Author Topic: Whats for the evening meal a your house????  (Read 30244 times)

SLEEPY101

Re: Whats for the evening meal a your house????
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:08 PM »
Last nights casserole turned out good. 3 of of 4 of the kids like it, so in my mind that is a success:) I added ground beef,hash browns,french onion soup and cheese.

Tonight my hubby grilled hot links. My favorite!! But I am sure I will have heart burn later

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »
Sleepy - what are hot links?

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 06:18:59 AM »
Sorry folks . . . last night hubby had a camera club meeting so son and I were on our own for dinner.  We both look at each other and say . . . . ."McDONALDS!!"   ;D

Oh, come on, give me a break . . . tell me you NEVER go to McDonalds?!?  They make the b-e-s-t french fries . . . . I know, you're thinking . . . yeah, if you like your food cooked in grease.  Well, I guess I do, because we l-o-v-e them!!

Can't make me feel guilty about this . . . . I don't eat there often and the best part is - I didn't have to cook or clean-up.   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Shani

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
Ham rolls with porrage in it and cheese sauce+ potato's.
Yum!=)

Bopeep

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 11:32:09 PM »
Sorry folks . . . last night hubby had a camera club meeting so son and I were on our own for dinner.  We both look at each other and say . . . . ."McDONALDS!!"   ;D

Oh, come on, give me a break . . . tell me you NEVER go to McDonalds?!?  They make the b-e-s-t french fries . . . . I know, you're thinking . . . yeah, if you like your food cooked in grease.  Well, I guess I do, because we l-o-v-e them!!

Can't make me feel guilty about this . . . . I don't eat there often and the best part is - I didn't have to cook or clean-up.   ;D

Bucky
I knew I loved you for a reason. I LOVE Mc Donalds, and YES they make the BEST french frys and Big Macs Yummm lol

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 04:29:11 AM »
We had a friend in from Winnipeg last night and so we went to Famous Dave's - Grilled Salmon, Brisket, BBQ chicken and all of the fixings.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:32 AM »
Bopeep -  Birds of a feather flock together!   ;) (as I'm sipping on my Sweeeeeeeeet Tea.)   ;D

Joe S. -  we use to have a Famous Dave's around here - then they pulled out.  I think they're coming back over by the mall.  I've only ate there a few times, but it was g-o-o-d!  We use to get the sampler and it would come to the table in a trash can lid - very strange the first time we saw that.   :o

Do any of you have a Logan's Roadhouse by you?  Ohhhh, they are soooo good!  I love their grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, grilled vegetable skewer . . . yum-o!

Last night was chicken breast dipped in egg and rolled in Grape Nut Flakes cereal, baked potato w/sour cream, green beans and cottage cheese. 

Tonight???  hmmmmmm . . . . haven't decided yet.  Probably some time this weekend we'll have a big pot of chili.

Bucky

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 06:15:53 PM »
Tonight - Stouffer's Lasagna and a salad.  Yum!! 

I used to live in the next town over from where they manufacture Stouffer's foods in Solon, Ohio.  Stouffer's has a discount outlet store there on the premises (at least they use to when I was growing up there).  We'd go over there and get their French Bread pizza by the case full for $10 (back in the 1980's).  Yum!!

Stouffer's makes some realllllly good frozen foods.   ;D

Bucky

genko_b

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »
This has been a stormy weekend, so I stayed in and made a couple of things to eat over the next few days. One is macaroni and cheese with broccoli and the other is a winter stew that is traditional in Tokyo Japan. It's called "oden." When I lived in Tokyo you could buy it at street carts in the parks, leaning up against the counter under an awning to slurp it up. Much nicer to eat in the warmth of your own home, though.

Next thing on the list to make is an apple pie, but I need a rest first!

Genko

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 05:12:43 PM »
We grilled today. Burgers, hot dogs, and chicken for meat, mashed potatoes, squash, veggies, garlic & butter stuffed mushrooms, sauteed mushrooms and onions as toppings. Garden salad started the meal and we ended with several varieties of cheese cake. Of course we had deviled eggs for an appetizer.
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche

SLEEPY101

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »
Oh Joe that sounds so good esp the veggies:) wish I lived closer:)

My crock pot has been busy today. We are having pulled pork sandwiches and french fries but wish I had spuash and stuff mushrooms to add to my meal:)

Joe S.

• Chakra Force
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »
Jan is a very good cook and likes to cook. She gets lots of positive complements for her cooking.

Billydude

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »
Turkey Soup made in the crock-pot with lots of celery and brussel sprouts.   Very hearty and thick.   I use my crock-pot ALL THE TIME!!!!

SLEEPY101

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 10:04:21 PM »
Hey Billydude,
  Post or PM me some of your fave crock pot recipes. I just got some and love it!!

ErinG

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 10:24:57 PM »
My date had pork in the crock pot today and it smelled soooo good when he opened the kitchen door to put the dog inside.  Pork tacos for lunch for the week!