Author Topic: Chocolate  (Read 8222 times)

slang

Re: Chocolate
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 07:10:58 AM »
I had chocolate last night. It sounded good but it left a weird taste in my mouth. It talked to me all night and yet this morning! Wish I hadn't eaten it! :-\

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 07:30:11 AM »
LeoLady - thanks for the explanation on "sorting".  I can see where this would evolve from your upbringing.  Many times I don't think parents realize what kind of lifelong mark they leave on their kids as they are growing up by their expectations, example, rules, etc. that is part of the kids upbringing.

It's always interesting to see what each generation changes when they have a family of their own, from the way they were raised.  I know for myself, I do some things differently than my mother did.  Of course, she had four children and I only have one - makes a difference!  But, I vowed to myself when I had a family of my own that I would change things - do things differently.  So far, I've stayed true to that.  I've taken a "blend" of how I was raised and how I wanted our son raised, and how my husband and I relate (versus how my parents related to each other) and I think the two combined are a good mix.   ;D

If I had the chance for a "do over", there are a few things along the way I would have changed for myself - but, for the most part - life is good.   ;D

Another thing I find interesting . . . four siblings from the same parents . . . three siblings very similar in their adult life, the fourth sibling . . . as different as night and day!  The three of us are laid back, easy going, relaxed . . . the fourth one is picky, organized beyond normal, very particular about his things, can't relax, a workaholic . . the list goes on.  I don't know, maybe he got dropped on his head when he was a baby!  LOL

LeoLady - you should share some of your poetry with us on the social board.   :D

Oh, by the way, my TP roll is over the top.   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

bloodless

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 11:46:10 AM »
I'm not a M&M sorter. I'm more of a up end the bag into my mouth sorta gal!!

I do however look for the candy that looks like a nut is in the middle in the valentine boxes! I try not to cheat and poke the bottom of the candy for a glimpse.
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 12:46:33 PM »
I'm also a chocolate lover!    I used to prefer milk, but now I'd rather have dark.  Dark is much better for you, it doesn't have as much milk fat.
 And get this-- I work in a candy store!!!!  People ask me what my favorite is and I answer, "Chocolate"
 I can't eat M&M's because of the artificial dye.  I have read many ingredients labels and talked to the boss -since many of the chocolates are manufactured on site, so I know which ones I can eat.
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

Ohiocat

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
HMM,  I like to sort the M&Ms also.  But in my case, I like to see how close to even the colors are.  (Did I get more reds this time, or browns, or what colors do I have the most of).  Then because my favorite colors are the green and brown ones.  I usually save a few of those to eat last.

Green and brown - the color of trees and nature for me.
female 50+, no thyroid - levthyroxin 125mcg; Primary Sjogrens:  Dry mouth; Dry eyes-thera tears, Restasis twice daily;

deeindiana

• Deb Perry Studio: photography & graphic arts
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »
LOL! This topic has run amok like chocolate on a dashboard in August! I'd like to suggest that if anyone want to be sure that their post receives a lot of comments that they add the word "chocolate" to the subject title! LOL! I may be sad that I can't eat chocolate but all of you have certainly cheered me up!
Deb
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 52
Severely dry mouth & throat with difficulty swallowing, fibro, allodynia of the scalp.
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Zoloft, Zocor, Flaxseed oil, Vit D, Nasonex, Plaquenil
I am my own worst enemy...

Kerrikins

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »
Chocolate is definitely my treat of choice! My flares seem to be related to my hormones rather than what I eat(except a few Chinese dishes, ha) so thank goodness for that. I eat any and every kind of chocolate. As a special treat I'll buy an organic 85% dark choc bar and it will last a week or so. More often I pick up a king sized snickers and eat that. It's embarrassing but I eat about 2 of those a week. It's really weird because I mostly eat/cook healthy and from scratch otherwise. I think the snickers thing may be a real addiction that might need help, heh.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:54:23 PM by Kerrikins »

season

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 09:05:30 PM »
It's loaded with caffeine and it keeps me awake at night but I do like chocolate. Anything chocolate. Because it keeps me awake and makes my heart race, I occasionally go for the chocolate early in the day.  My favorite is a really good brand of hot cocoa. Steaming hot and simply delicious.

RobinBat

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2010, 09:08:45 AM »
I love chocolate! Of course it is a major food group, did someone tell you otherwise? They lied to you! I will choose dark over light if I am picking but will not turn down a milk choc. if offered! The only chocolate I can not eat is those with gluten additives.

As for m&ms I am more of a dump in the mouth eater, but if just picking up one from a bowl will go for the blue first....no idea why...

As for the comment on swallowing, I too find I cannot eat anymore with out a drink as food just won't go down. Meat is the worst!

Have been away from the board awhile, rough few months. Had pneumonia(sp?) and shingles, My Mom died, then relapsed the pneumonia....weather changed and my joints went nuts! Have just restarted my shots,(was off humira/methotrexate for almost 3 months due to being ill) Dr. Changed to Embrel
Don't know if wishfull thinking but I think felt an improvement within 24 hours of first shot. Is this possible?

Ok, way off the topic, glad to be back, hope all are hanging tough.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 02:59:09 AM »
RobinBat, Your post reminded me that if we made our own chocolate confections we could cover the supplements that help us in chocolate and make us feel much better. Black cherries are good for arthritis and gout, so Black cherries dipped in dark chocolate sounds good.

Any other suggestions?
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 06:05:39 AM »
((Robin)) - sorry you've had such a rough time here lately.  My condolences on the death of your Mother. 

Wow, to have had pneumonia twice, plus shingles . . . that's a lot in a short amount of time.

Hopefully, things will settle down for you and you will feel better soon. 

Hang in there . . . .
Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)