Author Topic: Hoping for AU!!  (Read 1424 times)

Crymeariver

Hoping for AU!!
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:10:57 AM »
My thoughts are with our Aussie members.  I hope you are all high and dry.  My husband and I loved that area of AU when we visited.  I'm praying in Michigan.

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Hoping for AU!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:16:26 PM »
My goodness, you are so right. It is just rain and flooding of Biblical proportions. I can't imagine being in something like that.Irish

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 04:00:42 AM »
There has been very little on this here. I have to go to BBC America to catch a note on it. WOW. I hope it misses our down under members.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Calli66

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 06:49:31 AM »
I read the websites for The Australian and the Brisbane Times. Husbands's relatives live in Townsville--Yasi just missed them, but there is lots to clean up.

C

tracyj

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »
Yep you've got to love it here.  ;D While the states of Queensland and New South Wales were flooding, the state of Western Australia had bush fires, then large parts of north western Victoria flooded (and are still flooded) while the eastern part of Victoria had bush fires.  Then Cyclone Yasi hits Queensland and things get flattened and flooded again!  Our Prime Minister just said 4000 army personnel and a huge supply ship (I believe) are being deployed to Queensland to help in the aftermath of the cyclone.  The cyclone's after effects are going to cause more flooding in Victoria too.  What a few weeks!   ::)     

Tracy