIL dressed up like a witch---tall black hat and all and a cute witchy dress. She just got in the mood she said. I think the 9 year old boy was embarrassed by his mom. Oh well, such is life.

Let's see if we can do this again. Probably every weekend would be too much, but if anybody has a fun weekend or does something unusual, like mountain climbing lol,etc., it sure would be fun to hear some stories. Maybe we can share more this way.Irish ;D

Katybarstool

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 12:37:02 AM »
I'm going on an Abba tribute weekend with hubby and some girlfriends later in the month. That should be a hoot - particularly as hubby will be the only male in our party. It wasn't intentional, but lines got crossed in the excitement, and I didn't realize other girls were going alone. It's at a public hall, so there will be other men, just not in our party. I'm sure he'll have a good time :)

Kathyx

Bopeep

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 03:55:05 AM »
Well as you lot know we don't really do the halloween thing here in NZ but here is my weekend
I ended up with 4 pet lambs this year.
That means the mummys didn't want them and so we are rearing them.
Three of them were ready to be weaned so had to be moved down to the paddocks. It always breaks my heart when the lambs have to go and be lambies.

I also prepared 7 meat dishes so my hubbie and his dad could go away for a week whitebaiting.
Whitebaiting is a sport in New Zealand its seasonable. Whitebait has been described as sperm on steroids. ( sorry if that offends anyone. Thats NOT my intention)
They are little fish that run up stream at a certain time of the year and are a delicacy here.
Then I transplanted about 200 small plants in my propagation house for planting out in the fall.

Apart from that I had a quiet weekend  :P ;D ;)