Author Topic: Recommendation: Phillip Moffitt's book and Website  (Read 939 times)

Livvie2

Recommendation: Phillip Moffitt's book and Website
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:02:20 PM »
Hi Everyone,

The thread about possible dementia (that is that Sjogren's could possibly cause dryness of the brain) brought up fear. (I had read about this before, so it wasn't something I hadn't heard.)
     When I first found out that I probably have Sjogren's (not officially diagnosed as I didn't pass all the tests), it was very frightening.  Then, what happened is that managing the symptoms (dry eye; dry mouth) has kept me so busy that there's no time to be afraid.  I also think being proactive in my care has given me a sense of control and also hope.  

However,  there are some areas  (please tell me how I can get some drops or moisturizing gel to my brain) we can't do much about.  There are a lot of unknowns with this syndrome.

I wanted to share Phillip Moffitt's book and web site. http://www.lifebalanceinstitute.com/dharmawisdom/dancing-with-life  (He also has a facebook page)  I think I'm in love with this guy, I'm getting so much from his writings and talks.
Moffitt writes about the Buddhist philosophy. ( I think it could be helpful to anyone.)
On the website, you can download his  talks onto an IPOD  (Sample Topics: Fatique, Living with Difficulty, Fear II, Pervasiveness of Habitual Striving).
His book (Dancing with Life) soars; it's that intelligent and thought provoking. His talks are more relaxed, but very comforting and helpful.

I think we have done threads of what comforts/helps us. If people want to add to this thread, please feel free.

Livvie2
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:04:46 PM by Livvie2 »