Author Topic: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ  (Read 22710 times)

marilyn143

Re: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 11:29:46 AM »
This forum has been a lifesaver to me and is about the only place I have to go where others have an idea of what I experince daily.I feel like this is my safe place.Please lets always be a help to one another.Thank you to all the people that make this site possible :)

evamarie

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 06:54:37 PM »
I agree. This forum has been a lifesaver to me.  Whenever I get any new symptoms, I first check it out here, before I call the Dr.  I don't know what I would do without this site. 

sunnybunny

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 12:10:54 AM »
saved me before, and saving me again! I frequented the live chats years ago when things were calmer for the most part, medically and emotionally.
Now that everything is moving at  tornado speed for me...I knew exactly where to come  :-*
wish I hadn't been away for so long  :-\
so,  for the new-new people... I suggest sticking around.
Grow roots, this tree gets watered with alot of TLC  :-* ;D :)

FLGrandma

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 03:07:36 AM »
I am a newbie to this forum and truthfully, a novice to forums and chats in general.  I have to admit I get confused on what is what.  I don't want to do anything wrong and have a question on how the personal messages differ from the "posts" on the forum?  I got a personal message in my personal email and replied..but not from my personal email, from the forum.  Was that correct?  I got a bit confused on how to proceed.  If somebody would give me the basics, I'd be ever so grateful.  I really think this website and these Forums are wonderful and a huge lifeline for sharing good advice.  Thanks.

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 03:44:53 AM »
Welcome, FLGrandma, so far you've done exactly right!

The "personal' messages differ from the posts in the fact that they are, as stated, personal. What's said in a PM is strictly between you and the person you're messaging, while posts are open to the public (remember that guests, not just members, can read posts). For these reasons, we encourage you to keep personal information to a minimum , and kind of general, in open posts...for example, saying you live in such and such a state (Florida, right?) or large city is fine, but I'd avoid small town names, and never post a specific address or phone number.

The email notification you received is just that, a notification.......replying to it will not reach the person who sent you the PM. I'm glad you went to the forum to reply from there, so your communication did go to the person you intended it for.

Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Katybarstool

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »
Hi

Welcome FLGrandma, I'm glad you have joined us. You will get to know more people if you start your own thread. You can do this by going to Sjogren's World Forums, clicking on the Welcome members/social hour, and then to 'new topic'.

I hope you stay with us. BTW, I'm a grandma of 4 from West Yorkshire, UK.
Kathyx

ingy54

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 08:49:01 AM »
Best thing I have ever done since I found out about S.S was to find this website.The Italian one isn't nearly as friendly and useful as this one and it really has helped me so please let's just keep it going, ciao.... :)

Patze

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:01:57 PM »
Hi FLGrandma,

Let me also welcome you to the SJS World and family!  Please look around the board by using the search engine located in the upper left hand side of this page.  If you can't find what you're looking for, don't be shy and ask away!

I'm glad that you've found us and I hope that you find this board as informative and friendly as I do.

Take care of yourself -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:24 AM »
Finding this site was the most productive thing I've done since being diagnosed by a phone call from a my dr.'s front desk staff while I was at work!!!!!!!!!!!!   cold, non-compassionate....then telling me to see him in a month instead of 2 months!!!   My stomach dropped with the phone and I began crying.

I have utmost respect for this forum.....you have helped me to feel that someone cares and wants to help me go through this.....you want to share your knowledge! 

Thank you all for being here and when I needed you most.....I was feeling so lost and alone. 

sincerely, Jill
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:31:27 AM by gold55 »
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Katybarstool

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 12:40:01 PM »
Jill

Welcome from me too. I understand your feelings about this forum so well. It has been a Godsend for me too. I've been here three years or so now, and hope you will stay with us too.

Kathyx