Author Topic: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ  (Read 22711 times)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
« on: October 26, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »
We wish for these forums to be a warm and welcoming experience; users helping users in a friendly helpful manner. Abuse will not be tolerated.

This quote is the first rule of conduct stated in the "Welcome and Rules" thread.  Sjogrensworld is a warm and welcoming site as long as our members refrain from using it inappropriately.  There is a wealth of information here, and members are typically quick and caring in responding  to posts.   Some of their responses will be helpful to you; in other cases, someone may misread your post or shed a different light on it.  Please be tolerant of each person's point of view.   If you ever feel uncomfortable about a post, either ignore it, or report it to a moderator.  Disrespectful exchanges accomplish nothing constructive; however, they create an unfriendly atmosphere that can deter visitors and members from partcipating in the forum.

This nonprofit site was pioneered and is administered by real Sjogren's sufferers.   The rest of us are honored to benefit medically and emotionally from using it, sometimes even as a lifeline.   Please do not abuse it.

http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Kamie

Re: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
Thank You Scottie That was Lovely
Kamie

warmwaters

• Just keep swimming - Dora
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »
I've participated in many forums over the years. I've been the moderator on some. I'm happy to say that this is one of the most supportive sites I've been in. I'll also say that the ratio of helpful to unhelpful/mean posts is very good.  Lets keep it that way, and if someone experiences mean or painful feedback, please flag it, or report it to the moderators.

Thanks to everyone, I appreciate your help and kindness.
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

sewandsew

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »
This is a great forum and I have never felt anything but friendship and good will from posters.  People who attempt to cause a problem should just be ignored.  They will eventually go away.  Don't know what I would do without this support and the great information that is shared.  Thank you one and all.

newhorizons

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 05:06:14 AM »
This SW Website makes my day brighter... knowing others are trodding the same path I am in life and truly understanding why I stumble so often along the way...

Thanks to all for picking me up, dusting me off, and offering words of encouragement to continue on my journey.
Words only begin to express how special each of you are to me!   :-*   LOL,  Joy

Liz D.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 06:07:04 AM »
I may not post everyday, but I read this forum everyday.

Honestly, I do not know what I would do without it!  The caring and support we get here is great!  The administrators, moderators, members are all phenomenal!!

Thanks to all!!

Liz D.

54 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004, but problems started in 2000), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 400 mg; Synthroid 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Vitamins, calcium, flaxseed oil

ohiolady

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 06:42:58 AM »
Thanks, Scottie, for the reminder.  I appreciate the forum as so many do.  I personally come here to learn more about our disease and receive tips that have worked for others and also hope that I can offer up some information that may be of help to someone else.   I think that is why I liked it when the site was divided into topics ie, eyes, cognitive issues, gastrointestinal ect.

Anna
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:16:52 AM by ohiolady »
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »
Hi  :)

I'd just like to say that the start of this thread was actually worded by one of our chat hosts - Cheryl (so take a bow Cheryl!)

I'm totally behind the sentiments but can't take kudos for it!!  :)

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Catilee2

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »
Scottie and Cheryl,

Many Thanks too! to you and everyone else who work at keeping this site helpful and compassionate. You all were so supportive last year when I had an array of symptoms and the Drs. were scratching their heads. Though the problem was not SS related, many of it's symptoms are similar which at times can be confusing.
Reading that other experience similar symptoms and feelings keeps me from feeling like I belong on a "funny farm" not our little farm.

Catilee 2

eyeamdry

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 02:37:55 PM »
To everyone "behind the scenes" and those in front center, I love this forum.  When I was dx with SJS, i was wandering in the woods, so to say.
Let's all do our part and keep it nice.  Lucy

Autoimmunity

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 03:30:25 PM »
I'm still a newbie here, but I wanted to say this is one of the friendliest forums I have seen.  From my first post, I have gotten nothing but support, concern and wonderful advice and I have seen nothing less in all the posts I have read.  Thanks everyone~

LeoLady

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 05:17:13 PM »
Autoimmunity:

DITTO !!

Hugs,

LeoLady

BonusMom

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 06:03:47 PM »
I have loved this forum since day one and without it would have been lost.

But, I think it's the knowledge I garner from reading others' posts/responses than to the questions I post to the group that I've learned the most.

Meld256

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 09:31:16 AM »
Thank you, Scottie and Cheryl!

This site is warm and welcoming and I don't know what I would do without it.
Not a bad idea to remind everyone that we all have opinions but our exchanges should always be tolerant, cordial and understanding of the others' point of view.

Very nice  ;)
Melinda

Katybarstool

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »
This site has changed my life. I had been in the 'wilderness' for over a year after my diagnosis, and hadn't a clue where I could speak to people who were knowledgeable, and empathetic. The day I found this site was such a happy one.

I've made so many lovely friends here, and my life would be  much poorer without this Sjoggie family.

Group hugs everyone :)

Kathyx