Author Topic: Whats for the evening meal a your house????  (Read 29899 times)

ErinG

Re: Whats for the evening meal a your house????
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 01:08:32 PM »
I recently picked up some eggplant at the farmers' market, found a recipe online, and made an eggplant lasagna that used matzo crackers instead of pasta and it was pretty tasty.  I actually put it together on a Saturday night when I had time, and kept it in the fridge until we would be home to eat it on Monday.  It included a recipe for sauce, but next time I would probably use a jar sauce or alter that part of the recipe. 

It was very good and low calorie, too! 

Babs659

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 02:43:08 PM »
chicken tenders, mashed root vegetables and green salad.

SLEEPY101

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 04:15:27 PM »
Ohh Erin that sounds wonderful

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 07:37:40 AM »
It's Friday  . . . tonight it's "DJ Pizza" night.   ;D  Homemade pizza . . . yum!  I take string cheese, place it along the crust of the pizza, fold the crust over the top of the cheese before adding all the toppings . . . yum-o.  I l-o-v-e pizza.  I know some of you have difficulty with tomato products, but, it doesn't seem to affect me.

Hmmmm you say . . . DJ Pizza from Bucky??  Ahhhh, my little secret.   ;)

Have a great weekend everyone.   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »
We seem to be in the midst of an unofficial hurricane; pouring rain, high winds and just a generally "stay in and keep cosy" type of day...so there's a pot of beef stew simmering on the back burner! Lots of root veggies, cabbage, a few potatoes, tomatoes, and just before we have it, I'll drop a couple of dumplings/dough boys on top. Comfort food at it's best!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

harrigan

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »
Well, tonight all 5 offspring are out for a meal with their father, stepmother and step sis.  I was dreading it a bit.  Thought of going out to friends but too tired.  So, I have had a bath, put jamas and dressing gown on, then made the most delicious fish cakes from smoked mackerel and mashed potato left over from yesterday.  I've enjoyed the peace and quiet!

I read something about a 'Cook once, eat twice' website which appealed to me.  I hate coming in and starting cooking so use the slowcooker a couple of times a week.  Scottie - you're very lucky!!

Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

newhorizons

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »
Well, It was what's in the 'frig' night... Weather and time permit, enJOY the outdoors this weekend...have a good one!!! 

Guess who? ;)

genko_b

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 08:15:45 PM »
Hi Ailsa:

My husband would crash your dinner if he had known about the smoked mackerel cakes. That is probably his favorite food on earth.

Tonight we are having a nice borscht soup of beets, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, onions and a nice dab of sour cream on top. This time of year I make big batches of hearty soup to reheat for several nights. The two before were a winter squash, black bean, and corn one seasoned with jalapeno peppers and cumin and chili powder, and a Tunisian one with a tomato base, chard, kale, butter beans (big limas) and fine pasta, finished with harissa sauce (cayenne and garlic in oil). And yes the chilis aren't great for the digestion, but they do clear my sinuses and taste wonderful.

Genko

SLEEPY101

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 03:18:37 AM »
Hi food lovers!! I saw the new Rachel Ray show on The cooking Channel. She shows how to prepare make ahead meals for the whole week in one day/show. I wanted to post the link. Thought many would find these recipes useful. I am going to try some. I just need to buy more containers so I can store them in the fridge.

Bucky I thougt of you when I saw this show because I know you are busy are were looking for quick food ideas:)

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/rachael-rays-week-in-a-day/index.html

lynnmarie219

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 08:15:59 PM »
You all make me hungry....I wont comment on what I eat for dinner...just to tell you that your dinners put mine to shame....lol!

Most of the time...no one is home here but me at night....and when I get home from work and errands...its all I can do to get something in me just to take my meds. As you can imagine...nothing as elaborate or healthy as you all are talking about!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 12:28:09 PM »
Thanks Sleepy for thinking of me.   ;D  I looked at that site and the recipes she listed for 30 days . . . . well . . . . my family (and me) are very picky eaters.  I don't think there were many, if any, of those recipes my family would eat.   :(

We don't like mushrooms, my boys don't like vegetables, don't like seafood . . . the list goes on and on.   

My husband is a meat and potato guy and he usually puts hot sauce or BBQ sauce on most everything.   ::)

Lynn - you can come eat with us.   :D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

lynnmarie219

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »
Bucky...your pizza sounds WONDERFUL!!! I never thought of putting the cheese in the crust like that.....I love pizza!  :)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 09:12:28 AM »
Tonight it's home made vegetable soup and homemade bread rolls.  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

SLEEPY101

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »
Didn't go grocery shopping so I am using what is left.

I am going to make a casserole with ground beef, hashbrowns and maybe taco seasoning and cheese. Just a recipe I had to make up in desperation:)

Bopeep

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 12:41:39 AM »
Tonight it's home made vegetable soup and homemade bread rolls.  :)
YYuuummmmmmm I LOVEEE vegie soup. Its my favorite ist food in the whole world yyyummmmm

Im having honey soy chicken wings and garlic bread hehehe Im batching tonight. I just LOVE my hubby. But I just LOVE it when Im on my own lol.